• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion |Thread 2| Deal with it & place your hope for DLC

I can't stop listening to the character themes. They're all so great. Most of the stage themes are really awesome too.

And the more I look at Eisbahn, the more I want to see him in the game. His design speaks to me. Some cool (presumably) German DJ/pop star guy with ice powers? Sign me up. (And every poster/billboard in recent Street Fighter games have featured characters from the series, whether playable or NPCs, so it would seem a bit odd to me to have some random made up guy just displayed in the background, so I hope he's a part of the game somehow.)

Tizoc

hiuOBV3.jpg
I see Cody's happy :V

Do people seriously think there's a character named "Ice Rink"?

El Fuerte.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So kind of a bummer that UE Viewer won't load actual stage geometry... but here's some fun texture maps for whoever wants

EDIT-hmmm actually can view/extract stage geometry that is rigged like the sheep, etc... but not static meshes like the Egyptian statues behind the waterfall

hiuOBV3.jpg
I wonder if this is just a placeholder for something that would maybe spoil the story? It's a weird poster to have in a train station...

And Eisbahn looks like Yang, maybe his movie career finally took off.

kirblar

Cammy and Vega didn't get any buildup to their debut at major conferences without a regional connection. This is likely the same situation (aka final vet) if we don't see teaser pics.

He could always bring the first story mode trailer for PGW. Just leave out the two returning characters or include them if they're going the MKX route where the story mode included characters that weren't in the base game or the game at all.

Tizoc

wHOEVER tweeted it needs to show HOW and WHERE they found it.
Nadeshiko being playable wouldn't surprise me, put a little work into her model and boom.
She could even be a swap with Mika and share the same moves.

NDK is probably Nadeshiko, so you might be right.

Here's the original source.

Thanks for the link but that list is missing Gouki/Akuma, even if he is DLC he should show up :V

Slaythe

When I saw estebanh he reminded me of K from Kof :( .

I want Viper and a flashy pretty boy stereotype in this since kof 14 is still born.

I remember early on there being a rumour about an ice-based character, was that all just guess work from this Eisbahn background artwork?

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a potential new character designt that got bumped out of the initial roster for one of the other new challengers, but with him being included in-game in this way he'll have a very good shot at being included later down the road.

When I saw estebanh he reminded me of K from Kof :( .
And Kula of course! What's wrong with K' any way? Other than being the generic slick douchey antihero type.

KAL2006

Banned

Interesting. Either way I hope we get more than 16 characters for the initial. After playing the Beta and knowing there are only new 4 characters to include makes me feel I already seen alot of SFV. At the least if we do have 16 I hope we get new characters released early on.

Lets say the last 4 characters thay are not in the beta are
Zangief
Laura
Dhalsim
Zen

I'd like there to he a total of atleast 20 characters a month or 2 after the release of SFV
Urien
Juri
Boxer
Akuma

Would be my first picks as DLC or secret characters on day one or straight after launch.

Pompadour

Having never played third strike, how well will Urien transition in SFV if he does appear?

He gained a lot from charge partitioning in 3S which doesn't exist in V, IIRC. The juggle system isn't as crazy either so I doubt we would see 4+ tackle combos. Although I think they do modify the juggle system for certain characters (Ken) so who knows.

Renekton

Having never played third strike, how well will Urien transition in SFV if he does appear?
Will be awkward.

Headbutt could be a decent V-Skill. Knee Drop is inferior to Dictator's stomp. Aegis Reflector is inferior to Rashid's. Tackle is inferior to Necalli's Disc.

pizzacat

Banned
There's no charge partitioning so you don't have to develop arthritis to play him correctly anymore. There's also no universal parties so his unblockables will probably be tuned.

He would look so cool doing his barrier super with all the paint moving around him : ( hope that's real

Pompadour

Will be awkward.

Headbutt could be a decent V-Skill. Knee Drop is inferior to Dictator's stomp. Aegis Reflector is inferior to Rashid's. Tackle is inferior to Necalli's Disc.

I think if they made his EX electric ball the Aegis (with a projectile limit of two) it would be fine. The tornado is very good so the fears that Urien would be top tier just from an Aegis is unfounded.

Masaki_

There's no charge partitioning so you don't have to develop arthritis to play him correctly anymore. There's also no universal parties so his unblockables will probably be tuned.

He would look so cool doing his barrier super with all the paint moving around him : ( hope that's real

They should bring charge partitioning back. I don't even wanna play Urien if he doesn't have that. Also, if he's CA is Aegis, it's gonna suck having only one per round.

NDK is probably Nadeshiko, so you might be right.

Here's the original source.

If anyone has access to a PC version, according to this post, it seems you can check yourself by following those steps:
animosf5 said:
For those who want to check by themselves:
1 - search on the internet the program QuickBMS (made by Luigi Auriemma, credits go to him for this wonderful software)
2 - in his webpage go for the Unreal Tournament 4 script v0.4 (made by the same guy, credits go to him for the script)
2 - in the program just select the script file and target the packed file you want to unpack "StreetFighterVBeta-WindowsNoEditor.pak"
3 - select the location of the unpacked files
4 - take a look at AssetRegistry.bin with a hexviewer OR just open CookedAssetRegistry.json with a text viewer such as Notepad++ (a little advice, try to read both of the files, it can be interesting)
5 - Share your results !

Can anyone confirm/refute the 'leak'?

pizzacat

Banned
They should bring charge partitioning back. I don't even wanna play Urien if he doesn't have that. Also, if he's CA is Aegis, it's gonna suck having only one per round.
So that's the thing, based off the parameters of sfv Urien would have never been the same.

I would say to use his other supers but I legit forgot what they were since aegis was the "one".

I think one was a couple of tackles in succession

Pompadour

So that's the thing, based off the parameters of sfv Urien would have never been the same.

I would say to use his other supers but I legit forgot what they were since aegis was the "one".

I think one was a couple of tackles in succession

One is a couple of tackles into a clothesline, the other is a giant oval projectile that shrinks the farther it goes. He'll probably have a completely new CA and maybe one of those becomes an EX (probably the fireball).

Top Bottom