• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Whales

Banned
GGs Shoto!

Playing against guile is probably the best training I can get right now. He's like the best char to fuck me up since I jump so much, making me learn by force to stop jumping pretty much

Neoxon

Garrett Hawke, could you please check Urien's model to see if the naked model is also found under his premium costumes? If so, does the naked model for Urien's premium costume retain the long hair from said costume?

xabi

GGs Shoto!

Playing against guile is probably the best training I can get right now. He's like the best char to fuck me up since I jump so much, making me learn by force to stop jumping pretty much

Yeah definitely try to control the jump ins...ryu can just walk forward at the opponent like a wall

The other two things I noticed were:

If we get into a projectile war, try to mix it up and throw some ex fireballs. If I throw our a single sonic boom it will go through and hit me.

A few times I jumped in a bit carelessly... try to DP me out of the air when you can

If you see anything to improve my game let me know! We have had two good sessions over the last few days...

Whales

Banned
Yeah definitely try to control the jump ins...ryu can just walk forward at the opponent like a wall

The other two things I noticed were:

If we get into a projectile war, try to mix it up and throw some ex fireballs. If I throw our a single sonic boom it will go through and hit me.

A few times I jumped in a bit carelessly... try to DP me out of the air when you can

If you see anything to improve my game let me know! We have had two good sessions over the last few days...

here's the only major thing I think you need to improve right now: crush counter punishes

95% of the time would whiff a dp in front of you only for you to punish me with a simple throw. You can easily get a huge crush counter combo that deals like 4x damage( and you did it once, you did hp into a kick into ex flash kick and it did massive damage)

other than that, when you were jumping, doing light punches, then jumping to the other side again until it worked: it may work on me because I still have a lot of trouble AAing but it (probably) won't work against people that have great anti-air skills

other than that, really I don't have much to say, maybe practice teching throws? I did grab you a lot in that last set.

nded

Oh, since Zenny's not happening I can probably cash in all these Steam trading cards for sexy SFV costumes.

xabi

here's the only major thing I think you need to improve right now: crush counter punishes

95% of the time would whiff a dp in front of you only for you to punish me with a simple throw. You can easily get a huge crush counter combo that deals like 4x damage( and you did it once, you did hp into a kick into ex flash kick and it did massive damage)

other than that, when you were jumping, doing light punches, then jumping to the other side again until it worked: it may work on me because I still have a lot of trouble AAing but it (probably) won't work against people that have great anti-air skills

other than that, really I don't have much to say, maybe practice teching throws? I did grab you a lot in that last set.

Yep, thanks, all very valid! I have not played with guile in a few weeks, and so the crush counter muscle memory is not quite back, so just went for throws most of the time to be safe...that's the drawback of wanting to play a different character every week!

but yes in general I do need to be more ready to bust crush counter combos out. Your HK, HK, LK, tatsu combo just obliterated me

And teching throws is definitely something I need to work on...

Neoxon

I just realized something. Maybe the introduction of Ed would explain why Rose could still be alive despite Bison being dead. Since there's someone who was meant to be a body for Bison with full access to Psycho Power, the opposite of Psycho Power. Granted, there's also Abel, but he doesn't have full access to Psycho Power like Ed does.

HardRojo

I have been saying since the release of the game that it needed a special mode for tournaments that'd let you use all colors and costumes. Things like this exploit being used by EVO validate my point, but the problem is how you would implement such a mode without making it exploitable or diminishing the need for people to buy the costumes and earn the colors.

EventHubs did an interview with the guys at Capcom about Street Fighter V back during E3 2016. Perhaps this may be thread-worthy (though I'm not sure how people over in Gaming Discussion would react to a positive thing about SFV).

The interesting part about the interview is that they hyped up the EVO panel since last month. Capcom must really have confidence in what they're bringing to EVO, this year.

Suuuuuper curious as to what they're gonna show. They gotta have some important if they're talking about exciting news and surprises.

It's Sagat

I have been saying since the release of the game that it needed a special mode for tournaments that'd let you use all colors and costumes. Things like this exploit being used by EVO validate my point, but the problem is how you would implement such a mode without making it exploitable or diminishing the need for people to buy the costumes and earn the colors.

They could flip a switch and have a process to make sure the builds are deleted at the end of each tournament day.

Or have PS4s with special tournament builds that are heavily guarded by a Capcom employee or two. It'll be their only job.

It'll be worth it to Capcom considering they launched the game 6 months early to be a part of EVO.

Redx508

wait till after the panel for the new thread, don't want the thread to be full of hate for no reason you know how gaming side is.

Kashiwaba

I have to say I'm impressed with Capcom SFV netcode I'm in Canada and I'm playing against my friends from middle East (Kuwait and Saudi) with very little lag (they got 20+ Mbps connection) but on USF4 it was unplayable.

They could flip a switch and have a process to make sure the builds are deleted at the end of each tournament day.

Or have PS4s with special tournament builds that are heavily guarded by a Capcom employee or two. It'll be their only job.

It'll be worth it to Capcom considering they launched the game 6 months early to be a part of EVO.

It wouldn't be hard to just have "tourney" PSN IDs or something, I'd wager.
Add the account on the PS4 being used for the tourney. Delete it from the PS4 when the tournament is over.

You could do the same with Steam accounts if they were running on PC.

Zackat

It wouldn't be hard to just have "tourney" PSN IDs or something, I'd wager.
Add the account on the PS4 being used for the tourney. Delete it from the PS4 when the tournament is over.

You could do the same with Steam accounts if they were running on PC.

They could just generate codes for it in the PS store and send them to the tourney organizers. Who cares if a couple consoles get some costumes. Though who knows what their backend is like with the store considering they had no plans to even use it lol.

Neoxon

wait till after the panel for the new thread, don't want the thread to be full of hate for no reason you know how gaming side is.
This, best not to get people's hopes up. If there's major SFV news, then you guys can make a new thread.

This, best not to get people's hopes up. If there's major SFV news, then you guys can make a new thread.

Are they supposed to be bringing the "big news" in a panel on Saturday or is it something they'll stop the finals for on Sunday?

They could just generate codes for it in the PS store and send them to the tourney organizers. Who cares if a couple consoles get some costumes. Though who knows what their backend is like with the store considering they had no plans to even use it lol.

Currently, the biggest problem is that there's no way to trigger the unlocking of colors outside of completing (or faking completion) of survival.
If their solution is to sell colors in the store, then they could just associate it with an account, same as they do now for everything else including stages and the like.

Neoxon

Are they supposed to be bringing the "big news" in a panel on Saturday or is it something they'll stop the finals for on Sunday?
Capcom was mostly hyping up the panel for an announcement rather than Top 8, likely due to Top 8 being on ESPN (so Capcom & the EVO staff likely don't want to delay it).

Neoxon

I like Rashid's voice a lot, it's perfect.
It's Space Dandy, he'd have to try to fuck it up. Ian Sinclair is just that talented, & he's honestly one of my favorite up-&-coming voice actors. He was a great get for FUNimation & Capcom.

The English cast as whole for SFV is really incredible. Even some of the returning cast who I didn't think were great in IV are a lot better in this game.

I like karin's english voice so much, that's she's the only "asian" character I have set to english.

It's Space Dandy, he'd have to try to fuck it up. Ian Sinclair is just that talented, & he's honestly one of my favorite up-&-coming voice actors. He was a great get for FUNimation & Capcom.

Didn't know Ian Sinclair played Rashid. He did a great job. He's also amazing as Brook in the One Piece dub.

Karin's voice actress (Lauren Landa) also voiced Squigly in Skullgirls.

Yeah I realised that after some time, which pretty much sealed the deal of setting karin to english.

Edit: I keep forgetting mika is japanese, I like her in english better as well.

Neoxon

Didn't know Ian Sinclair played Rashid. He did a great job. He's also amazing as Brook in the One Piece dub.
Indeed he was. Props should also be given to Bill Rogers as the new English voice of Urien. Bill really did his homework in terms of trying to come close to Urien's Third Strike VA, & he pretty much nailed it (without a filter, no less).

Big Brett

Pretty frustrating to just feel a hault in progress. I'm pretty sure my downfalls come down to simply not playing enough against humans so I just need to keep grinding and get rid of my horrible ladder anxiety in this game.

Raitaro

Quick question guys, since I'm stuck downloading the latest update and can't play online or offline to earn FM:

When I try to download the 1.05 in-game update, I immediately get an error message stating that it failed to download the update, with code 22004.

I've looked online but not many others seem to have this problem though it did seem to exist as well with the beta (also with update 1.05). For the few that do, some of them seem to be able to download it in small increments before the error pops up, but as said for me the error pops up right after I press okay to start downloading.

Are the servers down (still) or is it a problem on my end? I can only access the internet through a router since it comes into my house through a coax cable, so connecting the PS4 directly to the wall is impossible. It is a new router (due to my house move) but I've had no other issues at all so far, not with internet in general or other PS4 updates or downloads (which were not in-game like this SF update, if that makes a difference).

Any thoughts? I'm not that familiar with changing router settings like opening ports mind you, but I'll try if that is the cause.

Edit: while most folks on Gamefaqs seem to have run into this issue some 9 months ago with the beta, there are a few on Capcom Unity reporting the same current problem as I describe above. Weird how both the beta and full version have this issue with an update numbered 1.05...

Same here. That dude might be the greatest dub actor since Blum and Cowboy Bebop.

Zerojul

Quick question guys, since I'm stuck downloading the latest update:

When I try to download the 1.05 in-game) update, I immediately get an error message stating that it failed to download the update, with code 22004. I've looked online but not many others seem to have this problem though it did seem to exist as well with the beta (also with update 1.05). For the few that do, many of them seem to be able to download it in small increments before the error pops up, but as said for me the error pops up right after I press okay to start downloading.

Are the servers down (still) or is it a problem on my end? I can only access the internet through a router since it comes into my house through a coax cable, so connecting the PS4 directly to the wall is impossible. It is a new router (due to my house move) but I've had no other issues at all so far, not with internet in general or other PS4 updates or downloads (which were not in-game like this SF update, if that makes a difference).

Any thoughts? I'm not that familiar with changing router settings like opening ports mind you, but I'll try if that is the cause.

Edit: while most folks on gamefaqs seem to have run into this issue some 9 months ago with the beta, there are a few on Capcom Unity reporting the same current problem as I describe above. Weird how both the beta and full version had this issue with an update numbered 1.05...
I'm using a router too and didn't have any trouble. You can try setting your PS4 local IP to DMZ and do the port forwarding maybe ?

I just wanna take a moment to say that having one of my favorite rappers, Lupe Fiasco, become so embedded within the FGC just warms my heart to no end. And he really seems to enjoy the FGC. It's been an amazing 6 months for me.

Can characters be bought individually from the PSN store?

I just bought Balrog using my FM but initially i accidentally clicked on 'buy from PS store' and panicked that i was about to use real money but then i got a message saying not available or something along those lines

Can characters be bought individually from the PSN store?

I just bought Balrog using my FM but initially i accidentally clicked on 'buy from PS store' and panicked that i was about to use real money but then i got a message saying not available or something along those lines
Just remember it like this.

Story Costumes are Fight Money exclusive.
Premium Costumes are Real Money exclusive.

Everything else can be purchased with either FM or real money individually.

There is also the season pass which contains the 6 DLC characters for this year, a Premium Costume for each of those 6 characters and Guile's Stage.

I think I've been ragequit on 8 times tonight. I remember at least 7, but I think an Ibuki also quit on me. Scrub Ryu and Ken players on their own made up the majority of quits with 5, though. I truly cringe whenever I run into either of them at this point.
Fei long's sf4 theme is one of the few rearrangements that stuck very close to the original SF2 composition, I suspect they finally were able to make it sound how it was intended without the limitations of older hardware. But in cases of themes like balrog (snes), there really isn't much you can do to "improve" it, most of theme are fairly genius compositions.
I can appreciate SF2 tracks to a certain extent, but SF music didn't really take off with me until Alpha and SF3.
How did Moonsault beat her EX DP? EVERYTHING beats Moonsault, it has zero invincibility frames.

I've played hundreds of matches against Karin where she beats my Moonsault with the EX DP.
Karin's EX Ressenha has shit for invul frames. I learned the hard way when I used it on wakeup against a Balrog that tried to chip me with his CA. I was stunned by the result. :/
Looks like Alex had a ton of unused voice clips, & he was supposed to have his DDT in the game. That said, gotta give Mark Whitten props for coming close to the Third Strike voice actor's performance.
Only the Hunter x Hunter narrator could properly explain the pain I feel in my heart at this moment.

Top Bottom