• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stupid Question About Amazon Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Hey guys, I need to return an item from an Amazon Third Party seller. They've given me the mailing label, but I'm unsure how to go about this. Sorry for such a stupid question, but I've never done this before, and I don't want to screw this up. So, the mailing label says "postage required."

Can I just tape the mailing label to the box that the package came in, then take the box to a USPS/FedEx/UPS station, and have them place postage on it?

Or can I just put a stamp or two (it's a small to medium sized box) on the box that says "postage required" on the mailing label, and drop it off at a USPS station, or does USPS stamps only work for letters? Thanks for any help.

1. Put item back in box securely
  2. Seal box with tape
  3. Tape Mailing label on box and make sure address is legible
  4. Take box to USPS if below say 15 lbs in weight [as its the cheapest option] or if somehow more desirable use a different carrier
  5. Have the carrier place the postage on the box for you
  6. Pay carrier for placing the postage on the box for you
  7. ???
  8. Profit

Hey guys, I need to return an item from an Amazon Third Party seller. They've given me the mailing label, but I'm unsure how to go about this. Sorry for such a stupid question, but I've never done this before, and I don't want to screw this up. So, the mailing label says "postage required."

Can I just tape the mailing label to the box that the package came in, then take the box to a USPS/FedEx/UPS station, and have them place postage on it?

Or can I just put a stamp or two (it's a small to medium sized box) on the box that says "postage required" on the mailing label, and drop it off at a USPS station, or does USPS stamps only work for letters? Thanks for any help.
I would take it to a place to mail it for you. USPS would be cheapest probably. They'll weigh the package and put the right amount of postage on it.

A stamp or two will not work. Just take it to the post office and tell the person at the counter that you want to ship it via the cheapest option. You can use UPS or Fedex if you prefer, but USPS will likely be cheaper.

And hang on to your receipt just in case your package gets lost along the way or something.

USPS is usually cheapest by FAR.

Also, I don't know about your guys' places, but I drop USPS stuff (pre-labelled) at my local UPS all the time. They don't care, everyone ships things out through everyone else. USPS picks up from UPS, UPS picks up from USPS, it's like an orgy of mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom