• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stubbs the Zombie comes back from the dead in March, achievements revealed

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

A new achievement list for a rerelease of Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse on Xbox consoles has been spotted.
The original Xbox title looks to be a port from developer Aspyr Media, who recently handled the Star Wars Episode 1 Racer port/remake on modern consoles.

1612379739447.png

Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse, developed by Wideload Games and published by Aspyr Media, first launched back in 2005 on the original Xbox console and Windows PCs. You play as Edward "Stubbs" Stubblefield, a travelling salesman who is killed by his girlfriend's father. A quarter of a century later, Stubbs rises from his grave to enact revenge on the living by creating his own army of the undead. Gameplay revolves around bringing the city of Punchbowl, PA to its knees. To do this, you'll use Stubbs' "bodily arsenal of zombie sputum, gut grenades, and the stunning unholy flatulence" to kill and convert humans to your undead alliance.

Aww hell yea I wanted to buy this game but its too expensive, hopefully LRG does a physical release like they did with Aspyr's other games.

Skifi28

Comes back from the dead in order to die again. I just can't see anyone buying this, the minimal effort put in the port probably won't help much.

Miles708

I remember trying out the demo when it first came out , i was pretty excited since it was developed by some ex-bungie devs.

It was mediocre. Stiff gameplay, washed up colours, uninteresting design.
Nowadays it's probably bordeline unbearable.

Maybe it's just me , but for the price they released it at I'm happy to play this. It is so minimalist and short that compared to most games that require hours of collecthons, or sub systems or skill systems to enjoy a game is just tiring .

Then this game just .... is refreshing for 2021 ? I know it doesn't look good and barebones, but it is so fun eating brains as a zombie. If they could make a sequel with a bit more crowd and maybe a longer story that would be fun.

Top Bottom