• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad - Cast Photo (In Costume)

Busty

Banned
I saw a bunch of stuff for this movie at work today and it will be awesome.

All I can say is I can't wait for you guys to see the villain. :)

Could Hawkman (or at least some Thanagarians) be the misunderstood bad guys of the film? It could be a great way to introduce them to the DCU.

Perhaps it's
Black Manta
played by Common which
King Shark
as a henchman which would lead into
Aquaman's
solo film?

I think that this film still has many tricks up its sleeves and everything will become alot clearer at Warners' presentation at ComicCon this year.

There has already been loads and loads of speculation about whether the studio has secured another 'name' actor join cast in a supporting, but pivotal, role. Again, I'm sure that all will be revealed at SDCC.

What's everyone's take on David Ayer directing this, by the way? Think he's upto snuff? While Harsh Times is an excellent character drama, in my opinion, he's made a few duds too. Sabotage and Street Kings come to mind. What the hell was he thinking with Sabotage? Was awful.

As I've said in this thread already Fury is excellent and well worth checking out. I believe there was a strange story behind Sabotage, IIRC the original director dropped out and Ayer (who had co-written the script) came in at the last minute to helm.

Will Smith is happy over finally being allowed to touch an actual white woman on his movies.

#Progress.

tumblr_nlshimByBp1ti9vnco1_400.gif

Corpsepyre

Banned
Could Hawkman (or at least some Thanagarians) be the misunderstood bad guys of the film? It could be a great way to introduce them to the DCU.

Perhaps it's
Black Manta
played by Common which
King Shark
as a henchman which would lead into
Aquaman's
solo film?

I think that this film still has many tricks up its sleeves and everything will become alot clearer at Warners' presentation at ComicCon this year.

As I've said in this thread already Fury is excellent and well worth checking out. I believe there was a strange story behind Sabotage, IIRC the original director dropped out and Ayer (who had co-written the script) came in at the last minute to helm.

Fury was enjoyable, yes. The biggest problem with Sabotage was definitely the script though. Just horrendous, in my opinion. Was Fury written by him as well? Seems like it was in a whole different league to Sabotage, and it came out the same year as well, surprisingly.

Pretty sure it's hinting at Hawkman(Midway City Museum & Egyptian).

yup def Hawkman.

Hopefully it will be Hawkman + Hawkgirl. Hawkman is pretty much non existent since Justice League TAS and pretty much all games feature only Hawkgirl. Their whole story is suppose to be about eternal love. When she tried to separate from Carter she still came back to him.

Busty

Banned
Fury was enjoyable, yes. The biggest problem with Sabotage was definitely the script though. Just horrendous, in my opinion. Was Fury written by him as well? Seems like it was in a whole different league to Sabotage, and it came out the same year as well, surprisingly.

David Ayer wrote and directed Fury himself. Like I said I believe that Ayer co-wrote the Sabotage with Skip Woods who was originally going to direct it but at the last moment (for whatever reason) be left the project and Ayer came in to stop the whole thing from going belly up.

Fury was written by him, Sabotage was him + Skip Woods.

abadguy

Banned
What's everyone's take on David Ayer directing this, by the way? Think he's upto snuff? While Harsh Times is an excellent character drama, in my opinion, he's made a few duds too. Sabotage and Street Kings come to mind. What the hell was he thinking with Sabotage? Was awful.

I liked Street Kings, Sabotage was fucking garbage though.

Any chances this gets an R rating, people?

Everything is lined up for it but the studio. I honestly don't know. Warner is going to want it to stay PG-13, but who knows, maybe they'll take a chance. It'll almost certainly get an Unrated Edition if it gets toned down, though.

It may end up depending on how Deadpool does, actually.

End of Watch and Fury were awesome. He's going to nail the team relationship aspect IMO

Corpsepyre

Banned
Everything is lined up for it but the studio. I honestly don't know. Warner is going to want it to stay PG-13, but who knows, maybe they'll take a chance. It'll almost certainly get an Unrated Edition if it gets toned down, though.

It may end up depending on how Deadpool does, actually.

I really wish Watchmen had been successful at the box office. Could have led to more R rated superhero adaptations. Warner really bailed out on those after Watchmen's failure.

Ninjimbo

I like Fury and End of Watch which were his last two movies so I'm going to say he's on an upswing (as if that means anything :p). Seriously, the visual style of Fury makes me think he was a nice choice to helm an SS movie. He knows how to do direct an action scene and he is not scared to muck it up with gore if the situation calls for it. Seeing as how SS can get pretty violent, I think he's up for it.

I also liked the chemistry of the cast in Fury which was something End of Watch had as well. I'm expecting to get some memorable performances from the cast in SS. That should be a safe bet.

Any chances this gets an R rating, people?

Nope.

If it's tying into the greater cinematic universe, they're gonna want everything to be watchable by all audiences. A superhero/supervillain movie that reintroduces the Joker, introduces Harley Quinn, with a cameo from Batman, starring Will Smith - they're not letting that go out as an R.

Nope.

If it's tying into the greater cinematic universe, they're gonna want everything to be watchable by all audiences. A superhero/supervillain movie that reintroduces the Joker, introduces Harley Quinn, with a cameo from Batman, starring Will Smith - they're not letting that go out as an R.

The thing is... they don't seem to be riding the connected aspect nearly as much. They don't have a Kevin Feige analogue handing down those sort of decrees from on high, and things seem to be much more director-controlled (though obviously it's too early to say for sure). For a villains-only movie, I could see them being willing to dial it up a notch.

DaveH

Still no ID on her gun ? My bet on a Rhino DS. 4" barrel length. Cutsom white grip.
Why?

The Rhino confuses non-gun enthusiasts into believing it's some sort of science-fiction weapon with its abnormal barrel axis and angular body- the cylinders are finished hexagonally instead of round or round-and-fluted, the barrel shroud is oversized to maintain the lines of the gun and compatibility with normal sights. Something like that would likely be in a kydex holster and she'd be using hexagonal speed-loaders to match.

I think an old-school revolver, but with a full barrel shroud to exaggerate its power, is enough to convey the revolver mystique without being overly exotic or modern, which is why it's in a leather holster and she's using "old fashioned" speed loaders. If the holster was more form fitting I wouldn't even suggest the shroud.

Shaanyboi

Banned
wow @ harley. i love how they're keeping joker so under wraps though. i don't want to be spoiled by him in setpics.

I think it's more to do with Joker not having had any big outdoor setpiece scenes (atleast yet). Wouldn't be surprised if he spent most of his time in a cell until the last act.

Top Bottom