• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 14: Snake... had a hard life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dion from Mysterious would be cool with his baseball mitt. Plus, he's from Aonuma's directorial debut. I'd also be down for Aeronn (?) from Pandora's Tower or Gumshoe, too.

Meesh

Do we know anything about Duck Hunt Dog's move set and abilities? Assuming he's truly in there that is, and if Nintendo's paying attention, I'd like to recommend that Mr. Dog use the ducks to attack others.(duh)Ninja style. With "nun-ducks". I'd die happy man, forgoing my old standby(Link) for old faithful...that crazy, mocking sunofabitch.

InsuRn

by1dBRE.gif

Noooooo !!! Ridley, come back, we want you even if Sakurai don't ! Please ! :(

Why did neither of Sandlot's Nintendo titles come out here :(
I need to get to picking them up some day

Was Mecha MG any good? Literally all I know about it is that it's a touch controlled mech game and it had that one song in Brawl.

I never realized how large and devout the Smash Bros community was until coming to this thread, I understand none of the inside jokes... but still laugh?

I never realized how large and devout the Smash Bros community was until coming to this thread, I understand none of the inside jokes... but still laugh?
SmashGAF is quite an impressive community. Should you choose to research or ask about some of the inside jokes, I'm sure they would becone apparent as long as you have a decent understanding of Smash Bros. and the games featured in Smash. :)

Not that I believe a Paper Mario sidekick is gonna be playable anytime soon (PM himself has yet to fill that role) but I'd be surprised if "the general public" would be able to name half the characters in this roster. There's a reason why people upload videos challenging their parents to name every Smasher, and hilarity like Zelda (Link) and Sharp Shooter Shelly (Zero Suit Samus) ensues.
Okay, not the super general public. Let us say younger kids who have played since Wii, but do not know who, let's say Ice Climbers are. Or the non JRPG players who have no clue who Robin, Lucina or Shulk are.

jph139

5YGrvEI.png

Ayumi Tachibana. I think it'd be cool to see how Sakurai would implement an adventure game/VN character. She also has the somewhat distinct honor of starring in a Satellaview exclusive title that wasn't just a remix of some other game like the Zelda or Fire Emblem Satellaview games.

Also acceptable is the main character of the other two Famicom Detective Club games (of which she is just a supporting character), but I don't even think he actually has a name.

My man! Ayumi would be great. FDC isn't a great game, but it's really stuck with me since I played it. Definitely an opportunity for a completely unique moveset.

0iScbRwm.jpg

Donbe & Hikari would be a close second. And Andy, if Advance Wars counts as "obscure."

I'm really disappointed that the Ultra-Hand and Ultra-Machine aren't items yet. They're a part of Nintendo's history too! Ultra-Hand would be an extended grab, and Ultra-Machine would act as a turret.
We also need a deck of Hanafuda cards as an item where you throw the cards like ninja stars.
And of course a love hotel stage.

Oh shoot, something I've been meaning to ask. What ever happened to the guy who would animate Ridley gifs reacting to the PotD? I still have that post with all of them bookmarked, but it seems he's stopped long ago. Anybody know why?

Oh shoot, something I've been meaning to ask. What ever happened to the guy who would animate Ridley gifs reacting to the PotD? I still have that post with all of them bookmarked, but it seems he's stopped long ago. Anybody know why?
RagnarokX or something like that, I believe. He has posted quite a few times here ever since he stopped doing gifs, but I miss them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom