• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, to be fair, it was pretty impossible to top. I'm just sad we never got an S2 to explore the future nonsense stuff.

Samurai Flamenco's crazy was able to top Valvrave's crazy. The question is whether that'll be topped someday.

Also Jexhius, you'll be happy to know that I made a watchbet with Hito. He's watching Black Jack in exchange for me watching Doremi.

You're scaring off potential love interests by having to like KEY psycho. You're doomed to be a cat lady.

;_;

I am allergic to cats..... so........

I havent seen Little busters yet.
wafuu!

Not the best Key work (that belongs to Clannad After Story) but it's still pretty good. I think you would like it purely for Rin and Kudo.

Death Note some looks out of place in that list, since Light isn't in school anymore (university is a step up, yes). But your list looks reasonable. Try to find someone who would agree fully with the Chariot:

- Clannad ~ After Story
- Bokurano
- Ghost in the Shell Series
- Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
- Monogatari Series
- Black Lagoon Series
- Gurren Lagann

Yeah but I like psychological thrillers. I started Monster but I haven't gotten back to it yet. I want to so I can finish it.

Gah! I forgot about FMA. That is a must too. Add to my list. (Like I said the list was entirely off the top of my head)

Jex

Samurai Flamenco's crazy was able to top Valvrave's crazy. The question is whether that'll be topped someday.

Also Jexhius, you'll be happy to know that I made a watchbet with Hito. He's watching Black Jack in exchange for me watching Doremi.

Well SlamFlam isn't tied to one genre. Which reminds me, firehawk12 (moar like failhawk am i rite?) hasn't even watched SamFlam. What a poster.

RE: Watchbet, it seems like you're winning that exchange. BlackJack is a solid show, but I don't know it it's really that much to write home about.

cajunator

Banned
;_;

I am allergic to cats..... so........

Not the best Key work (that belongs to Clannad After Story) but it's still pretty good. I think you would like it purely for Rin and Kudo.

Yeah but I like psychological thrillers. I started Monster but I haven't gotten back to it yet. I want to so I can finish it.

Gah! I forgot about FMA. That is a must too. Add to my list. (Like I said the list was entirely off the top of my head)

Seeing as I like everything else on your list its likely.
what does it have to do with baseball?

Love Lab 4
Someone is actually putting their love research to good research. Kind of surprised that the treasurer has a boyfriend. Funny how she was teasing Riko since she is the only one to realize that Riko is putting up a big farce

Seeing as I like everything else on your list its likely.
what does it have to do with baseball?

Yay! Cajun-senpai and I are highly compatible!! ^_^

And EVERYTHING!!!!............ Not really. It's the initial setup for the plot but it honestly has almost nothing to do with how the plot progresses. It's mostly a way for all the characters to meet up and be able to communicate with each other as a group while they do something.

I would be super interested to see your impressions of the show.

I tried watching blackjack. Hito if you can get past the more cartoony annoying characters such as the main little girl and her annoying voice as she says "shenshei" 24/7 then you'll be in the clear.

I tried and failed.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I tried watching blackjack. Hito if you can get past the more cartoony annoying characters such as the main little girl and her annoying voice as she says "shenshei" 24/7 then you'll be in the clear.

I tried and failed.
Well, we all know you have a weak constitution for such things.

mankoto

Kingdom 21
#TeamInstincts is coming through. It's now down to a 1v1 between two of them. These next few blows will decide who wins this battle

Narag

The mahou shoujo mafia leans on yet another.

cajunator

Banned
Yay! Cajun-senpai and I are highly compatible!! ^_^

And EVERYTHING!!!!............ Not really. It's the initial setup for the plot but it honestly has almost nothing to do with how the plot progresses. It's mostly a way for all the characters to meet up and be able to communicate with each other as a group while they do something.

I would be super interested to see your impressions of the show.

Well I actually own all the shows you listed that are licensed so yeah Id say our tastes are compatible.

Chariot

Ah, my brain. Playing a game, while watching anime and occasionally look at twitter and GAF is just too much. It's like the one time I tried to watch to anime at the same time.

GTO 02

jmDbUVWqBaNk5.png

Oh my god, it's reverse Shinji
Fun episode. It's really nice that good deeds get rewarded. It could be a problem related to harem and tsunderes, but I have the feeling that good deeds in recent anime don't get rewarded as much, as they should be, since someone has to devalue the heroes actions because of hahafunny.

Our offspring would be some kind of dog and cat hybrid. A dogcat? Or...
No, no D:
I think your baby will be a beautiful human.

Make a proper one with top 3 or something.

Samurai Flamenco's crazy was fun crazy though, Valrace's was like "They're totally serious..." in a not funny way.

So what's the best way to make an anime list? MAL or is there a better alternative. I remember there being something else, not sure what it's called though.

So what's the best way to make an anime list? MAL or is there a better alternative. I remember there being something else, not sure what it's called though.

I thought MAL is the fastest loading due to how basic its list style is. Personally its my favorite due to tags, easy to use nature, simple loading and a few more details.

Hummingbird has too much stuff going on and focuses so much on style that it always felt so slow loading, though its crunchyroll extension to autodetect was its best part.

Theres also anime-planet but theres virtually no community presence there and their quite slow on updating to know when an episode is aired.

Chariot

Man I can't wait for CureVylash to watch Kimi no iru Machi :)
What is this

*googles*

Ooooooh.
Top 3? How can whittle down to only three? I like so many. Plus my top three is mostly Key shows and #3 being either FMA or Death Note.
Haha, make a bigger list then. If I can brain properly again, I will too.
Guess I'll do this then since I've got all three suggestions.

Those anime list websites must be a thriving business it appears.
Haha yes, people love doing lists.

Clov

MAL loads the fastest, but I kept having issues where my total watched time would be slow to update, sometimes updating a week afterwards. That's why I use Hummingbird now; the site itself is slower, but my total time is updated instantly.

Chariot

MAL loads the fastest, but I kept having issues where my total watched time would be slow to update, sometimes updating a week afterwards. That's why I use Hummingbird now; the site itself is slower, but my total time is updated instantly.
MAL also has the habit of being a hacking target, so they implement a lot of sometimes dumb security measures. I for one can't change my list design and get logged out everytime my browser session ends, thanks to that.

But to be fair, it got better in the last months.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Doesn't Hummingbird let you list a lot more than five, though? I have a bunch of favorites listed on my page, for example.
Yep, I have nine on my page at the moment.

Though HB seems to be a bit dead at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom