• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exotoro

image.php

image.php

I've had the Gema stream on in the background while working since about 6am this morning. What do you guys think is the best stream right now? Should I keep watching this one or is there another one that's close to filling the roster and more entertaining?

Lunar15

I'm really glad R.O.B is in, but no veteran should be the final character.

Well, he's not necessarily the final character. He's just the final character that these people are unlocking. The order is only designated by the order in which you complete the requirements.

exfatal

Man just woke up what i miss? what stream is everyone watching? last i saw was someone finally unlocking DHD then game and watch

NEO0MJ

People seriously believe there could be more characters than the leak, given that not a single streamer has found one despite getting everyone except Rob (If I've been following the conversation correctly).

I wish I was remotely that optimistic.

Maybe there's one that only unlocks after 24 hours of play?

Yeah let's just give them a move they never had anywhere ever

If this is one of your main gripes, boy do I have to tell you something about Robin and Ness (and Lucas in Brawl).

So what would you have then? A unique final smash for every alt costume? Why would other alt costumes not get that, then? I'd really like Blood Hawk to appear for Captain Falcon's red alt instead of Blue Falcon, because Blood Falcon doesn't drive Blue Falcon.

Also extremely good choice in terms of game balance. A character with 8 final smashes depending on the costume you pick.

AdaWong

The lack of hair physics to the female characters is noticeably annoying.

Zero Suit Samus' hair looks like a frozen upside down banana.
Peach's looks glued to her back.
Rosalina's doesn't even move, not even slightly. It's like they didn't even bother.

Sheik's hair is the only one that actually look somewhat polished.

NeonZ

Was he difficult to unlock in Brawl? I thought he was easy to get via SSE.

Been forever since I unlocked him lol.

He was unlocked before several other characters in SSE (Ganondorf, Luigi, Dedede, Sonic), but outside of SSE you needed to have 280 trophies, something that isn't really as straight forward as most other requirements. He was never potentially the last unlockable though.

Wolf, Jigglypuff and Toon Link could never be unlocked before ROB (You needed to finish SSE to activate their unlocking methods even outside of SSE, so ROB would need to be unlocked by default, and in Brawl matches, which didn't require SSE, they needed more matches than ROB).

What if putting in Koopa kids were an afterthought?

Crazy I know

Well

I don't see how that could possibly be the case considering they all have unique renders, animations, voices, models, etc

But hey, I guess it just makes more sense to give the character as a whole a move that only one of them is actually known for using

Also the way the character is designed implies this was kind of the plan all along. Otherwise it seems like Jr wouldn't be using the Clown Car

If this is one of your main gripes, boy do I have to tell you something about Robin and Ness (and Lucas in Brawl).

So what would you have then? A unique final smash for every alt costume? Why would other alt costumes not get that, then? I'd really like Blood Hawk to appear for Captain Falcon's red alt instead of Blue Falcon, because Blood Falcon doesn't drive Blue Falcon.

Also extremely good choice in terms of game balance. A character with 8 final smashes depending on the costume you pick.

Most people are saying that Bowser Jr. should have one and then the rest of the Koopa Kids should have one that doesn't include Shadow Mario -- really, even if it was just something else like the Koopa ships drawing the damaging X on the screen instead.

Here simple solution:

Give the Koopa Kids character a FS that's not specific to an appearance that only one of them made

Crazy I know

But Bowser Jr. is the one who made it in the slot. The Koopalings were lucky to get alternate costumes. When Bowser Jr. was revealed everyone complained about him missing his iconic paintbrush and shadow Mario transformation and now we have it. On top of that the device Bowser Jr. used to transform into Shadow Mario likely could be used by the Koopalings just as easily. We should take the great fan service thing as it is and not nit pick a miniscule detail.

We have far worse FS travesties like Ganondorf having an identical FS to Captain Falcon. Link and Toon Link's stupid madeup FS. Sheik's FS also doesn't make sense. Peach's FS is also terrible and not based on anything I could go on.

Griss

Now that the game is essentially 'out', I'm wondering what bloody sense it made for Sakurai to hold off on the last newcomer reveals. Why not do trailers for Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Dog? Surely he realises that in the modern age of twitter an announced trailer than that gets people more excited than either a) a leak, or b) people just saying on twitter 'smash is out, bowser jr et al are in'.

Really strange decision, to me. If he actually has trailers for those characters that he'll release in the run up to the Wii U version that would be even stranger.

Kensho

Duck Hunt Dog could either be another character that unlocks Dr. Mario (in addition to Mario) or it could be that the unlock condition was already met previously but they needed to beat Classic again to challenge another opponent.

Nope, when conditions are met any fight brings the newcomer back again.

NeonZ

Yeah let's just give them a move they never had anywhere ever

Well, Final Smashes in Brawl fairly often were new moves. Even in Smash 4 we have Final Smashes like Falco piloting a Landmaster and Sheik firing light arrows. So, the Koopalings aren't in a bad situation compared to many actual cast members.

Mariolee

Well

I don't see how that could possibly be the case considering they all have unique renders, animations, voices, models, etc

But hey, I guess it just makes more sense to give the character as a whole a move that only one of them is actually known for using

Also the way the character is designed implies this was kind of the plan all along. Otherwise it seems like Jr wouldn't be using the Clown Car

Afterthought meaning not at the last minute, but that the priority was Bowser Jr.

Read some posts please

No, give the whole character one FS that makes sense for all the alts

Example: Airship or something

That wasn't hard at all

SMgamer83

Roster parity has been a consistent talking point from Nintendo.

Of course both games will have every character. That doesn't mean they will right away.

I'm simply saying October 3rd, 49 characters...Wii U release, something happens, both games now have 54. Or something. Is that such a weird idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom