• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide : Squad; Kill The Justice League | Review Thread

Draugoth

Gold Member
Suicide-Squad-Kill-the-justice-League-key-art.jpg

OT Thread

Q: When Does Suicide Review Embargo Lifts?
Because of poor previews, Warnmer Bros. did not sendreview codes to outlets​

Game Information​

Game Title: Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League

Platforms:
  • PC (Feb 2, 2024)
  • PlayStation 5 (Feb 2, 2024)
  • Xbox Series X/S (Feb 2, 2024)
Trailers:
Developer: Rocksteady Studios

Publisher: Warner Bros. Games

Written Reviews:

OpenCritic: 60/100 - 26% Recommended Based on 11 Reviews

BU3Hk5j.png

MetaCritic 61/100 - Based on 7 Reviews:

E99VzeK.png

Areajugones - Ramón Gutiérrez - Spanish - 4 / 10
Is this the same Rocksteady Studios that made the legendary Batman: Arkham? Honestly, I don't know, but the game doesn't fulfill in hardly any of its various sections, being an adventure that I would only recommend if you decide to buy it at a price well below what it is currently at.
XboxEra - Jesse Norris - 8.2 / 10
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League has overcome a rough pre-launch time after multiple delays. While the objectives can feel repetitive the excellent gameplay never does. This review will be out of date after a month or two because this is a live-service assed live-service game. For fans of Destiny, The Division, and all the loot-focused games-as-a-service titles, this is a damned good one at launch. We'll see if they can continue to grow and improve it over time.
Keengamer - 5.5/10.0
The game leaves a lot to be desired. At first glace, the combat seems interesting but ultimately falls flat due to the repetitive nature of the missions and combat encounters. The dialogue and cutscenes are excellently produced, however, the same cannot be said about the boss fights and ending of the game. Not being able to play the game offline even when solo feels like a slap in the face but it can be forgiven. Ultimately, the game can be enjoyed by some DC fans looking for some quick, chaotic fun, yet a lot of die-hard comic book fans will be quick to criticize certain aspects of comic accuracy and character development. The hefty price tag is definitely unjustified and doesn't feel fully worth it.
Games.cz - 5.0/1.0
Beneath the entertaining action and well-performed characters lies an average looter shooter in which you repeat about five activities endlessly. Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League could have worked as a short action spin-off of the Arkham series. However, as a game you'd return to regularly, it completely falls short.
ArenaJuegos - 4.0/10.0
Is this the same Rocksteady Studios that once made the iconic Batman: Arkham games? Honestly I'm not really sure anymore, with the game falling short in almost every conceivable aspect. The only way to actually recommend it is if you manage to buy it at a much lower price tag than the one from the original release.
VGC - 4.0/5.0
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is a visually stunning anti-hero romp that's fun to play, even if the things you're actually doing are somewhat repetitive. Rocksteady's Arkhamverse comes to a close in style, without fully succumbing to the live-service demons.
PushSquare - 70/100
Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League is a complicated game. It's tough not to think about what could have been if Rocksteady opted for another traditional single player title — especially since the split personalities at this game's heart stop it from reaching the heights of the developer's previous works. That said, despite all of our complaints, we can't deny that the game's fun. The story lacks the payoff but remains engaging throughout, the traversal-tinged combat is genuinely fantastic, it’s a blast to play with friends, it’s one of the best looking games on PS5, it runs like an absolute dream, and, as far as live-service games go, it’s shaping up to be a meaty and generous offering. There is a bittersweet feeling surrounding Suicide Squad, and that sentiment will remain for a lot of players, but it's hard to say that Rocksteady entirely missed the mark with this big gamble.

Video Reviews:

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Whatever the actual feeling of them, not letting those reviwers getting review codes will clearly impact on the score(or at least made them pretty mad). Not that it matters for the game itself.
Its such a shame to see Rocksteady wasting so much time on this while trying to falsely remind people that this game is from the same creators and is still Arkhan at it's core.

kyussman

The fact these devs had the gall to invoke the original trilogy of games while talking about this trainwreck,same DNA,lol.......yea,well chimps and humans share 99% DNA but you wouldn't find me fucking one.Hope it gets what it deserves.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
I saw some videos online, and humored me. I will not get at launch obviously but if it's not broken, I will give a try when it's like $5.

Astral Dog

What a waste of an once great developer

Rocksteady should try to build a new ip with their talents, no more license

At least i would like to see that rather than whatever they are doing with SS

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Ah yes! Arena Jeugos. Where I get all my gaming info from. A name we all know and trust.

Lmfao.

For a game IGN said is 9 hours, where are the big names reviews at?

MiguelItUp

Ah yes! Arena Jeugos. Where I get all my gaming info from. A name we all know and trust.

Lmfao.

For a game IGN said is 9 hours, where are the big names reviews at?
People that are sworn to believe outlet opinions before believing their own have already made up their mind with all of the "negatives" that have been thrown around. Regardless if they were interested in checking it out or not. So much so that any bad review will work at this point, anything not negative or semi-positive is "paid off."

This goes for any game that's gone down this path, not just this one.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
AreaJugones gives the extremely polished Suicide Squad a 4/10.

Last year they gave the unfinished trainwreck of Redfall a 7.5/10.

Honestly, they should be taken off Metacritic for their lack of editorial coherence between their various reviews.

Anyone who plays this game to the end, finishes those boss fights, see's their "conclusions" and rates this anything higher than a 4 is a fucking hack.
From what I've been reading, hearing, and seeing, the enemy design and A.I. are the biggest issues with this game. There are very few enemy types in the world, their A.I. is bad, and the bosses have very simple and repetitive patterns during their fights.

It's a situation where the character gameplay designers carried, but even they couldn't carry with whatever the enemy designers were doing. There was a dev interview on youtube recently that soft confirmed that these were two different teams.

It's why some people are saying the gameplay feels fast, fluid, and smooth but you have this entire kit of moves and guns just to blast barely-moving purple guys who do the same 3-4 moves.

MiguelItUp

All we can do now is hope Rocksteady survives this to move onto games people actually want.
I bet you if they were to survive, and they did, people would still find things to complain about. Because much like DICE, a lot of that core team has moved on since Suicide Squad's development. So if they were to try and make an Arkham game, or a spin-off, there's no guarantee it would meet people's expectations. It's probably why they decided to do something "different" in the first place. Unless they were just tired of being an Arkham machine, especially after Knights rocky launch reception on PC. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

I don't need scores to see that this game looks horrible.

Just look at its UI, the damage numbers, shoot the weak points and the typical boring zone defend mechanics so many of these uninispired co-op games seem to go for. It obviously tries to appeal to Fortnite gamers or something, as if they care about Suicide Squad.

LordCBH

Maybe it will be something that is a good pickup at deep discount down the road. Avengers wasn't so bad for $5.

When it’s cheap enough, you can find something fun in almost anything. Gotham Knights was shit, but for the $8 I spent on it I thought it was ok. Would’ve been insulted as fuck had I spent anything more than $15 on it though.

What a waste of an once great developer

Rocksteady should try to build a new ip with their talents, no more license

At least i would like to see that rather than whatever they are doing with SS
How can they. They are owned by Warnerbros which stated all gaas all the time. Even Mortal Kombat is not safe. They want to court the fortnite kids, but they are busy with fortnite. Shit they probably don't even know who suicide squad is. Don't understand how they can not make single player games for people like myself who will buy them. Oh well, it was a good run, 4 batman games will have to do.

I bet you if they were to survive, and they did, people would still find things to complain about. Because much like DICE, a lot of that core team has moved on since Suicide Squad's development. So if they were to try and make an Arkham game, or a spin-off, there's no guarantee it would meet people's expectations. It's probably why they decided to do something "different" in the first place. Unless they were just tired of being an Arkham machine, especially after Knights rocky launch reception on PC. 🤷‍♂️
Arkham would become gaas, as mandated by Warner's Ceo. Only way for that to stop is for games like this to fail and fail often.

Also Arkham knight was great on console, and sold tons, so I doubt that rocky pc launch is too much to worry about.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
All we can do now is hope Rocksteady survives this to move onto games people actually want.

Dude Sefton HIll and Jamie Walker are long gone. They might as well have been the Dr's from BioWare. The Rocksteady you want just isnt there anymore. Forget it.

Hill and Walker already started a new studio. Id start paying attention to that if you long for that old Rocksteady goodness.

Last edited:

Freeman76

How can they. They are owned by Warnerbros which stated all gaas all the time. Even Mortal Kombat is not safe. They want to court the fortnite kids, but they are busy with fortnite. Shit they probably don't even know who suicide squad is. Don't understand how they can not make single player games for people like myself who will buy them. Oh well, it was a good run, 4 batman games will have to do.
Same ppl that own the rights to Hogwarts Legacy, a game that shipped complete, with no MTX and no Season Pass.

MiguelItUp

Arkham would become gaas, as mandated by Warner's Ceo. Only way for that to stop is for games like this to fail and fail often.

Also Arkham knight was great on console, and sold tons, so I doubt that rocky pc launch is too much to worry about.
I don't think you remember how much attention the horrid PC launch got.

There is no saving this game. A mountain's worth of mediocre to positive reviews--paid or genuine--simply cannot undo the unmitigated disaster that was this game's big "hands-on reveal" at the State Of Play last winter. It was 15 minutes of pure, unadulterated cringe, utterly murdering any hype whatsoever that the gaming community had for this title.

There has been nothing, not one thing, shown between that SOP and the game's launch to bring any but the most gullible or dangerously optimistic, reality denying fans back into the fold.

Rocksteady would have been better off just placing physical copies of all six Batman: Arkham titles on a stage and having their senior staff come out one-by-one, drop their pants, shit on them, give two big thumbs up, and waddle off with fecal matter still falling from their backsides.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League. February 2nd. Get hyped!

At least then they would get points for being honest with the public about what they were doing.

This game will spiral ever downward, while a tiny minority try to hold it up as a great title to delude themselves into thinking everything is going to be okay. It's not. We all lost something great and mourning that fact through our anger is part of the grief process.

Top Bottom