• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey in-store demo thoughts?

Jagsrock

Banned
Played today at BB. Unfortunately the joycons we're synced all weird lol. The left joycon on the grip was synced with the right joycon that was split. So I had to hold the grip and the right split con lol. Luckily I was still able to get a feel for that game and I gotta say it plays like a dream. So responsive, animations are fantastic and my gosh does the game look nice. I can see the Botw influence in this game as while I was working my way to the mission moon, I kept getting distracted by things in the distance. It felt so good to just be able to long jumo/Cappy throw jump my way off the beaten path to a new discovery. Already I can tell the scope of this game is about to be unreal.

Oh and the rolling is fun as hell and throwing Cappy with the motion controls is weirdly satisfying.

Can anyone in the SF bay area confirm a store in the south bay that has one of the kiosks?

I've been to both a BB and a Target near me with my kids and both times was disappointed to discover that neither had a kiosk.

Would be great to be able to go to a BB or Target or Fry's as a surprise with them sometime this weekend and give it a try, they've been counting down the days until release.

I'm down to go anywhere in mountain view, los altos, palo alto, even san jose, just really want to be able to go to one I know for sure has it!

Gamestop in Sunnyvale at the Cherry Orchard plaza has the demo

Top Bottom