• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summon Night 5 |OT| Swordcraft Strategy

Saoshyant

Oh man, I'd buy Hexyz Force in an instant if I could. Good thing to see UMD production still going... somehow. I imagine it's because the occasional otome game in Japan is (still) double releasing on both the Vita and the PSP.

Additionally, I wonder what surprise Vic keeps referring to be included on preorder batch of SM5. Can't imagine it's just some stickers or something equally cheap.

They're not explicitly saying they are reprints though. Could just be leftover stock from ATLUS themselves. I find it hard to believe they're going to reprint multiple PSP games but who knows.

Copy came in today! #0027.

Here's photos of everything, except for what's inside of the game box itself. Don't look at these if you don't want the surprise ruined. I think it's fun. :p

C1WCOr0.jpg
qkxBz7G.jpg
UwAbNRN.jpg
tzobv6k.jpg

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I only clicked the first two pics, which look like the shipping box, itself. Hope mine comes in soon!

Ephidel

Oh god, is that the actual shipping box?
If so then I can already picture the utter mess customs will make of mine :|

Shizuka

What was the big surprise for people that bought it directly from GW? Where's my shipping confirmation and info?

What was the big surprise for people that bought it directly from GW? Where's my shipping confirmation and info?

The surprise is
the big, full-color shipping box in my photos above
. I received no confirmation or info before it arrived and wouldn't have even known it was coming if foobarry hadn't quoted Vic's post from the GW forums.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
My question is what state is it shipping from? Might be a good estimate for when we might receive it (along with the FIFO of orders).

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
GW HQ is in California afaik. Assuming they also ship everything from there.

Not always. NISA is also from CA but have their shipping facilities in Texas I think it is? Bigger company, yeah, but Gaijin might also do it through somewhere else.

vireland

I tried taking off the sticker and keeping it in tact, but that didn't work out too well.

Hair dryer to heat up the sticker or shipping label worked on the CoH2G boxes (which were kind of the dress rehearsal for the SN5 shipping boxes). That also works on the SN5 box, too, and you can use goo gone (NOT goof off) to clean up residual sticky residue from the shipping label or sealing tape. Put some on a paper towel (not directly on the box) and wipe until the goo is gone, then wipe with another paper towel to dry it.

I'm super excited to receive my physical SN5 copy. I knew you would come through Vic.

So is there an estimated timeframe on what you'll be revealing next now that the shipping phase is coming to a close? I definitely am worried about the "pretty bad" comment pertaining to upcoming projects of yours.

tauke

That is certainly impressive!

Here's hoping the packaging survives the trip to my hometown that is located somewhere in the South China Sea.

vireland

I'm super excited to receive my physical SN5 copy. I knew you would come through Vic.

So is there an estimated timeframe on what you'll be revealing next now that the shipping phase is coming to a close? I definitely am worried about the "pretty bad" comment pertaining to upcoming projects of yours.

We're still working on the "pretty bad" situation to work it out, so hopefully it will be fine in the end. Everything will work out one way or the other over the course of the year, so there will be a resolution. We're just hoping for a positive one.

vireland

That is certainly impressive!

Here's hoping the packaging survives the trip to my hometown that is located somewhere in the South China Sea.

We did some cross-country tests back in Dec and one to Canada and they all survived pretty well. During printing, we had a light clear coating put over the art on the shipping boxes to resist the kind of scuffs against other packages that would happen in transit. The only problem with international is customs that are very sticker happy and love to slap tons of stickers on packages.

tauke

We did some cross-country tests back in Dec and one to Canada and they all survived pretty well. During printing, we had a light clear coating put over the art on the shipping boxes to resist the kind of scuffs against other packages that would happen in transit. The only problem with international is customs that are very sticker happy and love to slap tons of stickers on packages.

Glad to hear that. I can't wait to play physical UMD on my PSP-3000 in 2016 lol.

I got all those customs stickers off quite well with the CoH 2 package. Hoping it will be all right in this case as well.

Mzo

I sent a change of address request after the last email was sent in early March and never heard anything back. Was I supposed to receive some sort of confirmation email for that, and are shipping/tracking emails being sent out now? Haven't received anything yet.

Gotta say I'm worried about it and would love to have an idea of what's going on with my orders.

vireland

I sent a change of address request after the last email was sent in early March and never heard anything back. Was I supposed to receive some sort of confirmation email for that, and are shipping/tracking emails being sent out now? Haven't received anything yet.

Gotta say I'm worried about it and would love to have an idea of what's going on with my orders.

PM me your order number and new address and I'll check on it. All the address changes received to addresschange@gaijinworks.com were made - and there were a LOT of them, well over 5% of total orders. People move around a lot more than I suspected.

vireland

Wow this is amazing, thanks gaijinworks!

Pfft! Thanks for YOUR patience on this one! I'm just glad we can finally ship out all the components that have been hanging around on pallets for months and months waiting for a UMD to finish the package. Most of it was already done in November of last year, and everything was ready to go in December when I had to pull the plug on the UMD master v. 1.00 because of the acquire skill bug. So, yeah, it's nice to finally get the finished sets in the hands of fans!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Was the LE supposed to come with a digital code?
I never got one and my emails to Gaijinworks haven't really netted much in the way of help or clarification.

Clive

Finally getting that last(?) piece of the PSP collection in place soon then. Looking forward to getting my copy. Speaking of which, is Class of Heroes 3 still on track and is there still a chance for a physical release?

vireland

Was the LE supposed to come with a digital code?
I never got one and my emails to Gaijinworks haven't really netted much in the way of help or clarification.

Yes. Digital codes were sent out in December. PM me your order number and I'll see what happened. Most-likely your email provider filed the email with the digital code as spam or blocked it. All MS email (Hotmail.com, live.com, outlook.com, etc) , yahoo.com, and sbcglobal, especially, are notorious for this. They're good until like 2020 we're told, so no worries about expiration. :)

Mejilan

Yes. Digital codes were sent out in December. PM me your order number and I'll see what happened. Most-likely your email provider filed the email with the digital code as spam or blocked it. All MS email (Hotmail.com, live.com, outlook.com, etc) , yahoo.com, and sbcglobal, especially, are notorious for this. They're good until like 2020 we're told, so no worries about expiration. :)

Guilty. Yahoo Mail here. I'm usually good with catching this kind of thing, since I go through my spam folders periodically. Had no issues with the Class of Heroes order from your last release. I'll PM you my deets in a few. Congrats again on shipping your next title. Always looking forward to seeing what comes next! And thanks again for taking care of this. I've sent two or three emails to the webmaster address over the past few months, but have been pretty lazy with following up for updates. /shrugs

vireland

Guilty. Yahoo Mail here. I'm usually good with catching this kind of thing, since I go through my spam folders periodically. Had no issues with the Class of Heroes order from your last release. I'll PM you my deets in a few. Congrats again on shipping your next title. Always looking forward to seeing what comes next! And thanks again for taking care of this. I've sent two or three emails to the webmaster address over the past few months, but have been pretty lazy with following up for updates. /shrugs

We're teeny tiny, and everyone has been maxed out here for months, so the follow up on those emails has been bad, I know. We need to get out some bigger games so I can hire more people!

The email providers I mentioned sometimes won't even put mail in spam folders, but just plain delete it so it never hits your account at all. It's inconsistent and really bad for those providers, which is why I completely recommend gmail as the only email service to use. We never have these issues with them, but frequently have them with the providers I mentioned.

EDIT: Found your code. Yahoo did eat it. PMed it to you here to make sure you get it this time. :)

vireland

Finally getting that last(?) piece of the PSP collection in place soon then. Looking forward to getting my copy. Speaking of which, is Class of Heroes 3 still on track and is there still a chance for a physical release?

CoH3 is in testing right now (one of many things that has us overloaded). We'll focus on CoH3 publicity once we get these SN out.

Mejilan

We're teeny tiny, and everyone has been maxed out here for months, so the follow up on those emails has been bad, I know. We need to get out some bigger games so I can hire more people!

The email providers I mentioned sometimes won't even put mail in spam folders, but just plain delete it so it never hits your account at all. It's inconsistent and really bad for those providers, which is why I completely recommend gmail as the only email service to use. We never have these issues with them, but frequently have them with the providers I mentioned.

EDIT: Found your code. Yahoo did eat it. PMed it to you here to make sure you get it this time. :)

I actually did transition to Gmail for my personal matters, and keep my Yahoo account for all of the services I have signed up for over the years. Yahoo continues to be my throwaway account for all future sign-ups, leaving Gmail for friends and family. I have Gmail autocollect all of my Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. messages and sort them accordingly, but do check the spam folders on those other accounts monthly since they won't be pulled into Gmail at all.

I must have missed the one with the code. I'm sorry for the hassle, but thank you for the super-quick resolution. And hey, I've been around since the WD days. So I'm well-trained in being patient about getting the good stuff! :)

I didn't get a code either, or any email from gaijinworks in December. And yes, I also have Yahoo Mail. I did get the March update that manufacturing had finally started, and the ones from August when I bought it of course, but not a code before that. I never really cared much because I want to play the UMD, not a download, but I probably should have it, might be useful if I get a Vita someday or something... unless that code is also in the case?

vireland

I didn't get a code either, or any email from gaijinworks in December. And yes, I also have Yahoo Mail. I did get the March update that manufacturing had finally started, and the ones from August when I bought it of course, but not a code before that. I never really cared much because I want to play the UMD, not a download, but I probably should have it, might be useful if I get a Vita someday or something... unless that code is also in the case?

PM me your order number and I'll look up the code for you.

Then get off Yahoo, stat. :) You can have Gmail import your yahoo mail while you make the switch over 6 months or a year or whatever it takes. Even without the delivery issues (which are inconsistent, I've never figured out a pattern), Yahoo's server side security is crap. They've been hacked many times on the server side, and will probably be hacked many times in the future.

Top Bottom