• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summon Night 5 UMDs are in, physical copies to start shipping in a few weeks

Famassu

I figured this deserves a new thread. Gaijinworks sent an email to all who pre-ordered the game. They've finally gotten the UMDs after some delays due to fixing some bigger bugs/glitches that still remained in the game post-digital release& then going through the submitting process of starting the UMD manufacturing a second time, so they'll start shipping them in the coming weeks.

It's been a long road, but the master UMD manufacturing samples for the physical version of Summon Night 5 have finally come in from overseas, meaning we're just a few weeks away from finally shipping the physical version. We want to thank you all for your patience in this process. We destroyed the original UMD masters that contained the Acquire Skill bug and created a new build that fixed not only that, but another minor bug and some text errors, so we could release the most error-free physical version possible.

Now that the physical release is close, we want to make sure that any of you that have changed addresses since the presale have a chance to update your shipping information. So, if your address has changed, please send an email to --- and include your order number (or numbers), your old address, and the new address so we can update them in our database

Also, Summon Night 5 on PSN has been updated with the same fixes we made for the new UMD, and the new version will be posted to the North American PSN today - YES, TODAY - sometime in the late afternoon. To get the new version 2.0 from PSN, simply delete the game from your device and re-download it. Be sure to check the version number in the store before you re-download, though, to make sure 2.0 is posted and you don't waste time getting the same version you already have.

Note that, due to quirks in the version numbering system between PSN and physical releases, the updated PSN version of Summon Night 5 is 2.0, which is exactly the same, content-wise, as the updated physical UMD that will ship, which is version 1.01. So once you get your physical copy, don't worry, you have the latest version, despite what the version numbering may seem to indicate.

Thanks again for your patience while we worked to get an error-free physical release to you. We think you'll be happy with the result once you have the awesome physical version and soundtrack in your hands, at long last!

Time to figure out where my PSP & its charger is.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Anyone know if the physical LE was supposed to come with a download code for the digital version? I thought so, but my emails to their email addresses haven't really gotten a lot of attention from them.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Anyone know if the physical LE was supposed to come with a download code for the digital version? I thought so, but my emails to their email addresses haven't really gotten a lot of attention from them.

The digital codes were emailed in December.

When I saw UMDs in the title I kinda did a double take, good to see that they are still able to release physical versions for games like this.

Ventara

How are they still able to press and manufacture UMD's?

From what I recall, there's one factory in the world that still produces UMDs, and the wait to have some made is long, which is presumably the reason for the delay for this game. I'm guessing most of the request for the UMDs are from Japan, since the PSP did well there during its prime, and there are still some PSP games releasing there.

Holy crap, totally forgot that (A) I had even preordered a copy and (B) that GaijinWorks uploaded an update version to PSN in March. I guess my UMD should show up this week.

Edit: Yup, just arrived home and my physical copy was in the mailbox. Awesome. Going to keep it sealed; just like Class of Heroes 2.

Top Bottom