• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate sales top 1.23 million in first three days in Japan

Exentryk

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate sold 1,238,358 retail copies in Japan between December 7 and 9, the latest Famitsu sales numbers reveal. This is the highest opening week for a Switch title, as well as the highest opening week for the Super Smash Bros. series.

Via Gematsu

blackjon24

Congrats it's easily the best game nintendo released all year so well deserved. Nintendo could have had similar numbers in japan last month had they released a real pokemon game

Last edited:

Michele

you.
Congrats it's easily the best game nintendo released all year so well deserved. Nintendo could have had similar numbers in japan last month had they released a real pokemon game

Now now, don't be such a person. Ultimate is the most anticipated game. We should play that and have fun!

StormCell

FWIW, I've seen a lot of people who initially recoiled at Let's Go actually come back to admit they were wrong about it. Even seeing people hope that the new game has the same catch mechanics and no more wild battles.

I'm okay with that so long as they make trainer battles more challenging as opposed to the walk in the park they usually are.

This will be a nice boost for Nintendo after a slower year than last year. I picked it up and spent almost the whole weekend unlocking all the characters, I actually love that they did it that way, the way games are meant to give you extra content. The online can be pretty laggy at times but this takes over as my new fav Smash, well done Nintendo.

Looking to 2019 obviously Fire Emblem and Metroid will be big but you've gotta figure they have to have Mario Kart 9 somewhere up their sleeve which is what I personally want most. It feels like we're in uncharted waters, as there hasn't been too much announced too far into the future for first party stuff.

I mean, Switch being a portable aside, Smash is the best selling fighting franchise in Japan for awhile now. No other fighting game series will be doing numbers like that .

Top Bottom