• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Subnautica diving into Steam Early Access later today

aibaby

Neo Member
Oh wow another update! These devs are amazing in keeping the community updated with their progress and roadmap. Considering to start a new game *again* now.

My trypophobia is acting up.

Someone send help.

edit: Probably should drop a warning that you don't know the term, Google it at your own risk.

No fucking kidding. I think some of these images may give trypophobia to someone who didn't have it. :S

Teuoxton

Wonderful! Hopefully my PC can still run this when it is finished.

I picked it up before the Cyclops update and haven't stopped playing since.

5taquitos

This one had fallen off my radar, but I'll definitely be picking it up once I upgrade the rig. I'm a huge UWE fan, and this doesn't look like it'll disappoint.

SparkTR

Oh wow another update! These devs are amazing in keeping the community updated with their progress and roadmap. Considering to start a new game *again* now.

These guys are experts in community engagement. They pretty much pioneered crowdfunding and early access game development alongside Minecraft back in 2009/2010 with NS2.

Dineren

Banned
Wow, that update looks great. I'm always tempted to hop back in, but I'm afraid of getting burned out so I'm trying to wait until the final release. Or at least until it is content complete.

Serra

Man this keeps looking great. Love the Unknown Worlds guys since the original NS days. I haven't bought this yet since its not content complete and I know it will go on sale for really cheap someday (I got a huge backlog..)

Btw, its on sale now for 14,99€ on Steam.

cabot

Man this keeps looking great. Love the Unknown Worlds guys since the original NS days. I haven't bought this yet since its not content complete and I know it will go on sale for really cheap someday (I got a huge backlog..)

I'm in the same boat (the waiting until full release part, not so much the sale part)

This game really does look pretty great and it's a challenge to resist pressing buy whenever I see it on Steam.

Jimrpg

Is there any news on this being a VR title?

It's been on my wishlist for so long (but happy to say its moving up the list!)

SZips

I've seen this game streamed before and loved what I saw. I think it's high time I finally install it (have had it on my Steam account for ages) to try it out for myself.

epmode

Oh god, I'm sorry. I'm confusing it with Elite: Dangerous. ELITE is in the SteamVR category, not Subnautica.

Subnautica does have a VR mode though. For sure.

Without testing it, I'm thinking VR is probably not be the best way to play. There are some stutters as the game streams in new content and that's killer in VR. I suspect the developers will work on smoothing out the framerate later in development but I haven't heard anything either way.

Subnautica has VR support but I think it was only in the experimental build last time I checked. You can access the experimental build by opting into the beta on steam from the properties tab on the game, then beta.

Edit: Wow! I've not been back for a few months and that H20 update caught me off guard!

womp

My 8 year old was begging me to buy it Sunday night, but I told him it didn't seem to have real 360 controller support from what I can tell. Obviously this is a sign, so I may snag it for that sale price and see whats up with it. We have a Steam controller as well, I am just not so sure he will be able to wrap his head around it. LOL

Oh well, worst case, we got Steam refund.

Top Bottom