• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars V |OT| V is for Voyage! There's an ENG version!

cj_iwakura

The manga and anime IP holders care actually.

Good point. The game IP holders didn't seem to care with PxZ, heh. That has to be the most liberty-ridden script I've seen since a WD game. (And I say this as a huge WD fan.)

Xiaomu makes a reference to the 'I lied, it's actually HOT!' bit, and it makes no sense whatsoever.

Hilarious, but wildly inaccurate.

It's out in English already; there's tons of youtube videos already posted. As far as I can tell after playing through like 7 chapters the translation is pretty good, everything makes perfect sense but it feels a little literal. There's also no "leftover" Japanese as far as I can tell, the whole UI was translated, and there's no really weird name/attack or mecha translations either.

Nice. Looking forward to my copy arriving, though I'll probably only get to play in spurts with all of these damn games coming all at once LOL.

Oh yeah, guess I'm not surprised it'd be a pretty literal translation. Hopefully it's only awkward due to that occasionally.

Wait, there's a 2202 remake of the Yamato 2 movie coming out in 2 days in Japan? Whoa.

Sorry for the slight detail but I love that movie.

I assume they'll be remaking the second series rather than the movie, though.

Yup. The plan seems to be doing it just like they did the first season remake Yamato 2199. Premiering the seven parts of it in theaters and then putting out blu-rays with them properly split up into their episodes.

The first of the seven blu-rays already went up for pre-order on the amazon and the usual import stores, it's going to have episodes 1 and 2.

Since everyone keeps speculating about Yamato units for whatever reason. Even if this is just for plot.
wellthereitisjou1f.png

Correct me if I'm wrong here:

First enemy unit kill in the turn gets 2 ExC pts
Any succeeding kills nets 1 ExC pt

Is this a correct assumption?
I think it's like point system from Z3 where you get 1 point for a kill and 1 point for a level up. So it's possible to get 2 points in one go. Or units that just repair/resupply can earn them too.

https://www.youtube.com/user/nickioh

This person's posting a lot of short vids of the English version. The translation looks worlds better than whatever the hell happened to Moon Dwellers.

Yeah the translation is totally fine. From what I've played so far (I'm only on the third mission) it can be a bit dry, and every now and then they'll have confused pronouns or awkward word choice (one of the encyclopedia entries had something like "fighting to restore aristocratism" instead of "fighting to restore the aristocracy"), but it's pretty good overall. Way better than I expected given the Moon Dwellers translation, and it's just awesome to me that a brand new non-OG entry is in English.

Yeah the translation is totally fine. From what I've played so far (I'm only on the third mission) it can be a bit dry, and every now and then they'll have confused pronouns or awkward word choice (one of the encyclopedia entries had something like "fighting to restore aristocratism" instead of "fighting to restore the aristocracy"), but it's pretty good overall. Way better than I expected given the Moon Dwellers translation, and it's just awesome to me that a brand new non-OG entry is in English.

I want this to be my boss subtitle that people can see whenever they meet me for the first time

I'm really looking forward to V. I bought Moon Dwellers but got real bored of it around stage 18 or so. It's probably a mix between the bad translation and that I missed out of OG games since OGS on PS. I love some OG characters and mechs but meh, give me mainline SRW any day.

Shouta

Kappei laying some truth out in this story section. So grown up ;_;

It's always nice having Zambot 3 around.

Shouta

Anyone got the low down on what the stats do? Sight in particular is one I can't quite work out

Got a screenshot? It might be a translation issue. If it's what I'm thinking of, it's probably meant to be accuracy.

Also, holy shit @ Might Gaine's Dynamic Kill on Dourinken - Tate-ichimonji-giri. DAT CUT-IN

Shouta

I stumbled into a secret scenario.

It's for Might Gaine and involves Black Gaine. I hope I can get him as a unit.

Got a screenshot? It might be a translation issue. If it's what I'm thinking of, it's probably meant to be accuracy.

Also, holy shit @ Might Gaine's Dynamic Kill on Dourinken - Tate-ichimonji-giri. DAT CUT-IN

Shouta changing the avatar?? Twice?? IN ONE WEEK!?

MongKey

So, I just got to the stage where Cross Ange gets introduced and uh,

They still do that to her and they even play a clip of her screaming. Oh boy. I guess they gotta stick close to the source material
What stage is this? Since I'm going to play with family members watching, I would like to have a heads-up.

This is so beautiful.
Unsure whether I should invest in it though since the "agility" seems... pretty low?
The F-91 is great. You'll get a part that raises Mobility by 10 which when equipped will put it in line with the other Reals. Kincade being one of the better pilot in the game helps as well.

lupinko

I'm not feeling Chitose's default seishin and Terada's is pretty nice. I've only seen Souji's full default seishin online so far.

Edit: I can just give Chitose Soji's default birthday / blood type to get the same seishin, problem solved!

So, I just got to the stage where Cross Ange gets introduced and uh,

They still do that to her and they even play a clip of her screaming. Oh boy. I guess they gotta stick close to the source material

So if I haven't watched Cross Ange yet...should I bother? If for no other reason than it's in the game.

So if I haven't watched Cross Ange yet...should I bother? If for no other reason than it's in the game.
It's very generic and was only popular originally for the shock value. You can watch it if you don't know anything about it. However if you already heard all the idiots online talk non stop about it then that defeats the entire point of the show.

Blue-kun

That has to be Obari right?

Yes, I'm pretty sure it is, as I recall him tweeting some time ago he'd be responsible for Gaine in Voyage.

I feel like I'm one of the few people who like the show, and in all honesty, I'm biased since I'm a major Mizuki Nana fan and she voices Ange and all that, but I think it's a pretty entertaining romp.

Like, it's got no ambition to be anything more than shocking/b-movie mecha packed with lots of girls and fanservice, but it basically embraces its nature and goes crazy with it. While I see a lot of people call it generic, one of the few 'real' charas the show has, Ange herself, is a protagonist that I don't see all that often. Maybe I've grown used to the 'good guys', but she's given a lot of shit early on and basically rolls with it, growing into this woman who gives no care about anything other than ensuring she'll survive and maaaaybe a couple of other people who are close to her. Lots of amazing "Ange's a bitch" moments that made me lol throughout the story.

Oh, and if you're a SEED fan (there are more people in this category, right?) you'll also find a lot of cute little references/details that are sure to make you smile, lol.

So, yeah, If you don't get offended by a lot of the crude content and/or tons of fanservice, it can be fun. And the mecha design in the show is pretty cool, imo, plus awesome Shikata Akiko OST.

Oh, and if you're a SEED fan (there are more people in this category, right?) you'll also find a lot of cute little references/details that are sure to make you smile, lol.
No and the show references various pop culture things in general. Obviously skewing towards an age group that the animators are part of.

muteki

Is it possible to use the first print money/tac point bonuses on a PS4 account other than one matching the region of the game?

I know in most cases DLC is usable for all accounts on the machine, but not sure if this counts. I would be playing primarily on my JP account is that is what I can remote play from.

Is it possible to use the first print money/tac point bonuses on a PS4 account other than one matching the region of the game?

I know in most cases DLC is usable for all accounts on the machine, but not sure if this counts. I would be playing primarily on my JP account is that is what I can remote play from.

You have to redeem it on an account from the DLC's region, and then it will show up on all other accounts.

I think it's like point system from Z3 where you get 1 point for a kill and 1 point for a level up. So it's possible to get 2 points in one go. Or units that just repair/resupply can earn them too.

Pretty sure this is the case then. Just had Chitose gain an ExC pt after getting a Lvl Up after repairing an ally unit

On a side note: apparently Aestivalis units can regenerate EN without having near the Nadesico? I do not recall this happening on other SRWs

Well, I guess its probably not with English subtitles or in print anymore. That is how I will internalize this loss.

Edit:

Oops, forgot to also mention I just ordered SRW V. Excited.

61ZUyfcCnXL.jpg

No English, but it's pretty straightforward. Plays a lot like the SD Gundam G Generation games.

Pretty cheap through 3rd Party Amazon sellers:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LP9A3RA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.yesasia.com/global/super...n-japan-version/1036249022-0-0-0-en/info.html

Shouta

What stage is this? Since I'm going to play with family members watching, I would like to have a heads-up.

The F-91 is great. You'll get a part that raises Mobility by 10 which when equipped will put it in line with the other Reals. Kincade being one of the better pilot in the game helps as well.

It's not graphic but the implication is strong. There's also an audio clip. You'll know what it comes up because you'll be fighting dragons for the first time.

It's a trainwreck of a show but that's to be expected because it's directed by Mitsuo Fukuda. That guy has only put out schlock in the last 10 years. It has decent mecha design even though it's basically all Strike Freedom, lol.

That has to be Obari right?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they asked Obari to work on it. Obari's worked on all of the Yuusha series in some capacity including GaoGaiGar.

For comparison here are the first openings to all the Yuusha/Brave series.

Brave Exkaiser
Brave of the Sun Fighbird
Legendary Brave Da Garn
Brave Express Might Gaine Opening
Brave Police J-decker
The Golden Brave: Goldran
Brave Command Dagwon
The King of Braves GaoGaiGar

Pretty sure this is the case then. Just had Chitose gain an ExC pt after getting a Lvl Up after repairing an ally unit

On a side note: apparently Aestivalis units can regenerate EN without having near the Nadesico? I do not recall this happening on other SRWs

They got rid of the requirement for the Aestivalis to be near the Nadesico to get energy. It just gets it automatically. I think if it was Nadeisco TV it might require being close but I recall PoD almost always getting rid of that requirement.

zephry

I am currently playing the Korean version on the PS4. Translation seems pretty good so far. But I noticed the screen is cropped despite running at full resolution. It looks like maybe the PS4 version is just running the VITA version at a 3x or 4x res. Anyone noticing this?

Also does remote play play the game at full Vita screen?

Shouta

I am currently playing the Korean version on the PS4. Translation seems pretty good so far. But I noticed the screen is cropped despite running at full resolution. It looks like maybe the PS4 version is just running the VITA version at a 3x or 4x res. Anyone noticing this?

Also does remote play play the game at full Vita screen?

I haven't noticed any cropping issues on my PS4. Maybe the settings got screwed up on your system? Try going to the PS4 settings and adjusting the screen size out to max. If that doesn't work, maybe it's on the TV?

zephry

I haven't noticed any cropping issues on my PS4. Maybe the settings got screwed up on your system? Try going to the PS4 settings and adjusting the screen size out to max. If that doesn't work, maybe it's on the TV?

I thought that might've been the issue but everything checked out OK. Plus it's the only game that does it. I have a feeling it might be a bug. The initial loading screen is full 1080p but the subsequent screen is cropped. I don't know what the heck is going on.

edit:
Oops never mind, the screen size setting was the culprit.

Top Bottom