• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 4: New Year, Old Arguments

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'd rather Falco go rather than Wolf simply because I want more villains in Smash.

ffdgh

We still have three top contender titles for next OT.

1. Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 5: Sakurai wins by doing absolutely nothing
  2. Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 5: Yoshi is Missing!
  3. Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Thread 5: Ridley Me This -- Where's Yoshi?

Oh no I like it. It's quite true lol.

jnWake

I'm surprised that there isn't any mention of Other M in the cycle...

Anyway, 4th thread already... This moves fast!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Super Smash Bros

Super Smash Bros Melee

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Super Smash Bros 4

MQbKpag.jpg

ikBI0AUnOVcVb.png

I would like to post it here so we can keep track of the series' trailers.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I just updated the stage list.

Super Smash Bros. 3DS

Battlefield

P3festC.jpg

Spirit Train

vAJrpnR.png

G3u2svm.png

Arena Ferox

ICFGtuL.png

N87TNsu.jpg

Gerudo Valley

QODHPXK.png

Kid Icarus: Uprising Reset Bomb Stage

ag7abaM.jpg

Nintendog Stage

BXPYkMC.png

Super Mario 3D Land Stage

5NeTe4E.png

EmsEm6V.jpg

sYc5IGj.png

StreetPass Quest Stage

GIPcvIx.jpg

Animal Crossing 3DS stage

jOe2yK7TdkmNW.jpg

Mario Kart 7's Rainbow Road
BWUl7UE.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Wii U

Battlefield

3b8ByPJ.jpg

QvwA4gJ.jpg

Pyrosphere

2DByMUc.jpg

Smash Dojo Arena

qSyl8Eh.png

D9idZh8.jpg

Dr. Wily's Castle

EY9hKdl.png

kxf2XLn.jpg

Garden of Hope

z4A4myu.jpg

Rf1HXPd.png

qraHK3e.jpg

Skyloft

uW4A4bz.png

zUtoFDw.png

Av0xk4y.jpg

Smashville II

gHxCJoE.jpg

f53wo9d.jpg

Wii Fit Training Room

mRv13QC.png

IutQhNZ.jpg

Pilotwings - Wuhu Island Stage

CvvMydV.jpg

uSvT8iE.jpg

iRmuYt5.jpg

CpDF9S2.jpg

P573Js9.jpg

Windy Hill Zone

ZXZ9l6K.jpg

WmV48f2.png

PcOUyt0.jpg

Super Mario Galaxy stage

zlCfzRMJyR88QK9Yo5

zlCfzRMJy9APSdORn5

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Green Shell, Fire Flower, Pokeballs and Assist Trophy don't have pictures yet but I will update those when they release the images.

Super Smash Bros Items

Smash Ball

l2AuzHk.png

Capsules

p4unfyq.jpg

Ray Gun

QaQgBVr.jpg

Poke Ball

wUIq4RZ.jpg

X Bomb

XXpRwrO.jpg

Spaceship Bomb

Ie5yE3w.jpg

Torpedo Gun

zlCfzROD37ks9Fntyz

Assist Trophies

Skull Kid

jbbv1p2Cc8ZI9a.jpg

Nintendog

j0USRWYxWqsJ3.jpg

Azure J

Inspired by Watch The Birdie's post, my barest minimum returning/newcomer list looks like:

- Palutena (Kid Icarus)
- Takamaru (Mystery at Murasame Castle)
- Anna/Tharja (Fire Emblem)
- Little Mac (Punch-Out)
- Mewtwo (Pokemon)
- Isa Jo/Katchi (Sin & Punishment)
- Shulk (Xenoblade)

If Sakurai wants to do me a solid with a Christmas miracle and include Mike Jones (StarTropics), that'd put me so far over the moon. I also like the idea of Pac-Man showing up and would love it if Nintendo got Square to donate a figure so ll the old school JPN houses had something going on in this one. I also back Captain Syrup for the sake of getting more Wario Land into the mix, but I dunno how far that's going to go anymore.

Berordn

Because Snake is obviously not getting cut. Duh.

let me dream...

Eh, people were crying doom and gloom for Sonic up until he showed up again. I wouldn't call it curtains for Snake until the game is finally out (or we get a true confirmation from the source).

Drago

Eh, people were crying doom and gloom for Sonic up until he showed up again. I wouldn't call it curtains for Snake until the game is finally out.
Personally, I think he will still be in the game, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was axed. He's definitely the most likely cut IMO.

emb

Alright SmashGAF, when do these pics usually go up (lately)? Seems like I've heard of it being whenever, from like 2:00 - 6:00 EST. Is there a typical timeframe?

Now that I'm actually off work on a couple of weekdays, I feel compelled to stay up for the nothing.

Drago

Alright SmashGAF, when do these pics usually go up (lately)? Seems like I've heard of it being whenever, from like 2:00 - 6:00 EST. Is there a typical timeframe?

Now that I'm actually off work on a couple of weekdays, I feel compelled to stay up for the nothing.
Usually around 2am EST.

SmithnCo

It's almost always around 2 AM EST lately.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

2AM (Sometime 1:30AM to 2:45AM)

Watch Da Birdie

Looking over those Stages, I totally forgot there was the Kapp'n Boat Level.

We also have that one "mystery" level from the initial trailer with the Water Wheel and everything. Any clue what that is? Donkey Kong Returns 3DS?

Bringing the small discussion from irc to here:

Since there have been no signs of Gamecube-esque controllers coming, which control style are you gonna play smash 4 with?

Im safe since I mastered Wii mote+Nunchuck combo, but would give the Wii U Pad Pro a shot. Oh and obviously with 3DS....

SmithnCo

Since there have been no signs of Gamecube-esque controllers coming, which control style are you gonna play smash 4 with?

Im safe since I mastered Wii mote+Nunchuck combo, but would give the Wii U Pad Pro a shot. Oh and obviously with 3DS....

I'll use the WiiU Pro controller or the Mayflash Gamecube adapter. Probably try to get used to Pro because there are no wires.

Watch Da Birdie

I'm kind of wondering if they could work it out so you could play the Wii U version using the 3DS as a controller, like Pokemon Battle Revolution did with the Wii-DS, just so you could practice using both control methods simultaneously.

I really hope they have some sort of bonus link features for people who "double dip", like exclusive Trophies or something.

Codeblue

Given the amount of time I've historically sunk into Smash games, the 80 hour battery life of the Pro Controller seems like the way to go.

J@hranimo

Banned

I've been thinking about this lately and at first I was going to get the GC adapter so I can continue to play with the GC controller, but then I thought about trying the Wii U Pro controller. I'm willing to try and let go of the 'ol reliable controllers and move forward.

Top Bottom