• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suggestions for future Forza games

Mendou

Banned
I feel that the next or second-next Forza game needs to take inspiration from the F1 games that make you actually feel like a champion. Here are my suggestions:
  1. A progression system for you and your team/sponsor. For every race you win:
    1. Your team gets money to invest in car modifications.
    2. Your team rises through the ranks of the top 10 or 20.
    3. Your fame increases, allowing you to move to other teams that want you.
  2. A character customisation system. For every win:
    1. Your character is seen celebrating at the podium.
    2. Your team is seen celebrating as well with maybe different faces and shirts for different teams.
  3. Other racers are actual characters with faces and dynamic personalities.
    1. If for example you continually smash into Sam Dunny (fake character), he becomes aggressive towards you towards the season.
    2. You can check the characters that hate you and the characters that respect you as well as their power level.
Some non-F1 inspired suggestions:
  1. Custom maps.
    1. Make me drive on maps specifically made by the Forza team for fun. I want to race in snowy mountains and in underground lairs. I want to race on aircraft carriers and in dark scary foggy forests with ray tracing on.
  2. Audio ray tracing.
    1. Different environments would sound different. Racing in mountains would reverberate sound differently from racing in a forest.
  3. Easter eggs related to the environments and cars.

I don't know what else to add besides ray tracing. If anyone cares to add their suggestions, feel free.

xrnzaaas

I'm still hoping that Forza Hong Kong / Asia artwork from about a year ago is real and it's what the next FH is going to be about.

Personally I want the return of the idea of rewarding the player for winning races, not simply for completing them. In FH3 and FH4 the rewards between finishing first and eighth weren't that different and there was no sense of progression. Having to go against "bosses" like in FH1 would also be cool.

Oh and - more new cars for everyone (not just the car pass folks) and less American cars. There's more than enough of them already in the game.

Last edited:

TwiztidElf

I always said they needed to make an option for online co-op drop-in/drop-out single player campaign.
Where you're playing through the single player campaign with multiple real players online. If all the players finish before all the AI cars, then it counts as a first place for all of the real players.

I think they might have even implemented something like this already, but I haven't played the mainline Forza in so long, I wouldn't know.

Last edited:

GHG

Actually make a game that is worthy of the "motorsport" name.

Practice and Qualifying. Meaningful pitstops and race strategies.

Bring back having to pay to fix your cars for wear and tear and if you damage them during races. If not that damage should carry over to the next event you enter with that car.

Weather changes require different tires instead of your tires magically changing to wet tires during the race without a pitstop.

Kill the drivatars with fire and create a competent hand crafted intelligent AI system. I don't want to have the feeling of playing against the Forza online community when I race offline - nobody asked for this.

Fix the godawful Forza online community through some sort of driver education system that acts as an induction to teach people the basics of racing etiquette and driving technique. Have a penalty and ranking system that sorts the punters away from those who want a proper race.

Fix the shitty wheel support so that using a wheel doesn't put you at a disadvantage vs controller users.

Basically take the best bits of Assetto Corsa Competizione, F1 2019 and iRacing and make a proper racing game.

Last edited:

Foxbat

Banned
Wheel support should be better.

Implement a better auction front.

Better attention to detail and customization concerning motor swaps. Ex. Everyone using a Chevy logically just swaps in a Nascar V8. Make modifying others competitive. Promotes grater engine diversity.

Stop overpowering British cars. Ex. S class racing lobbies can easily be dominated by using any of the British manufacturers. Aside from the F50, ferrari has no cars that are equal to several cars by either Aston Martin or Lotus.

Improve engine sounds.

Reactions: GHG
Top Bottom