• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Super Secret Nintendo" shoot with Zelda (Williams)

grumpy

GoldandBlue said:
Maybe she is the real Zelda, this generation reincarnation of her. In the video she'll lift her hand and reveal she has the triforce of wisdom and say "I know you're out there, Link."

Video will then end and Reggie will grin to the crowd, revealing he has the triforce of power.

E3 2011 ruined because this awesome thing will never happen :(

plank said:
who would name there child after video games? :p
I met a dude on craigslist when I was trying to sell some tickets last week. His name was Ganon, no joke. I dont think his parents even played Zelda though...

upandaway

From The Dust said:
But her name is Zelda. After Zelda. They are hinting at something
Yeah. I don't see why they'd use her specifically when the thing isn't related to Zelda.

It's fucking related to Zelda.

grumpy said:
E3 2011 ruined because this awesome thing will never happen :(

2ikpj14.jpg

Paint is a dangerous thing.

madara

Makes sense to tie into zelda anniversary. Question really is are we getting some new hot sprite work for whatever is coming, surely not a downgrade in visuals like NSMB was?

D-Pad

Screenboy said:
You just know Nintendo is going to release a Zelda game in the same vein as New Super Mario Bros. and its end lives...

Isn't that was Four Swords essentially was? New Legend of Zelda?

bengraven

Xal-Shoota said:
I met a dude on craigslist when I was trying to sell some tickets last week. His name was Ganon, no joke. I dont think his parents even played Zelda though...

So we found Zelda and now have proof Ganon is alive.

Where is this generations Link?

And how does this affect the timeline?

upandaway

D-Pad said:
I'm sorry, but if you think Four Swords is anything like the original Zelda just because it's 2D, then we need to have a talk about this.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
AceBandage said:
Also, how cool would it be if her and her dad came out on stage at E3 to play Miyamoto and Reggie in the new Four Swords Adventure?
That would be rad.
GoldandBlue said:
Maybe she is the real Zelda, this generation reincarnation of her. In the video she'll lift her hand and reveal she has the triforce of wisdom and say "I know you're out there, Link."

Video will then end and Reggie will grin to the crowd, revealing he has the triforce of power.
No, wait...this would be rad.
bengraven said:
Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if they're doing a Zelda commercial starring her and maybe her dad, mentioning how he loved the series so much he named it after her.

Like one of those celebrity bus DS trailers with Robin Williams playing OoT3D and talking about how much he loves those games. And saying, "you don't believe me?" She walks in: "hey dad" The words on the screen say "ZELDA WILLIAMS".
I'm imagining that directed by Wes Anderson, and with the titles written in Futura.
At the end of the conference we can have Reggie, Miyamoto and Iwata walking away in slow motion to a sweet British invasion track.

D-Pad said:
If Cafe is what it's rumoured to be, the time is now for a new Four Swords. Hardware has finally caught up with the concept.
upandaway said:
I'm sorry, but if you think Four Swords is anything like the original Zelda just because it's 2D, then we need to have a talk about this.
I think D-Pad meant that it's a 'traditional' 2D instalment with a co-op/competitive multiplayer focus, just like NSMB Wii.

Bentendo

She could definitely play Zelda. If a movie were to happen, then Norm Lewis would be the perfect Ganondorf:

tn-500_lesmis10.jpg

Yes, I've been waiting for the perfect thread to post this. BTW this is him as Javert in Les Miserables.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
From The Dust said:
Crystal Chronicles 2 please
Yes!
Finally.
I hope they haven't given up on the franchise because of the lacklustre sales of a certain spin-off with nothing to do with the original.
TheLastCandle said:
Yeah, definitely.
Jaded Alyx said in the Cafe rumour thread where this was initially posted that she could be Zelda's face model for future games. I could see it.

Krev said:
Yes!
Finally.
I hope they haven't given up on the franchise because of the lacklustre sales of a certain spin-off with nothing to do with the original.

Jaded Alyx said in the Cafe rumour thread where this was initially posted that she could be Zelda's face model for future games. I could see it.
I was actually joking, but she could pull it off.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Jaded Alyx said:
I was actually joking, but she could pull it off.
I know, and I doubt Nintendo would ever use a real person as a facial model for a Zelda character (things like Koji Kondo as Tingle don't count). But it would work well if they did.

Skiesofwonder said:
Common sense tells you that this shoot has something to do with the Legend of Zelda series, mostly likely being tied into OOT 3D, Skyward Sword, or the rumored LOZ 25th anniversary title.
Why would common sense tell you that? Because of an actress' first name?

As for naming her Zelda, at least that's a real name. Imagine poor Nicholas Cage's son, Kal-el.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Dreamwriter said:

As for naming her Zelda, at least that's a real name. Imagine poor Nicholas Cage's son, Kal-el.

He named his son after Superman's real name!? Which comes from a language that doesn't exist on a planet that doesn't exist either?

The poor guy...

Eradicate

Bentendo said:
She could definitely play Zelda. If a movie were to happen, then Norm Lewis would be the perfect Ganondorf:

tn-500_lesmis10.jpg

Yes, I've been waiting for the perfect thread to post this. BTW this is him as Javert in Les Miserables.

Oh, that is a good choice for Ganondorf! I'm not super familiar with him, but I can swear I've seen a video with him and Audra McDonald performing together.

After going clue hunting, in one of her pictures posted after the shoot, she's wearing a ring on her finger that looks nearly exactly like the earrings Zelda wears in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which were basically rings anyways. Because I'm likely reading way too much into it, I dare not post up comparison pictures.

I do figure that she is portraying Zelda for this shoot/commercial/whatever though.

Dreamwriter said:

now that's sad :lol

WillyFive

BY2K said:
He named his son after Superman's real name!? Which comes from a language that doesn't exist on a planet that doesn't exist either?

The poor guy...

Yeah, at least Zelda is a real name. Clark would have worked, or Kent.

webrunner

Dreamwriter said:

I knew another kid at university named Kal-El

Cranzor

GoldandBlue said:

Some Mother/Earthbound fans believe Reggie to be Giygas. They also say Game Freak named the Pokemon Regigigas to hint to people that Reggie really is Giygas.

So is he Ganon and Giygas???

Top Bottom