• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 14: Snake... had a hard life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

R.O.B. is from Brawl and doesn't need one... Neither does Dr. Mario since he returns from Melee and is a clone. Dark Pit showed up in Palutena's trailer. It's really Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt who need trailers.
Duck Hunt Dog video will be fun.
Hoping to see him troll other characters or it would be a missed opportunity!

ffdgh

R.O.B. is from Brawl and doesn't need one... Neither does Dr. Mario since he returns from Melee. Dark Pit showed up in Palutena's trailer. It's really Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt who need trailers.

Hmm...Duck hunt would be the perfect time to show Rob or game and watch(again)

Azuran

Banned
R.O.B. is from Brawl and doesn't need one... Neither does Dr. Mario since he returns from Melee. Dark Pit showed up in Palutena's trailer. It's really Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt who need trailers.

All that R.O.B. needs is the tears of the haters. The fact that he's back again while favorites like Lucas and IC were cut means he can also continue feeding for the next 6 or so years as well.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
r3___current_3ds_wiiu_ssb_characters_by_quas_quas-d7505vb.png

Got updated

All that R.O.B. needs is the tears of the haters. The fact that he's back again while favorites like Lucas and IC were cut means he can also continue feeding for the next 6 or so years as well.

R.O.B. was probably my favorite Brawl character except I really disliked his Smash Ball power. Compared to other characters I couldn't get nearly as many kills having to chase after people.

"Japan Time approaches."

EDIT: Wait why didn't I say "Now it's Japan Time" god dammit

LOL. Mostly I just don't think we'll reach another normal smash news thread after XV because a Smash For 3DS OT will appear and conversations will move there. Same reason it would be hard to wait for the wii u version to have that title (Unless it's the Smash Wii U OT title)

GenG3000

Rob never had a trailer did he?
I could see us being done with them.

Only a few vets habe been confirmed through trailers, and there are lots of veterans to be revealed and only two videos left so I don't think all of them will be featured. Sakurai will probably upload veteran profiles to the web in unlocking order as usual.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Kraid would actually be pretty cool...but there are a few barriers for him I think.

Even though he's the third most-well known Metroid character I'd say, his last appearance was in Smash Brothers, and a remake of the original Metroid. So he's been MIA for years (although he was planned for Prime).

He's also HUGE, although unlike Ridley, his size can be modified more easily since he's got a more normal bipedal shape and no long neck or wings. But still, it'd be weird if we have giant Kraid in Brinstar Depths, and then little Kraid...imagine playing that stage as Kraid. I guess you COULD claim the playable one is Mini-Kraid, lol.

That being said, Kraid could work pretty well. Make him the largest character, and also the slowest and heaviest, even more so than Bowser.

Boomerang Nails, Belly Missiles, and then maybe have some fun with his moveset by having them reference abilities of the other classic Metroid bosses. Maybe his Up-B can have a miniature Ridley appear and lift him through the air.

Hopefully the rumor of him being a boss in Smash Run is true.

Duck Hunt Dog video will be fun.
Hoping to see him troll other characters or it would be a missed opportunity!

>Grassy field with Wolf, Lucas, Snake, Ice Climbers, Squirtle, and Ivysaur standing around
>There is a rustling in the tall grass
>Many ducks fly out of the grass
>An off-screen rifle begins shooting, catching our unsuspecting veterans in the crossfire
>Our veterans are dying, a shadowy figure appears
>DR MARIO IS ON CALL

Crocodile

>Grassy field with Wolf, Lucas, Snake, Ice Climbers, Squirtle, and Ivysaur standing around
>An off-screen rifle begins shooting, catching our unsuspecting veterans in the crossfire
>DR MARIO IS ON CALL

Sounds more like an assassination than an "accident"

>DR MARIO IS ON CALL
Sadly he can't save the pokèmon because he knows they are getting cut :)

Ahnez

>DR MARIO IS ON CALL
"Sakurai was hinting that those characters will be released as DLCs"

Toxi

Banned
Even though he's the third most-well known Metroid character I'd say,
Dude, he's not.

The only times Kraid has had a decent appearance since 1994 were Super Smash Bros Melee and Metroid: Zero Mission (One of the worst-selling Metroids). Even if we're going to ignore that and assume people remember him from the original and Super Metroid and don't remember anything past that point, you're still going to have a hell of a time convincing me he's better known than Mother Brain.

I like Kraid, but he's nowhere near the third most-well known Metroid character. He missed the draw for Metroid Prime, so unlike Ridley, he hasn't been plastered across everything Metroid-related for nearly a decade.

Not

Banned
New thread already almost, Jesus krice

Think this thread will go to community with the release of the 3DS version or will the mods wait for "Holiday 2014?"

maxcriden

Kraid would actually be pretty cool...but there are a few barriers for him I think.

Even though he's the third most-well known Metroid character I'd say, his last appearance was in Smash Brothers, and a remake of the original Metroid. So he's been MIA for years (although he was planned for Prime).

He's also HUGE, although unlike Ridley, his size can be modified more easily since he's got a more normal bipedal shape and no long neck or wings. But still, it'd be weird if we have giant Kraid in Brinstar Depths, and then little Kraid...imagine playing that stage as Kraid. I guess you COULD claim the playable one is Mini-Kraid, lol.

That being said, Kraid could work pretty well. Make him the largest character, and also the slowest and heaviest, even more so than Bowser.

Boomerang Nails, Belly Missiles, and then maybe have some fun with his moveset by having them reference abilities of the other classic Metroid bosses. Maybe his Up-B can have a miniature Ridley appear and lift him through the air.

Hopefully the rumor of him being a boss in Smash Run is true.

Dude, WDB.

nintendoland_00287.jpg

One of the best parts of Metroid Blast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xeatlwX4GY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom