• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokoi

Banned
Nozaki-kun 4

Really good episode, and this show just keeps getting better. It was nice seeing Mikorin getting a lot of focus. The friendship between Nozaki & Mikorin is great. That all nighter they pulled was hilarious, and they gave Tomoda the route he deserved! Tomoda shall forever be remember as the greatest support character in the history of visual novels. Overall the gags were great providing a bunch of good laughs. Chiyo's VA is really nailing her role. Actually everybody is doing a fine job.

14784363463_394d3cd167_b.jpg

Mikorin is definitely my favorite character this season now. Who won't settle for anything, but the harem route.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
It's List Time!

strap_in_by_jadedtwin-d5t7xou.gif

Yami 9

DSHDSHDSHDSHDSHDSHDSHDSHDSHDSHDSHDSH are they sexy robot ninja ladies now? At least the giggling has stopped.

I SPOKE TO SOON IT'S BACK

This some generic as fuck 90's music, overrun with orchestra hits galore.

Man for having such a long, conservative uniform, they really like to try to give Hadzuki's body as much exposure as possible.

A COMB A COMB A MOTHERFUCKING COMB

Oh hey it's you again. Who are you again?
Aya? No seriously, who the fuck are you and why do I care.

OH GOD THE DRAMATIC POSES AGAIN JESUS

<highpitchedvoice>NANI?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!</highpitchedvoice>

Wait I thought Lilith didn't play for that team (but we all know what team Gargantua plays for *wink wink*)

What an outfit

Wait? Yami? Who's Yami?

lol this is the greatest backstory ever.

what a split episode

School Days 8

oh boy here we go again

you're talking out your ass

what a spineless coward

shit is getting real and you're still thinking with your dick? YOU THINK THIS IS OKAY

NO FUCK YOU KID

YOU FUCKING MORON

Yes, yes you are the worst, you scumbag.

WHAT KIND OF FUCKING SCHOOL IS THIS

Quit trying to paint this fucker in a positive light

SETSUNA NO FUCK STOP STOP STOP NO WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING

I+was+out+with+some+of+my+friends+tonight+at+_7715595cf1021cc3ec90534e3b040061.jpg

760605.gif

cajunator

Banned
It's List Time!

strap_in_by_jadedtwin-d5t7xou.gif

Yami 9

DSHDSHDSHDSHDSHDSHDSHDSHDSHDSHDSHDSH are they sexy robot ninja ladies now? At least the giggling has stopped.

I SPOKE TO SOON IT'S BACK

This some generic as fuck 90's music, overrun with orchestra hits galore.

Man for having such a long, conservative uniform, they really like to try to give Hadzuki's body as much exposure as possible.

A COMB A COMB A MOTHERFUCKING COMB

Oh hey it's you again. Who are you again?
Aya? No seriously, who the fuck are you and why do I care.

OH GOD THE DRAMATIC POSES AGAIN JESUS

<highpitchedvoice>NANI?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!</highpitchedvoice>

Wait I thought Lilith didn't play for that team (but we all know what team Gargantua plays for *wink wink*)

What an outfit

Wait? Yami? Who's Yami?

lol this is the greatest backstory ever.

what a split episode

School Days 8

oh boy here we go again

you're talking out your ass

what a spineless coward

shit is getting real and you're still thinking with your dick? YOU THINK THIS IS OKAY

NO FUCK YOU KID

YOU FUCKING MORON

Yes, yes you are the worst, you scumbag.

WHAT KIND OF FUCKING SCHOOL IS THIS

Quit trying to paint this fucker in a positive light

SETSUNA NO FUCK STOP STOP STOP NO WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING

I+was+out+with+some+of+my+friends+tonight+at+_7715595cf1021cc3ec90534e3b040061.jpg

760605.gif

This is why we watch anime folks. It is the challenge of overcoming the struggle. Of experiencing new and exciting things and sharing with others our misery and triumph.

Link Man

Banned
Nozaki-kun 4

And Sakura has squeeed. This show is great.

Lol, love how he's over-analyzing a dating sim.

Nozaki-kun might be the only person who could take a harem, and
turn it into yaoi. Well, except for DTL, of course.

Loved this episode so much.

cajunator

Banned
Nozaki-kun 4

And Sakura has squeeed. This show is great.

Lol, love how he's over-analyzing a dating sim.

Nozaki-kun might be the only person who could take a harem, and
turn it into yaoi. Well, except for DTL, of course.

Loved this episode so much.

wait, she squees? Oh my heart.

It's okay. The fanbase surrounding it is all crazy.

They really are!

That's another anime I need to check out someday. Also yay new AnimeGAF OT! <3

You should post some stuff in K-On GAF when the time comes.

Elfen Lied 08

Seriously fuck this show. We get dialogue gems like the one above but then the sick fuckers who wrote this show decide to have children beat a dog to death to be edgy. Never have I finished an episode of anime where I have been so angry to what I had just witnessed. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Ah, yes. There's the reaction I was waiting for.

cajunator

Banned
For some reason I get the feeling you had more fun making this post than watching those shows.

Yami is a loooooot of fun. It makes no sense whatsoever but the viewer is very much enjoying the confusion.
Such is its power.
However it is stuck in eternal release date hell and that makes me sad. Dangling that carrot ;_;

Gurren Lagann - 17

So this turned out to be another anime with a timeskip. Simon seems to be the same except for less/no whining. Nia seems to have learned nothing over the past 7 years. Rossiu seems to be plotting something secretly as he apparently doesn't like the way things are being done. Yoko is gone and wasn't given an explanation on where she went; she will be back though.

Of course the millionth human is born and the Spiral King's warning wasn't a lie. The only one able to do anything against the Moon Monster was Simon, and that just ended up destroying the city. Nia is also taken over by the Moon Power, probably because she is the daughter of the Spiral King. The series has taken a big turn. Now instead of fighting for freedom, they are fighting for their lives.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
This is why we watch anime folks. It is the challenge of overcoming the struggle. Of experiencing new and exciting things and sharing with others our misery and triumph.

I don't even know why I watch. I'm a lost soul.

For some reason I get the feeling you had more fun making this post than watching those shows.

I don't know if I could push through these shows if I wasn't making posts about them.

mankoto

Yami is a loooooot of fun. It makes no sense whatsoever but the viewer is very much enjoying the confusion.
Such is its power.
However it is stuck in eternal release date hell and that makes me sad. Dangling that carrot ;_;
I'll certainly look into that.

I don't know if I could push through these shows if I wasn't making posts about them.
I don't know about Yami, but I can assure you School Days will be worth it when all is said and done.

cajunator

Banned
It's okay, senpai didn't notice when I responded to him with an Encouragement of Climb image in the last thread.

We all love you, Cajun.

Senpai notices all but may not necessarily respond to all.
I was asleep for the end of the last thread.

the corruption continues.

Are the OVAs and movies good?

I havent seen the movies but the series is wonderful happiness.

mankoto

Shounen Hollywood 4
Liked this one a bit more than the other ones. Kira is a little rough around the edges, but he's pretty okay.

Lurky

i just added whatever your avatar was to my list.

we just want senpai's attention and none of us are being tsundere.

I-i-i-i-i-it's not like I want senpai's attention too or anything! Who would like him anyway? Ecchi! Baka! Sukebei!

Mokoi

Banned
Locodol 1

Alright the first thing I noticed is that their mouths are weird. This side mouth creeps me out, and the lip synching seems to be off. Going to watch other shows to see if it's just my imagination. The MCs uncle is messed up. Tricking, and using his niece like that. Also I should of expected this show to have lewd fan-service shots here and there. Oh how ignorant I was. This is show boring, and yeah I don't see how anybody can find enjoyment in it. I was not left with the urge to watch anymore of this.

Quasar

Locodol 1

Alright the first thing I noticed is that their mouths are weird. This side mouth creeps me out, and the lip synching seems to be off. Going to watch other shows to see if it's just my imagination. The MCs uncle is messed up. Tricking, and using his niece like that. Also I should of expected this show to have lewd fan-service shots here and there. Oh how ignorant I was. This show boring, and yeah I don't see how anybody can find enjoyment in it. I was not left with the urge to watch anymore of this.

I somehow did. It seems like the first idol show that did not have me running screaming from the room. I think because I wonder about if this is really the kind of thing beginning regional wannabe idols have to do. Promoting little local businesses, singing for groups of schoolkids, performing at swimming pool openings etc.

Mokoi

Banned
I somehow did. It seems like the first idol show that did not have me running screaming from the room. I think because I wonder about if this is really the kind of thing beginning regional wannabe idols have to do. Promoting little local businesses, singing for groups of schoolkids, performing at swimming pool openings etc.

It's probably because I'm pretty tired that I wasn't able to deal with the kind of slow pacing it had. Will follow the 3 episode rule to see if I end up enjoying it.

Also lol does this show have yuri undertones? Glancing at the comments on crunchy seem to imply that.

cajunator

Banned
Oh yeah that is cheap, and I got some credit on my account too. Thanks for the heads up.

I should have Love Lab, Yuyushiki, and From The New world part 2 in 2 days.
So much good stuff on bluray now. But still several shows I want that are DVD only. I will stay strong and await bluray versions.

cajunator

Banned
I've never pre-ordered NISA stuff (bought a few series after their releases though!) so I have no idea if their shit ever ships early. I know i've gotten Sentai releases more than a month before their street dates though lol

From what Ive seen, Rightstuf just ships out whatever they have when they have it. Which is to say they probably havent gotten it in yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom