• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive EDGE info blowout, with more coming tomorrow

Sunset_Overdrive_Herker_2.jpg

tumblr_inline_n54ohlv1mU1s9b1s7.gif

I'm really interested to see how they combine shooting and platforming mechanically. Can't be easy, but few devs have the experience with both aspects that Insomniac do.

The arcadey aspect (style levels, etc) is a dream tbh, it's not something AAA devs in the West are interested in anymore. Would love it if this game became a hit.

B00TE

Hype has increased, now I just need to see the game in action and I'll be 100% on board. Loving how it sounds so far though.

Wynnebeck

Banned
damn... this sentence could have come straight out of my dreams... this is now my most anticipated game... guess I am buying an Xbone....

Journalists tend to over hype everything, even when the game is mediocre as fuck. A sentence of that nature just sets off alarms to me. Ill have to see gameplay before I can get excited.

Ryse and Horizon disagree...as do I. Opinions though....and I play SNES games on my 1080p set...soo...meh. lol

I guess a 900p monitor wouldn't hurt if you actually are bothered by it. I find it hard to believe that people are so sensitive in reality... the resolution of a game (and the display) only really matters to me on my gaming rig.

Anyway, just looked up the images on Reddit. Looks wonderful.....I want to see those "explosions" in motion.

Horizon? Do you mean Forza 5? If so, it's 1080p. As for Ryse, I find it blurry when upscaled. I also sit about 2ft from my displays, so yeah, it's noticeable and I would rather not deal with it.

Matush

Gameplay looks fun from video, but somehow I see it as more polished and colorful Dead Rising. Want to see more first.

B00TE

Gameplay looks awesome, but I kinda hope there's a way to get moving faster cause it seems like grinding and stuff goes slowly. Unless it goes up with combos, which would be neat.

Top Bottom