• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Scotia

Banned
The presentation appears to be over. They're doing Q&A right now.

IpDAgCi.gif

EDIT: Apart from Juri's release date (which is still cool an all) they didn't announce anything new that we didn't know about.

Asd202

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210861387]daily challenges[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah that would have been ace I need something like this to keep me intrested.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Why not? The way CAs scale in this game it sounds like a good option to cash out after a fat, super long FSE combo

I actually made a post about his earlier, and he's right, they aren't.
Confirming into super is a MUCH better option then confirming into trigger and finishing with super, the scaling is too harsh and potentially dropping it isn't worth the effort for the extra damage.

I'd only use them in combo if it would kill, otherwise nope.

edit: here's the post I made about it:
Messing around with juri, seems using her v-trigger to land her super isn't really practical (in her current form).
The most damage I've been able to do with both meters, but for much more effort and risk of dropping, is 468, only ~40 damage more than if you'd land it from her target combo, or ~30 more than if you land it from cmp into "hazanshu" into super.

Both are very easy to confirm, heck her target combo with automatically cancel into super when it's reached the perfect height to hit, you can't actually have it cancel early.

I hope she gets a bit more tools so canceling into trigger for super is worth it.
I kinda feel like she will, because the ex "hazanshu" launches upwards, but you can't follow up to it with anything unless you vtrigger, which isn't worth it at all.

MadGear

I actually think R.Mikas summer costume looks cute, but its a bit disappointing that she always has to have the same hair.

I didn't expect much out of that panel anyway but right now I'm really interested in the CPT DLC FAQ so I can finally decide to support it or not (I'm only interested in the stage though, even if the bundle were available on PC it would be a bit too much for me).

I know there are a lot of questions surrounding the CPT DLC. I'm working on a FAQ to hopefully address everyone's concerns. I can assure you the majority of the revenue is being invested back into the Capcom Pro Tour. We didn't create this content with the intention of making a profit for ourselves, its to support the community.

PC players are part of the community too. There are a bunch of us who'd love to contribute, but the lack of a bundle and exclusive colors combined with the confusion over what sales are being invested back into CPT (not only how much from the PS4 bundle purchases, but my question regarding individual purchases of "CPT" content) don't really encourage us to do so.

I think they should have combined the EVO and SDCC panels and combined them into one.

They had to promote the CPT DLC at EVO to get the most exposure out of it.

Do you guys think we will see any changes to Juri's frame data from her story mode iteration? I am sure they had to balance it the way it is due to her FSE.

Ryce

There are so many alternate costumes that I’d like to see. I’m getting tired of all the “sexy” female outfits. It’s great that Capcom got Akiman to design costumes for Chun-Li, but does she really need four more of them?

• Classic costumes for a bunch of characters like Balrog, Vega, and Dhalsim
  • Halloween costumes
    - zombie Nash (or Frankenstein’s monster)
    - jiangshi F.A.N.G
    - Necalli as a werewolf or some kind of mythical Aztec beast
  • Winter costumes
    - Cammy in a tacky cat sweater
    - Birdie as a bad mall Santa
    - Zangief in a furry hat and heavy coat
  • General costumes (Battle Costume 2 or whatever)
    - “Jedi Master” hermit Ryu in a hooded robe with a beard
    - Ken in a tuxedo with slicked back hair
    - matador Vega
    - Union Jack punk rock Birdie
    - plague doctor F.A.N.G
    - Alex in proper pro-wrestling attire

Shadoken

Capcom Cup/PSX announcement is almost assuredly going to be Season 2 , cant freaking wait.

But they better fix the flaws in the game before announcing that(Survival,Daily Challenges,Arcade mode) , otherwise there is going to be some backlash if they announce it at say PSX.

Mediking

There are so many alternate costumes that I’d like to see. I’m getting tired of all the “sexy” female outfits. It’s great that Capcom got Akiman to design costumes for Chun-Li, but does she really need four more of them?

• Halloween costumes
    - jiangshi F.A.N.G
  • Winter costumes
    - matador Vega
    - plague doctor F.A.N.G

TAKE MY MONEY!!!

gunstarhero

• Halloween costumes
    - jiangshi F.A.N.G
  • Winter costumes
    - matador Vega
    - plague doctor F.A.N.G

They beat you to it with Matador Vega - that's already out. :)

Great list - Halloween costumes would be amazing. I want Dhalism as Jack Skelington.

Steroyd

Barely got my lab time with Ibuki to satisfactory levels and I'm wanting to play the fuck out of Juri.

And I really want to deck out my Cammy with that CPT costume, fuck you win Capcom, you win. >_<

kirblar

Did they announce the mystery CPT costume?
Nope. I suspect it's Tuxedo Sagat.
I feel Oro is a lock. Sagat, C.Viper and Sakura too. If we're going for eight characters (6 returning, two new) then my list is:

Oro
Sagat
Sakura
C.Viper
Abel
Dudley/Sean/Makato/Q
Ed
New Character
Sagat, Decapre, and possibly Kuma make sense as bonus S1 or early S2 characters. (Decapre's very close to complete, Sagat's been both leaked and teased)

Oro, Sakura, C. Viper, Abel, Sean and Azam all make sense for S2 w/ their prominence in the story modes.

Top Bottom