• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 64: Water = Full health bar

Myriadis

levious said:
is mario this cross-eyed throughout the whole game? Can't believe I never saw it this way before...
Yes. But he was always cross-eyed.
Also pretty lovely how they change Mario's eye textures when he dies. Complete with hands in front of his mouth when he dies in the Toxic haze (which also makes him cough when he stands there still).

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I think I'm the only person in the world who misses Mario's little 3 hit combo. Punching piranhas in the face while they slept never got old.

Myriadis

Medalion said:
The X eyes is a universal animation to symbolize death or dying

Wonderful contribution, Captain Obvious.
It's just nice that they even bothered to do this little detail, especially when some games after that don't bother doing something like this. (If I could remember which games, but I surely noticed it.)

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
SalsaShark said:
right

Unagi.jpg
This made me cry.

Seanspeed

Banned
Although I abused the hell out of it, I never liked how you'd gain instant full health when 'waiting' in Oblivion. Too easy to just kill some enemies, wait, kill the next group of enemies, wait, blah blah blah. I know this wasn't a bug or anything and was entirely intentional, but it made things way too easy sometimes and I didn't have the willpower to not use it when I was in danger.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Seanspeed said:
Although I abused the hell out of it, I never liked how you'd gain instant full health when 'waiting' in Oblivion. Too easy to just kill some enemies, wait, kill the next group of enemies, wait, blah blah blah. I know this wasn't a bug or anything and was entirely intentional, but it made things way too easy sometimes and I didn't have the willpower to not use it when I was in danger.
Just speeding up the classic style of going back to town and using the money from looted enemies for potions and heading back to the cave. RPGs have always been about patience to win.

Oblivion was boring as fuck, though.

Platy

Myriadis said:
Still better than the regenerating health in the beta version.
Video

Mario is actualy the father of regenerating health ???

MIND BLOWN

(and i love how they actualy droped it later ... i hate regen health =P)

Willy105 said:
Yeah. I was disappointed how later games dropped it. It felt really natural, and would have been perfect in Sunshine.

how about NO ?

It would have made the game one of the easiest games EVER ... you carry a WATER gun and you want that WATER regenerate your health ?

Hell .. half of the worlds are almost underwater =P

Top Bottom