• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

The Devil is a Part-Timer! (1-2)

yg5QOEO.gif

This anime is great. There seems to be a strong focus on character interactions and situational humor rather than a coherent plot, which i'm totally all about. I can't wait to see more.

Oh Maou-sama...when will you return?

Oh yes, they did.
I think the most tasty moment was
the massacre of the students.
People were screaming.

It was what's her name that ruined Season 2. I'm not even going to look up that piece of shit's name.
She even gets a shitty happy ending in the end!

Jarmel

Banned
Can somebody cite a well animated(fluid) action sequence that is poorly directed? Want to look at it for critique purposes.

Link Man

Banned
Clannad After Story 2

Girl, robot, and now...rams?

The framerate for this CG is a bit distracting.

ibvQzPPDWjhSTd.jpg

Well, I very nearly felt sorry for Sunohara, until
he said he wanted to force Ryou

Hmm, guess Kotomi's violin troubles aren't related to past trauma, like I hypothesized. That's a bit disappointing.

wat

No seriously, what?

lol, Okazaki's playing him like a fiddle. And this animation is starting to get a bit more stylized, adding to the humor.

Oh my god, I'm already imagining the punchline.
And by that, I mean Akio punching Sunohara, of course.

Oh hey, we just had that image in this very thread!

I imagine there's a ton of fanfiction expanding on this. Okay, maybe not a ton, this is Sunohara, after all.

iJJuUgiqWvz4a.jpg

I lost it here.

Can somebody cite a well animated(fluid) action sequence that is poorly directed? Want to look at it for critique purposes.
I imagine one could be easily found in any of the long running shounen series.

Edit: If really want fluid and it doesn't have to be anime maybe look at some Disney action sequences? If 7th were still around he would probably post something from Avatar: The Last Airbender or The Legend of Korra. Heh.

Chariot

I am noz home right now so it's difficult to confirm, but could SAO be of any help. It's been a while, but I always thought that it was relatively good looking, but the action was pretty lame.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Typical Miki fan logic: "if you insult my favourite idol I'll kill you". Tsk tsk.

Other idol fans on the other hand simply smile because one can only be correct if someone else is wrong. Basically we're grateful Miki fans exist so this can be true.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Typical Miki fan logic: "if you insult my favourite idol I'll kill you". Tsk tsk.

Other idol fans on the other hand simply smile because one can only be correct if someone else is wrong. Basically we're grateful Miki fans exist so this can be true.

It betrays a deep insecurity about their choice.

Quasar

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...t-anti-animemanga-piracy-operation-next-month

In cooperation with 15 major anime production companies and manga publishers, the Japanese government will next month start a huge extermination operation against 580 foreign sites which have illegally uploaded anime and manga contents on the web without the copyright holders' permission, NHK reported on July 28. While the government has started supporting the genre as one of their important cultural exports, there appears to be no end of illegal uploading of anime and manga via pirate sites, mainly operated by Chinese. The Cultural Affairs Agency estimates the loss caused by the Chinese pirate sites last year was amounted to at least 560 billion yen (about US$ 5.5 billion).

On August 1, the government will start simultaneously sending requests to delete illegal anime and manga contents to the operators of the 580 foreign pirate sites which they have found. In addition, the operation will launch a new site to guide the fans to a legitimate site offering some 250 titles including the latest ones at a cost of several hundred yen.

Wonder what if any impact this will have on the fansub/scanlation/fan translation communities.

It betrays a deep insecurity about their choice.
But Miki is flawless and I'll kindly ask that you not spread lies about her and her fans.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Miki thinks dying her hair blonde and having it long is better than the short brunette look.

Pretty big flaw there.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...t-anti-animemanga-piracy-operation-next-month

Wonder what if any impact this will have on the fansub/scanlation/fan translation communities.
In addition, the operation will launch a new site to guide the fans to a legitimate site offering some 250 titles including the latest ones at a cost of several hundred yen.
This is intriguing. If there are good deals I imagine they will be locked to China. Though "several hundred yen" could be the price per episode.

Quasar

This is intriguing.

Which is a drop in the bucket compared to the contents of any manga aggregator. And I wonder if that supposed site is Japan or China focused or western focused. I assume the former. I would have thought otherwise news of it would have been spread for a long time given all the deals needed.

Even if it was anime only theres like 40 shows a season so 250 is a tiny amount. Makes me wonder how many shows CR has on its service.

Damn Mahouka v1 sold over 10k,who the fuck buying this?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1235581
Blu-ray
*1. 41,865 41,865 Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Vol.2 Limited Special Edition
*2. 35,909 35,909 Girls und Panzer: Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen desu!
*3. 31,762 31,762 Monogatari Series: Second Season Koimonogatari Vol.2 Hitagi End Part 2 Limited Edition
*4. 10,842 10,842 Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Border:3 Ghost Tears
*5. *8,145 *8,145 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Vol.1 Limited Edition
*6. *7,840 *7,840 Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka? Vol.2 Limited Edition
*7. *6,590 *6,590 Sidonia no Kishi Vol.3 Limited Edition
*8. *6,373 *6,373 Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Vol.7
*9. *4,234 *4,234 Date A Live II Vol.2
10. *3,758 *3,758 Precure All Stars New Stage 3: Eien no Tomodachi Special Edition
11. *3,619 *3,619 Mekakucity Actors Vol.3 Limited Edition
12. *3,606 *3,606 Witch Craft Works Vol.5
13. *3,562 *3,562 Nisekoi Vol.5 Limited Edition
14. *3,303 *3,303 Mushishi Zoku Shou Vol.1 Limited Edition
15. *2,807 *2,807 Nagi no Asukara Vol.8 Limited Edition
(cut-off 2,807)

DVD
*1. 12,816 *12,816 One Piece Log Collection "Impel Down" (eps.422-441)
*2. 12,695 *12,695 One Piece Log Collection "Magellan" (eps.442-458)
*3. *6,452 **6,452 Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Vol.7
*4. *4,628 109,197 Kaze Tachinu
*5. *4,309 **4,309 Precure All Stars New Stage 3: Eien no Tomodachi
*6. *3,769 **3,769 Monogatari Series: Second Season Koimonogatari Vol.2 Hitagi End Part 2 Limited Edition
*7. *3,367 **3,367 Hunter x Hunter: The Last Mission
*8. *2,888 **2,888 Mekakucity Actors Vol.3 Limited Edition
*9. *2,828 **2,828 Girls und Panzer: Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen desu!
10. *2,494 **2,494 Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Border:3 Ghost Tears
11. *2,167 **2,167 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Vol.1 Limited Edition
12. *1,828 *14,343 Haikyuu!! Vol.1
13. *1,693 **4,432 Tonari no Totoro HD-Remaster
14. *1,302 **1,302 Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka? Vol.2 Limited Edition
15. *1,018 **1,018 Nisekoi Vol.5 Limited Edition
16. **,924 ***,924 Date A Live Vol.2 Limited Edition
17. **,878 ***,878 Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Vol.7 Limited Edition
18. **,825 ***,825 Mushishi Zoku Shou Vol.1 Limited Edition
19. **,631 **1,519 Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi HD-Remaster
20. **,598 ***,598 Hamatora The Animation Vol.3 Limited Edition
21. **,542 **1,517 Majo no Takkyuubin HD-Remaster
22. **,536 **1,654 Mononoke Hime HD-Remaster
23. **,529 *57,113 Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Vol.7 Limited Edition
24. **,522 **7,271 Initial D Final Stage Vol.2
25. **,504 ***,504 Gundam Build Fighters Vol.8
26. **,501 *17,133 Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: The Movie Regular Edition
(cut-off 501)
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1235581#C7eh6zudtw6eZhC6.99

phaze

Gankutsuo 6-7

Man I thought that Monte Cristo was the only one to have run in with Morcerf but Haidee apparently knows him too. Thought she was just someone he met during his transformation.

I'm loving the music and the French naration during the recaps, gets you right into mood.

Gankutsuo is a master skirt chaser and troll. Those poor aristocratic pigs stand no chance.

BluWacky

Random bit of backlog:

Nanana's Buried Treasure 3

Having not watched this for months I couldn't remember why I'd intended on watching more of it. Turns out it's because of the "ruins" sequences and probably partly because of Tensai, who is more entertaining than I remember her being (or maybe judged her as being, given her character design and the kind of show this is?).

Yes, the ruins sequences have lots of CG in, but it's relegated to background stuff and in service of a vaguely entertaining idea (here, the "ruin" is a giant crystalline spiderweb, where individual sections break as you walk over them and get refilled by a mechanical spider as you pass.) While there wasn't much in the way of actual tension in the relevant sequence (you know they'll get the treasure!) it was more entertaining than I'd expected. Furthermore, I'd expected the sequence where Tensai and Juugo are trapped in the second half of the episode to devolve into stupid anime comedy with breast grabbing etc. but it was surprisingly restrained.

The show seems to be at its best when it ignores Nanana and her pudding/Playstation habits, which appear to hold little interest save nerdiness.

Dynedom

I've never watched iM@s but it seems my Puchimasu rankings don't translate well to iM@s rankings.

With maybe the exception of Makoto being top tier?

Thoraxes

So many right people who have good opinions in this thread!

Is Monogatari still being released? Season 2 was ages ago!

At two volumes per girl with 2 episodes per release and only one volume a month? Yes.

Only Koimonogatari is getting 3 episodes per release, and the last volume of that (Monogatari S2 sans Hanamonogatari) finally came out last week.

Then Hana will roll around and the same with Kizu.

Thoraxes

Captain Earth - 17

The episode was okay, but they really should've stopped with the
Earth faction fighting garbage. Nobody gives a shit about Salty Dog and they aren't even that interesting.

The preview for the next episode looks like a huge regression as far as pacing goes, which sucks because it was finally starting to look like things were looking up for this show. So grooooaaaaan.

fertygo

Captain Earth - 17

The episode was okay, but they really should've stopped with the
Earth faction fighting garbage. Nobody gives a shit about Salty Dog and they aren't even that interesting.

The preview for the next episode looks like a huge regression as far as pacing goes, which sucks because it was finally starting to look like things were looking up for this show. So grooooaaaaan.
At least we gonna seeing ground fight again, which is far better than all space shit that this show attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom