• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: (EU) release date leaked?

DrStiles

I feel like it's about time for a general, worldwide, Nintendo Direct.

We've really only had game specific ones and that recent Japan only 3DS one since E3 haven't we?

I don't think we'll get a Nintendo Direct until after Oct. 3rd. Gotta keep the hype up for Smash 3DS, after that drops then you can bring on the holiday onslaught.

Lunar15

Holiday totally includes thanksgiving. Plus, that week is just the standard week for Nintendo's biggest releases. You have to get it out before black friday.

oti

Banned
Damn, that's an expensive week. Smash U, Amiibos, Pokémon, GTAV, two Assassin's Creeds..

Great week! Skipping AC (both) for now, Unity looks pretty cool though, love me some France. GTAV I never played before and waited for the PS4 version. Pokémon looks cool but I still haven't finished X yet. And Amiibos, I don't know. If they realy end up being just AI partners I don't think I'll get too many of them, since I don't collect stuff. (I hope Nintendo announces some more functionality during a Direct.)

So Smash and GTA I guess. Great combination!

ZeroX03

Banned
Nintendo games have long legs. The hardcore gamers having to pick which to play first isn't really a major concern :p

Yeah kids are going to be getting these games for Christmas, not day one.

Two different systems and games with long legs. It's a bit annoying for the day one folks but it seems to work for Nintendo.

KHlover

Banned
What is ORAS people keep talking about?

*edit*

Ohhh Pokemon related.

Shin Johnpv
Ninty Ninty Ninty
Ninty Ninty Ninty

(Today, 03:50 PM)

mabelwatfukvc.png

You don't deserve that tag.

DrStiles

I don't get why the haven't announced it yet and just let it leak. What is nintendo up to anyway?

Trying to sell people the 3DS version. And it's easier to do that if they are not also marketing the Wii U version to come out a month and a half later.

Exile20

I think I made up my mind and I am skipping the 3DS version. Hopefully the demo will keep me contented until Bayonetta 2, Oct 28 and then Smash Wii U, Nov 21. Only 28 days between Bayonetta and Smash U.

Plus I still have HW to play. I think I am good with no Smash 3DS.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Friend of mine just pointed that out to me:

Apparently comes from that website (it's an ad, by the way). Sort of confirms that Nov. 21 date for the US, then.

this and amiibo november release date "leaked" as a Nintendo Store Uk "mistake" almost confirm it, right?

ramparter

Banned
Trying to sell people the 3DS version. And it's easier to do that if they are not also marketing the Wii U version to come out a month and a half later.
Makes sense I guees. Anyway the next Nintendo Direct will probably be about Wii U Smash and Amiibos and should be huge.

Son Of D

This, the old ShopTo listing before their site updated, the Target listing. It's adding up.

I don't get why the haven't announced it yet and just let it leak. What is nintendo up to anyway?

Seeing that we only got the Bayonetta 2 release date early in September I won't be surprised if Nintendo are going to wait until October (after the 3DS game launches overseas) to officially announce the Wii U version release date. Quite possibly a Smash Wii U focused direct since there's still a lot of stuff we don't know in regards to that version.

Hope this is true.

I think I made up my mind and I am skipping the 3DS version. Hopefully the demo will keep me contented until Bayonetta 2, Oct 28 and then Smash Wii U, Nov 21. Only 28 days between Bayonetta and Smash U.

Plus I still have HW to play. I think I am good with no Smash 3DS.

I think I may as well. The 3DS demo is great, but I can wait two months for the Wii U version and am not at all convinced that owning both versions is necessary.

The question really comes down to:
Would there be any point in playing the 3DS version once you own the Wii U version?

trixx

November 21st is very soon. That would be fantastic is true. Hopefully NA is around same time.

Already skipping 3ds so I hope I don't wait too long.

L~A

According to GoNintendo, Nintendo France is now claiming the date is "a mistake".

In other words: we got our EU date, folks ;)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Not a bad date. Should be enough to simmer 3DS sales.

I wonder if announcing the date would make people pissed off.

Top Bottom