• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nia

I'm watching most everything, but I'm opting not to watch the Master Core fights. I want to experience it for myself.

Gartooth

Correct.

And no one has unlocked all chars from the ESRB leak.

No one has seen a Ridley trophy of any kind, but they have seen Wolf.

Yeah, I've been trying to follow the conversation somewhat. I heard that Wolf, Squirtle, and Ivysaur all have trophies now. Any word on Mewtwo, Lucas, or Ice Climbers?

PK Gaming

I still think Ridley has a chance of making it in as the final character unlock

Komaeda_%2816%29.png

Believe!

This talk about them holding back characters for the Wii U version is pointless. It does nothing other than building up a little hype for Smash. Note that I didn't say the Wii U version.

Everyone that really cares about smash will already have the 3DS version. Those extra characters would be released for the 3DS anyway, so it would absolutely not generate extra sales for the Wii U version. If anything it will lead people to think, "Oh I can just get the 3DS version since those other characters will just go to that version anyway".

The only reason they would possibly do it is to keep the Smash hype going and generate more talk for their product. At that point they might as well just do DLC characters.

Yes, wouldn't it be strange for Nintendo to want to advertise the Wii U to 3DS owners.

Completely unfathomable.
I dunno man

I see witholding peoples ability to unlock characters they may or may not want to play as so Nintendo can advertise something as extremely filthy.

We can always wait till the next Smash for new characters you know...

NotLiquid

So was the leak roster the final roster or what? I can't keep up.

It's very likely but by some stroke of curiosity, ROB has not been unlocked by anyone at all yet, which is a little bit too much of a suspiciously recurring pattern. Maybe he's unlocked by other means, which could prove a possibility of more characters. That said, Gema only has two more characters to unlock that weren't on the roster, and Junior is one we've seen.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Do you guys think Snake still has a trophy? Or will Metal Gear just disappear from Smash Bros? :(

This talk about them holding back characters for the Wii U version is pointless. It does nothing other than building up a little hype for Smash. Note that I didn't say the Wii U version.

Everyone that really cares about smash will already have the 3DS version. Those extra characters would be released for the 3DS anyway, so it would absolutely not generate extra sales for the Wii U version. If anything it will lead people to think, "Oh I can just get the 3DS version since those other characters will just go to that version anyway".

The only reason they would possibly do it is to keep the Smash hype going and generate more talk for their product. At that point they might as well just do DLC characters.

They could always unlock the characters in the 3DS version 2-4 weeks after the Wii U version drops. I mean, hypothetically, if sales is the goal it might force a few people's hand. Hypothetically, of course, because I don't think that'd actually happen.

Chase17

Whats gema doing right now? Just beating classic with every character?

Also if PK freeze custom is in, hopefully there's Lucas Pk thunder as a custom as well

By withholding characters from them unless they get the WiiU version?

Not exactly a new concept for Nintendo, actually. Mario Golf and Tennis GBC had exclusive characters that couldn't be unlocked unless you owned a Transfer Pak and the N64 versions of the respective games, for example.

Neoxon

I dunno man

I see witholding peoples ability to unlock characters they may or may not want to play as so Nintendo can advertise something as extremely filthy.

We can always wait till the next Smash for new characters you know...
Or just simply unlock the characters on the 3DS when the Wii U version comes out.

And there's also DLC after both games come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom