• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros For Wii U and 3DS 1.1.7 update released

Pokemaniac

So it looks like an update was just pushed out for Smash Bros on Wii U and 3DS.

In game patch notes:
We have released patch 1.1.7

* Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta amiibo are now supported.

*Once version 1.1.7 has been installed, replays created in previous versions will no longer work.

*Version 1.1.7 is required for online play.

Seems to primarily have to do with the final set of amiibo, though the replay thing suggests there could be balance changes. EDIT: Sounds like they didn't actually break replays. The thing in the message about them is probably for people updating from older versions.

Sami+

Huh. I thought I saw someone confirm on Twitter earlier today that 1.1.6 replays still work. Can't imagine why they wouldn't if they didn't do any balancing.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Could be a warning for those updating from pre-1.1.6

ReaperXL7

I really try to stay away from port begging but since this is Nintendo I'll just ask anyway if a Switch port for this has been discussed at all?

I didn't bother with the Wii U but I'd probably buy this if the released a version for the Switch.

Pokemaniac

I really try to stay away from port begging but since this is Nintendo I'll just ask anyway if a Switch port for this has been discussed at all?

I didn't bother with the Wii U but I'd probably buy this if the released a version for the Switch.

There have been several rumors. Though, if they are accurate, it would seem to be taking a bit long for them to just be developing a simple port.

There have been several rumors. Though, if they are accurate, it would seem to be taking a bit long for them to just be developing a simple port.

I can imagine that they may have wanted to release smash this year, but wanted ARMS and Pokken Tournament to be their spotlight fighting games this year and release smash next year as their first party fighting game.

Top Bottom