• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Kabaneri 7

82z6mZxl.png

Well, coming back to this particular ep after not having watched in a while sure is ... something.

Wanderer5

Man...if you want a way to fuck up a series from the manga and make people hate the series, you just have to look at Grantz. This last battle is becoming annoying to watch and watching the last episode of hearing Hajime talking stupid stuff to the point you want to beat the shit out of him so much. My god....what a 180 degree turn of the show from this.

The manga already kind of fucked up itself with its last arc anyway.:p

Narag

Guess Sakamoto is finishing tonight. I'd fallen off as I'd assumed the streaming would be delayed since the broadcast was.

Kabaneri finale

While by no means perfect, Kabaneri told it's story neatly and succinctly given it's 1 cour limitation. The characters were both sympathetic and believable in their actions and goals. The story never lingered too long on a single story thread that would go nowhere. It knew how to keep its tone in line by giving the angst scenes the proper gravity they needed.

Basically what I'm saying is what I said after episode one: Kabaneri is AoT but good.

e_i

CR has Gintama and will be releasing on DVD/Blu-ray with a English dub. So, GAF, get out your wallets and and get your bodies ready.

e_i

CR is on a goddamed rampage! Big Order, Yamada-Kun, Berserk, Twin Star Exorcists, Myriad Prism Colors. Attack on Train. All dubbed. All on Blu-ray.

My heart! My heart can't take this.

John Blade

DONE....man, the final battle scene is just painful to watch. So much bullshit from Hajime Muroto coming from his mouth to the point you want to kill him (which should have done when MC Kei have the chance). The final ending of this show is just weird. Did he die with the last survivor as he wasn't got kill? Why Grantz disappear when Kei was at the train track when the train basically go at him? Is it the end of the game and no survivor left? So many questions of this odd ending which in a way ruin the show quite a bit.

I would say this, season 2 kinda kill any hope of me liking the show. The 1st battle in season 2 make me depress when almost everyone is kill while 2nd battle make me want to end watching this show all together. It doesn't help the last battle rule have change in a way it doesn't make sense anymore.

I like the idea of Grantz story and I have a feeling the manga version is much more better for the most part till it get very weird and fuck up at the end from what I heard (heard the creator run out of idea and just literally take random idea and slap in on the wall to see it stick). The 1st season have enough stuff to get me interested and in a way if it stop there, it might get some more people to go look into the manga. Unfortunately, they is season 2 and if people did watch it, I have a feeling a lot of them will hate the show to the point they might not want to even consider to go read the manga as it's bad. Now, I can see why people hate the show and hope they never release a blu-ray of this TV series at all. For the new movie coming up, I might pass it now from this bad TV show. It does look interesting from the screenshot.

At the end, don't watch Season 2. Stick with the 1st season only and if you still interested, go read the manga.

ReLIFE Episode 11 – A Trip to the Past

Made me so angry, why is JPN business life usually portrayed like this. I hope IRL it isnt like this as Im about to job search and stuff.
how the boss even made her sound like some fallen warrior and using her to push his own agenda even knowing how they treated her, ugh, thats just awful

Favorite moment, also the ED song is really good.

ReLIFE 02-04

So here I am watching this. The show is actually quite good. Nothing amazing for sure but it can be pretty funny at times. It's nice seeing the main character sorta reforming himself.

Thoraxes

Shit that was announce or re-iterated that a release was happening today so far that i'm 100% buying:

Owarimonogatari Vol. 1 and 2 BD
Gundam Reconguista in G BD
Char's Counterattack BD
Yamada-kun and the 7 Witches BD
Myriad Colors Phantom World BD
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress BD
Martian Successor Nadesico BD
Revolutionary Girl Utena BD
Galaxy Angel BD
Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory BD
Gundam 0083: Afterglow of Zeon BD
Gundam F91 BD
Jojo Part 1 BD
Jojo Stardust Crusaders BD
Jojo Diamond is Unbreakable BD

Ripppppp

PS: where is Battle Tendency

John Blade

Shit that was announce or re-iterated that a release was happening today so far that i'm 100% buying:

Owarimonogatari Vol. 1 and 2 BD
Gundam Reconguista in G BD
Char's Counterattack BD
Yamada-kun and the 7 Witches BD
Myriad Colors Phantom World BD
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress BD
Martian Successor Nadesico BD
Revolutionary Girl Utena BD
Galaxy Angel BD
Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory BD
Gundam 0083: Afterglow of Zeon BD
Gundam F91 BD
Jojo Part 1 BD
Jojo Stardust Crusaders BD
Jojo Diamond is Unbreakable BD

Ripppppp

Those classic gundam show....I am trying to save some money here man...don't make me get broke by December for the RightStuff Christmas sale....

Shirobako 4

The dialogue has a lot of neat little touches that helps make the characters feel fleshed out and human, such as the feud over the office AC. Normally it's difficult to handle a large cast such as Shirobako's without making most of the cast one-note gimmicks (see Girls und Panzer), but in Shirobako just about everyone feels real. Even tiny side characters who only show up for a couple lines of dialogue in one scene, such as Zuka's boss at the bar she works at, feel like real people. It's impressive.

Quasar

CR is on a goddamed rampage! Big Order, Yamada-Kun, Berserk, Twin Star Exorcists, Myriad Prism Colors. Attack on Train. All dubbed. All on Blu-ray.

My heart! My heart can't take this.

How weird to see CR getting involved in physical media.

And wonder what impact this will have on various relationships, like with Sentai.

Gvitor

Before I get to summer...

Asterisk S2 02-13

The fights were nice, specially Kirin's. Her movement is great. Story was an absolute shite though, as expected. They never explained proper terminology, even it's fairly simple to guess. I'm all for the "show, don't tell" approach, but this show doesn't show and doesn't tell, it just casually, randomly drops those terms.

We're probably getting another cour of this, at the very least. Too many unresolved plots that went waaaay past the point "go buy the LN if you liked this". And stupid me will probably watch it too.

Flying Witch 03-06

The crunchyroll posts where they compare the city to the real life inspiration are fantastic, and that's only one part of the dedication that is going into this adaptation. Direction is overall great, they nail the tone of a countryside city with the music and voice tones. It's never boring, never a full-on comedy, but never overly serious either. I can't bring myself to binge watch this, though. I'll probably be coming back to it during summer season and hopefully finish it mid-way through.

Baby Steps 01-11

Started this yesterday when I decided I wasn't going to watch Flying Witch up to the end so quickly and, welp, I'm 11 episodes in and I probably could've watched more. I'll likely be done with S1 by the end of the week.

I was looking for another sports anime, got some recommendations on this and decided to check it. I don't really care for tennis, but I'm enjoying it so far. It's not nearly as good as Haikyuu... or even Kuroko (despite the latter being way more fantastical than grounded as opposed to Baby Steps), but it's fun and very easy to binge watch. I just finished episode 11 and I couldn't believe 20 mins have passed by.

My only gripe with it is that they overly explain everything. I don't know all the rules in a tennis match and I don't think I ever watched one of them from beginning to end, but even I know how the scoring system works... and they already explained it THREE times in the first 10 episodes. Seriously...

And finally...

ReLife 01

I probably won't marathon this exclusively because of Baby Steps, but if episode 1 is anything to go by, this won't last very long in my "watching" tab on MAL. I'll probably watch a couple more episodes tonight after I'm (finally) done with Kabaneri. The "old guy in his younger self body" twist was already done earlier this year with Erased, but I still found it refreshing here and the comedy was nice. Hopefully some good romance comes out of this. Though I can already see the dramatic implications.

zulux21

Will they release all of gintama this time?

And Twin Star, getting on BD and free too.

it will likely depend on sales. given the info we saw about canadian dubbing it can likely be safe to assume that they will at least release the first 51 episodes dubbed, but any more than that likely isn't safe to say.

Clov

CR is doing DVD and Bluray releases now
CmUoDDqUMAE7Q5d.jpg

I don't think that any other announcement will top this for me! I didn't expect it, but it makes sense after how they tested the waters with Discotek. I'll definitely pick up that BD of Free!

ReLife 13 (END)

WEll guess its a go read the manga thing for the next term
glad we got the Test Subject 001 Identity. I never would have pick Hishiro as it as she was always just so clueless and focused on well trying to improve how she was the previous year like make friends.I wonder what is her story and what not, we got Yoake's point of view for it but still nothing about what happened after he stepped back a bit and let her take the reins.

I love all the minor moments in this and the day to day plots for high school life of seniors. Like romance for the studious pretty boy, or drama over volleyball. Though I think most of Kairiu's plots were pretty uninteresting.

I kind of want more, though I love how each episode made me want to watch the next one. Good anime. 9/10.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Man...if you want a way to fuck up a series from the manga and make people hate the series, you just have to look at Grantz. This last battle is becoming annoying to watch and watching the last episode of hearing Hajime talking stupid stuff to the point you want to beat the shit out of him so much. My god....what a 180 degree turn of the show from this.
Well once you've watch gantz, you shpuld watch the superior terraformers.

Nice OP BGBW.

Thanks to ReLife I discovered the name of a music I heard when I watched Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi when I was younger, Kore ga Watashi no Ikiru Michi.
I like that the endings have different "old" musics.

John Blade

Well once you've watch gantz, you shpuld watch the superior terraformers.

*Google the title* What the hell......I think I pass for now as Grantz give me a bitter taste of anime and need some random stuff to remove it right now. Sigh...need to look at some comedy stuff right now.

So a couple of things.

1. Nice OP BGBW
2. Catching up to today's news now. Big stuff coming from Crunchyroll in particular. Going to do physical releases now. I wonder what they'll do for those in Canada?

Samurai Flamenco 8

The action focus from this episode was kind of boring; even with the extra polish on the BD, it's not like the action scenes are especially interesting to watch in themselves. What I did like about the episode was the steady progression into complacence bordering on apathy from the characters. Having the government committee meeting regularly punctuate the episode after each monster encounter was a good choice; the parallelism made it easy to sense the shift. (I liked the prime minister nodding each time except for the last, when he has a startled expression showing his attention was elsewhere.) The monster's plans getting more and more pathetic - from killing cops to making people gossip to... buying up all the apples - was also amusing.

Still not my preferred path, and the staff really should have ensured a stronger production if they were going to make action more pivotal like this, but there's still potential for this to do interesting things with the direction it's chosen.

Crocodile

News from the Toonami Panel: Mamoru Oshii is directing a 5 part, original micro series produced by Production IG that will air on Toonami in 2017.

blurr

*Google the title* What the hell......I think I pass for now as Grantz give me a bitter taste of anime and need some random stuff to remove it right now. Sigh...need to look at some comedy stuff right now.

Lucky Star, Nichibros, Oshiete Galko-chan

Speaking of which, I kind of want to watch Hidamari Sketch. Maybe after I complete im@s.

Defuser

ReLife ep 1

I'm sure when this show was announced alot of people wrote it off because it was some guy going back to high school through impossible means which always occur in their mind it was gonna be some dumb harem, ecchi, cliche nonsense which unfortunately alot of shows is guilty for that aspect but not this one.

It's gonna be interesting to see how this guy gonna redo his life and how this affects everybody around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom