• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League - Suicide Squad Insider Episode 3 “Introducing Elseworlds”

Luipadre

Also they revealed the year 1 content. Tbh it looks pretty great, but i fucking hate the new Joker design and VA, but he looks sick to play

GEdz44Za4AAiPZ3

Last edited:

Ristifer

Doesn't this game still technically take place within the Arkhamverse? Why would Joker even be in this at all? Or am I just missing something?

Mr.ODST

"Experience nobody has ever had before" before the game is DOA

To be fair the Joker looks like a cool playable character

nbkicker

hmmm Harley with yeah right when opening locker to show outfit from Arkham past games, then appears in a fully covered up outfit, then through out the different custom outfits shown didn’t see her in the old Arkham one, rocksteady you really sold me on this, in the words of Harley ‘Yeah right !”, seriously can’t see this getting content after the first yr

Last edited:

nbkicker

Redfall was suppose to get content after launch wheres that at, similar here if it doesn’t sell they arnt gonna keep spending resources and money on this

Luipadre

Redfall was suppose to get content after launch wheres that at, similar here if it doesn’t sell they arnt gonna keep spending resources and money on this

This will sell a lot better than some people think. Also wheather you like it or not his game is much higher quality than redfall ever was

Last edited:

Katajx

Gold Member
I’ll pick it up when Joker comes out. I’m glad they revealed that before the game comes out, and if nothing else you would think it would generate some interest.

I’m willing to give this new Joker a chance, and it looks more interesting to me than the interpretations of the other characters so far.

Seasons.. gross, couldn't they just, you know, put all that time into making a good single player story mode or something, then start talking about seasons and post-release support if it's a success. How many big GaaS titles have come out promising future content, only to be dead on arrival and then slop out whatever they promised for the deluxe edition out of obligation before calling it a day.

Dazraell

This will sell a lot better than some people think.
Eh, I don't know man

The negative buzz behind this game, oversaturation with GAAS games, rather weak premise and very crowded release schedule for February doesn't really help its case. With these games you need much larger playerbase to keep it sustainable for a longer period of time. I'm really struggling to see it succeeding and lasting for longer. Suicide Squad has the same signs as Avengers had written on it. I expect it lasting for these 3-4 seasons and main campaign will probably be okay (although I already seen some creative choices there that are baffling to say the least), but I think we can safely brace ourselves for a lukewarm launch

I really want to be positive about it, but the more I see about it, I only notice even more red flags

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Damn, it's like they're running characters on purpose. First Ivy, now Joker. Also Joker's suit makes it look like the game has antialiasing turned off.

Last edited:
I'm da Joker, baby!

"Damaged"

I hope Rocksteady can survive this. Their founders saw the writing on the wall and jumped ship.
They're probably toast, it's just too bad they didn't get at least one more good DC game out after Knight, but if it's not even surprising given the way things have played out since 2015.

FeralEcho

Man...just took a glance at the comments on that video...People are mentally retarded I swear.Some guy with top comment is comparing the seasons of this to Arkham Knight's season pass which consisted of costumes and challenge rooms and episodes with the exception of Season of Infamy which had nothing to do with the main game(which was a complete experience.People don't seem to understand that when gamers complain about gaas they don't mean the actual service of it but the fact that everything is built around it....the problem is not that this game will be constantly evolving, that's fine but the issue is the very core of it is a style of game that's created to keep you coming back which means there won't ever be a conclusion,which is why all we've seen of this and many other GAAS games is countless wave based encounters with fodder enemies that have no unique characteristics outside of some being blue,others red,with slight variation in their elemental weaknesses or whatever,reminds me of Anthem(another masterpiece of design influenced by gaas).Its the most basic game design there is and for anyone with more than 2 brain cells it will get old fast.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I will say the woman talking about their version of joker should not be near this license ever.

That said he looks so sick to play.

Pre ordered the deluxe edition. My body is ready.

Salz01

The more they show the worse it looks. The DLC just seems like repainted shooting arenas. No wonder why it’s free.

MiguelItUp

Damn, it's like they're running characters on purpose. First Ivy, now Joker. Also Joker's suit makes it look like the game has antialiasing turned off.
Yeah, I mean, they could've done things differently for sure. I think Ivy dying and essentially resurrecting as a child doesn't sound too off though. Joker died too, so I guess really going after a "very different" Joker from another universe makes sense as well. But he could've definitely looked or been a bit different, lol. I feel like it could've been better, but it could've been worse too.

xrnzaaas

Yeah, I mean, they could've done things differently for sure. I think Ivy dying and essentially resurrecting as a child doesn't sound too off though. Joker died too, so I guess really going after a "very different" Joker from another universe makes sense as well. But he could've definitely looked or been a bit different, lol. I feel like it could've been better, but it could've been worse too.
I don't mind Ivy being a resurrected child or whatever, but she could've looked less ugly. I remember there was a child version of Ivy playing in the Gotham tv show, wouldn't mind if they picked a similar looking girl as base for the model.

Same with the style of "this" Joker. It's just a disgusting aesthetic.

Flabagast

This will sell a lot better than some people think. Also wheather you like it or not his game is much higher quality than redfall ever was
Not sure, Avengers was a bomb with a much stronger IP attached (and arguably game that seemed better in pre release marketing).

I hope that it bombs, in order for Rocksteady to go back to more substantial productions.

Last edited:

poodaddy

Every time I see anything of this game I'm just amazed at how awful it looks.

Are they not aware of how badly this went for Marvel with the Avengers? Do we not try to learn from history anymore?

That Joker design is fucking horrendous by the way.

II_JumPeR_I

Will check it out when it launches into Gamepass.
The Alpha was boring and mediocre.

Cant stand games showing shit it should launch with and calling it Season 1...and its not even out yet.

Top Bottom