• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion |Thread 2| Deal with it & place your hope for DLC

Mediking

I preordered the SFV Collector's Edition from Best Buy to get the Cammy Costume. Apparently Best Buy isn't giving her costume code until March 31st...? What the heck? So the preorder costume code doesn't even come until AFTER launch day?

I preordered the SFV Collector's Edition from Best Buy to get the Cammy Costume. Apparently Best Buy isn't giving her costume code until March 31st...? What the heck? So the preorder costume code doesn't even come until AFTER launch day?

That's weird should be included in the receipt, also the CE doesn't include steel case just in case.

Man I was just looking at this. I have a preorder at EB and BB and I just bought a bunch of sale PSN cards so I was thinking I'll probably just preorder it on PSN and use my 20% off coupon code so I can get the majority of the bonus costumes. But I'm worried the costume stuff will be pack in codes b/c obviously I don't want 3 copies of SFV...

If I can't get the Cammy costume I will be super pissed. I always main Cammy and am planning on using her for SFV as well.

Mediking

Man I was just looking at this. I have a preorder at EB and BB and I just bought a bunch of sale PSN cards so I was thinking I'll probably just preorder it on PSN and use my 20% off coupon code so I can get the majority of the bonus costumes. But I'm worried the costume stuff will be pack in codes b/c obviously I don't want 3 copies of SFV...

If I can't get the Cammy costume I will be super pissed. I always main Cammy and am planning on using her for SFV as well.

Man, Best Buy's website is determined to say Cammy's costume code doesn't release until March 31st... I don't understand... is that just a mistake on their part? Or is the first DLC character coming also on March 31st? I wanted to use the awesome costume on launch day... Not late March.

http://watissf.dantarion.com/sf5/boxdox/stats/cbt4/EFE

Someone parsed the frame data from beta 4 (select a character from the top nav bar)

Note worthy things I saw was 3 frames light tatsu from Ken look op as fuck, and Gief SPD is 5 frames. SPD looks really bad as a punish tool. Also I was surprised Chunli's normals don't look as batshit op reading the frame data as actually playing vs her, her frame traps aren't particularly exceptional either. Maybe a case of good hitboxes.

All throws are slow in this game relative to SFV. You need to have a read/set them up.

Gief's stuff has silly ranges though.

I don't see SPD as serving the same purpose as regular throws. Throws are to break the guard habit from the opponent IMO, SPDs are a tool to get people scared of Gief's as a punish tool. Let's just say now I see why I bopped giefs and wasn't scared of him at all.

All command throws are 5 frames.

All throws too

That seems needlessly arbitrary, reminds me of all the normals having the same normalized damage in cross tekken

http://watissf.dantarion.com/sf5/boxdox/stats/cbt4/EFE

Someone parsed the frame data from beta 4 (select a character from the top nav bar)

Note worthy things I saw was 4 frames light tatsu from Ken look op as fuck, and Gief SPD is 5 frames. SPD looks really bad as a punish tool. Also I was surprised Chunli's normals don't look as batshit op reading the frame data as actually playing vs her, her frame traps aren't particularly exceptional either. Maybe a case of good hitboxes.
LOL, how was I using Psycho Blast as a frame trap?!

TheOGB

Banned
If I were making the official thread this would be the OP in its entirety:

STREET FIGHTER V |OT| WHO'S YOUR DADDY

hAic8q1.jpg

5OeZKuQ.jpg

it's this guy. right here

But since I'm not making the thread here are more title suggestions
Street Fighter V |OT| One Hot Package
Street Fighter V |OT| It starts with a beat and ends with a 21007
Street Fighter V |OT| Follow the Patterns #Illuminati
Street Fighter V |OT| Fate of Two Cheeks ahahaha please no

JayEH

I'm sure you'll get it at launch. Probably just a left over from when they didn't know the release date.

SFV soundtrack list

Disc 1
01:Rise Up -Opening-
02:Street Fighter V
03:Main Menu
04:Character Select
05:Versus
06:Bustling Side Street -China Stage-
07:Bustling Side Street Alternative -China Stage-
08:Union Station -London Stage-
09:Union Station Alternative -London Stage-
10:Forgotten Waterfall -New Zealand Stage-