• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

pixelish

juri preview on winnerstayson sessions in about two hours at https://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

CoTCCXQWAAAiHXh.jpg

Raitaro

And again with this shit. My PS4 just downloaded the update so I boot up the game and *gasp* it needs to update to 1.07 internally as well, which it AGAIN can't do just like with 1.05 and 1.06 just because for some reason Capcom's servers don't like my (Arris) router.

Capcom, PLEASE FIX THIS! It's the beta's error 22004 all over again where only these kind of internal updates don't download even if the store and overall server connection work fine. I can't even play with the content I bought now. Sigh...

Haunts, if you're here, could you please pass this along to someone? It's not a wide spread problem but there are definitely more people who encounter it.

(And no, for those about to suggest: I can't connect my PS4 directly to my internet because my internet comes in via a coax connector. My only option now is to use phone tethering, which does work but it eats away at my data limit for the month...)

And again with this shit. My PS4 just downloaded the update so I boot up the game and *gasp* it needs to update to 1.07 internally as well, which it AGAIN can't do just like with 1.05 and 1.06 just because for some reason Capcom's servers don't like my (Arris) router.

Capcom, PLEASE FIX THIS! It's the beta's error 22004 all over again where only these kind of internal updates don't download whereas the store and overall server connection work fine. I can't even play with the content I bought now. Sigh...

Haunts, if you're here, could you please pass this along to someone?

(And no, for those about to suggest: I can't connect my PS4 directly to my internet because my internet comes in via a coax connector. My only option now is to use phone tethering, which does work but it eats away at my data limit for the month...)
My suggestion would be to wait until the servers are back up. The data for that patch is already downloaded, the game just needs to connect to the server to get the "go-ahead" to update the game.

Try running the game regularly when the servers are back up. If it doesn't work, then use mobile tethering. It's not gonna use that much data as the files are already downloaded, like I said, it just needs the "go-ahead".

If that STILL doesn't work, break your disc and post a picture of it on twitter.

Capcom, PLEASE FIX THIS! It's the beta's error 22004 all over again where only these kind of internal updates don't download even if the store and overall server connection work fine. I can't even play with the content I bought now. Sigh...

Haunts, if you're here, could you please pass this along to someone? It's not a wide spread problem but there are definitely more people who encounter it.

I wonder if there's some settings in your router that you could set up to get around it.
Like make your PS4 a DMZ host and give it a static IP... or something with port routing/filtering. It sounds like your router is basically shutting down the connections on the ports used for downloading title updates.

--

Juri's theme reminds me of something from Super Meat Boy...

Wait, so the patch includes Juri so once downloaded she's there albeit offline?

Couldn't tell you, my game refuses to boot.

Validate games files > still get error
Remove ~mods folder > still get error
Try low spec mode > still get error
Try removing from borderless windowed gaming > still get error

I really have no idea what the problem is here.

Wait, so the patch includes Juri so once downloaded she's there albeit offline?

The game won't technically update unless it connects to the Capcom server which tells it to update to the latest version.

So even though we have all the files ready to go, we don't have the latest version of the game which includes Juri.

So we have to wait 6 more hours until the maintenance ends to use Juri.

molnizzle

『Inaba Resident』;211458531 said:
Really considering just doing turbo through casual. Want that level 50 Karin title.

Don't be a dick and waste people's time, at least do it in ranked so they get some LP.

I'll warn you though, I had Chun turbo'ing for about 7 hours the other night and went from level 29 to 30. Only worth doing at low levels IMO.

Raitaro

My suggestion would be to wait until the servers are back up. The data for that patch is already downloaded, the game just needs to connect to the server to get the "go-ahead" to update the game.

Try running the game regularly when the servers are back up. If it doesn't work, then use mobile tethering. It's not gonna use that much data as the files are already downloaded, like I said, it just needs the "go-ahead".

If that STILL doesn't work, break your disc and post a picture of it on twitter.

Oh, they're down again? Yeah, that won't help either I guess. I'll try again later then and will do the tethering trick again if need be but man, it just sucks if everything works fine except this one particular thing inside one particular game. Luckily the updates are not that big indeed.

I wonder if there's some settings in your router that you could set up to get around it.
Like make your PS4 a DMZ host and give it a static IP... or something with port routing/filtering. It sounds like your router is basically shutting down the connections on the ports used for downloading title updates.

I actually did look into some of this stuff with 1.05 just before Evo, like adding my PS4 manually and even disabling all security on my router temporarily, but even that didn't do it. Granted, I'm not that handy with router settings so it could very well be that I'm missing something somewhere. It's a newly installed one (by Arris, which I had never heard about admittedly) that came with my (German) TV and internet package, so perhaps I could even try asking my cable guy as well though he probably knows little to nothing about game consoles and updates like this. Thanks for the input by the way.

Asd202

Couldn't tell you, my game refuses to boot.

Validate games files > still get error
Remove ~mods folder > still get error
Try low spec mode > still get error
Try removing from borderless windowed gaming > still get error

I really have no idea what the problem is here.

Is Cacpcom onto us?

I'm sorry but Juri's new theme is shit. By the time the music kicks in, the round would already be finished. And is forgettable compared to her SSF4's theme.

Big Brett

I was getting tired of everyone's theme sounding too samey. Love the change of pace. Slow, brooding, spooky. I think it's amazing, really. To each their own!

Tried to get an answer out the organisers on the online tournament Discord about vsync last night/this morning. Given there's no response...

Anyone entering a CPT online qualifier better be aware that you will be facing off against PC players who have switched off vsync to get an advantage due to the lower input lag. And as far as I can see that's totally legal.

This has obvious repercussions for anyone who is using the latency to allow for a lot of the popular SFV tactics (shimmying into CCs for example) and for folks with difficult to react moves that are much easier to counter with 4f less lag (Bull Revenger, a number of overheads, some dash-throw setups).

To put it another way: you will be at a disadvantage on PS4.

Sayad

Tried to get an answer out the organisers on the online tournament Discord about vsync last night/this morning. Given there's no response...

Anyone entering a CPT online qualifier better be aware that you will be facing off against PC players who have switched off vsync to get an advantage due to the lower input lag. And as far as I can see that's totally legal.

This has obvious repercussions for anyone who is using the latency to allow for a lot of the popular SFV tactics (shimmying into CCs for example) and for folks with difficult to react moves that are much easier to counter with 4f less lag (Bull Revenger, a number of overheads, some dash-throw setups).

Playing online, with v-synce off you 4 less frames of lag, the game have a set amount of lag that it would force on you even with v-synce off while playing online. You'd still get a slight advantage though.

Coda

Playing online, with v-synce off you 4 less frames of lag, the game have a set amount of lag that it would force on you even with v-synce off while playing online. You'd still get a slight advantage though.

Wait so turning off V-Sync gives you less frames of lag? I thought it would be the other way around. I've been playing the game on my new gaming laptop, how do I turn the V-Sync on or off for this game? Does it even matter because my screen is connected to my computer internally?

yea, once i play ranked again i will definitely set ps4 only. i already noticed some average dudes with godlike reactions if you read a few pages back. not worth to play if we're not on equal terms. messes up my game and teaches bad habits.

Sayad

Wait so turning off V-Sync gives you less frames of lag? I thought it would be the other way around. I've been playing the game on my new gaming laptop, how do I turn the V-Sync on or off for this game? Does it even matter because my screen is connected to my computer internally?
You do it from an .ini file. Unless you laptop is way better than the required specs to run the game, it's not worth it though, you'd get tearing and dropped frames. That and the game add most of the shaped off input lag back while playing online.

yea, once i play ranked again i will definitely set ps4 only. i already noticed some average dudes with godlike reactions if you read a few pages back. not worth to play if we're not on equal terms. messes up my game and teaches bad habits.
Difference between PS4 and PC with v-synce off while playing online is about 1 frame. Even with v-synce off you still get ~115 ms of input delay while playing online.

Man they really contorted her body to make sure you could see both her boobs and ass.

Juri body is almost always contorted. It's not like she's doing this kind of pose only in the character select screen. And I don't see her boobs or her ass - she's wearing clothing after all & is fully covered. Unless of course you're saying you can't depict two major parts of anatomy any more in games.

Juri body is almost always contorted. It's not like she's doing this kind of pose only in the character select screen. And I don't see her boobs or her ass - she's wearing clothing after all & is fully covered. Unless of course you're saying you can't depict two major parts of anatomy any more in games.
#nomoreTandA

Top Bottom