• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuapol

Aug 10, 2014
I would've thought that Duck Hunt would've been the super secret unlockable, but it seems like that honor is going to Bowser Jr.
and Ridley.
and Mewtwo.

Sakurai pls

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Jul 14, 2009
He's about to lose to Lucina, ha.

I guess the unlocks aren't random, but the requirements are definitely weird.

Diprosalic

Banned
May 27, 2010
The only thing different from the ESRB leak is that the Mii Fighters have their own slot on the CSS.
they get it after you go in a menu and configure one.
what they did is click "unlock everything" and then made the video but didn't make a mii character. that's it. we won't get anything more well maybe dlc down the line.

Beelzebufo

Banned
Jan 31, 2014
You're right, silly me for wanting or expecting something that I want or expect.

Expecting him to use the staff just for normals (purely cosmetically) was not that crazy
Eh... It kind of was, if only because some of those animations would be hard to match up. He's in the clone corner for a reason. I'm actually shocked Dr. Mario is so different.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Mar 18, 2012
Wouldn't surprise me if you could unlock all characters by playing classic a set number of times.

GiantBreadbug

Sep 18, 2012
That's like putting Pit in the three sacred treasures for his render

Like, including the staff in Pittoo's render kinda seems like it's trying to make him look like less of a clone on the CSS but then you get into the game and it's like "nvm he uses a different colored bow not that cool staff we showed you."

Toxi

Banned
May 29, 2013
they get it after you go in a menu and configure one.
what they did is click "unlock everything" and then made the video but didn't make a mii character. that's it. we won't get anything more well maybe dlc down the line.
Actually, they didn't have everything unlocked; there were some trophy rewards with the "new" label.

Rayis

Jul 16, 2012
Is it true that you can unlock the secret characters again if you lost against them when you play a VS match?

Golnei

May 12, 2014
Back from my nap. Looks like I didn't miss much else.

Falco keeping the Landmaster is disappointing, but I more or less expected it after seeing Toon Link keep his old FS at E3.

Is it true that you can unlock the secret characters again if you lost against them when you play a VS match?
That seems to be the case. Might be the same with multiman matches and Smash Run as well.

Beelzebufo

Banned
Jan 31, 2014
I just unlocked Bowser Jr. I played Simple mode level 7.0 using Bowser without continuing. I don't know if anything else is required.
Nice! Seems like some characters are character-dependent, but they're all classic mode.

Has anyone tried using all of the Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.