• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabster92

Insaniac said:
but the first time he gets dizzy it looks like he either blasts some item that comes out of the box, or it is his attack itself...

hmm...true maybe it had to do with how close falcon was to him when he did that blast? The other times seem more likely to be from the pokemon since both guys on that level were dizzy.

Jiggy

Ashley would be awesome and totally viable for fighting, and so would Kat & Ana. Or at least that's what I think without having ever played a WarioWare game. >_> Design-wise, I really like Mona, but I'm guessing there's not much she could do other than, like, throw food--which would be 100% super fantastic, but considering that Sakurai didn't even want to put in an Animal Crossing character, I'm guessing he wouldn't want the joke moveset either. :(

Jiggy37 said:
Ashley would be awesome and totally viable for fighting, and so would Kat & Ana. Or at least that's what I think without having ever played a WarioWare game. >_> Design-wise, I really like Mona, but I'm guessing there's not much she could do other than, like, throw food--which would be 100% super fantastic, but considering that Sakurai didn't even want to put in an Animal Crossing character, I'm guessing he wouldn't want the joke moveset either. :(

B: Monkey
Smash B: Vespa
Up B: Corkscrew
Down B: Perfume
Final Smash: Mona's Pizza

IT LIVES

What about her baton, Snitch? The cheer leading outfit is a whole alt costume in itself. She could use that as either up B or forward B, throwing it at an arc.

Jiggy

Also, I know I've said it already, but I really, really hope that (assuming they can't do the third-party megablowout roster) they do start dipping into obscure characters for SSB4 in ~2017. Smash has enough of a following by now that it doesn't have to rely on first-tier famous characters; Smash can pull in whatever characters it wants, and people who don't know who those characters are would be more than happy to find out for the first time.

Nobody's going to say, "What, who's Mona, who's Saki, who's Black Shadow, who's Lip, who's Jill, get these losers out of the game." It didn't happen to Pit or Mr. Game & Watch or Ness or Lucas or Captain Falcon, and it probably wouldn't have even happened to Ice Climbers if most people didn't have trouble controlling them. It probably won't even happen to ROB. People love recognizable names and new characters as well. I don't think there's any reason to fear pulling out very secondary characters for the next roster.

Edit:
Wait, Mona has a cheerleading outfit and a baton? Clearly I don't know enough about WarioWare. :eek: I just thought she was a pizza delivery girl.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jiggy37 said:
Also, I know I've said it already, but I really, really hope that (assuming they can't do the third-party megablowout roster) they do start dipping into obscure characters for SSB4 in ~2017. Smash has enough of a following by now that it doesn't have to rely on first-tier famous characters; Smash can pull in whatever characters it wants, and people who don't know who those characters are would be more than happy to find out for the first time.

Nobody's going to say, "What, who's Mona, who's Saki, who's Black Shadow, who's Lip, who's Jill, get these losers out of the game." It didn't happen to Pit or Mr. Game & Watch or Ness or Lucas or Captain Falcon, and it probably wouldn't have even happened to Ice Climbers if most people didn't have trouble controlling them. It probably won't even happen to ROB. People love recognizable names and new characters as well. I don't think there's any reason to fear pulling out very secondary characters for the next roster.

Other than that there are still plenty of decently popular characters out there. The fanbase speaks

She also sings, incase you didnt know!!!!!!!!!!!

Jiggy

What does Wikipedia say?

Mona is a high school student with a different part-time job in each game. Mona is quite adventurous, and savvy. She thinks Wario is always one degree ahead of cool, and likes money. She always seems to be late to wherever she is going, and often speeds on her scooter to make up for this. She starts out working as a "the Gelateria", and moves on to being an ice cream girl, a waitress at Sora sora Diner, a pizza delivery worker at Mona Pizza, the bassist of a fairly popular rock band called Mona and the Hot Slices, and a cheerleader.
:O

Freaking freak, I can see the potential right now. RIGHT NOW. :eek: Mona is now on my list of characters to campaign for in SSB4 over the next eight years.

jman2050

A few notes on the music

- Ashley's Song (both versions) are WAY too catchy for their own good
- Ditto for Mona's Pizza
- It's absolutely amazing what a simple rearrangement on better hardware can do, as the Dialga/Palkia theme jumped straight from 'awesome' on DS to 'legendary' on Wii (no pun intended)
- Screw the haters, The Stickerbrush Symphony rearrangement is awesome.
- TETRIS THEMES! BOTH OF THEM!
- Why couldn't they remix more Sonic music than just Angel Island? :< Oh well, at least Super Sonic Racing is in
- Final Destination is too awesome for words. Best original song in the game easy. SSE battle theme comes a close second.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
jman2050 said:
A few notes on the music

- Ashley's Song (both versions) are WAY too catchy for their own good
- Ditto for Mona's Pizza
- It's absolutely amazing what a simple rearrangement on better hardware can do, as the Dialga/Palkia theme jumped straight from 'awesome' on DS to 'legendary' on Wii (no pun intended)
- Screw the haters, The Stickerbrush Symphony rearrangement is awesome.
- TETRIS THEMES! BOTH OF THEM!
- Why couldn't they remix more Sonic music than just Angel Island? :< Oh well, at least Super Sonic Racing is in
- Final Destination is too awesome for words. Best original song in the game easy. SSE battle theme comes a close second.

Mona Pizza is amazingly catchy...only a couple songs like Theme of Love, Calling to the Night, Snowman, FD v2 and the Song of Storms/Ganon's Theme/Serenade of Water combo medley beat it

A moves for Mona should be cheerleading

One of her B moves need to use her animal buddies

Final Smash should be Mona's Pizza, that uses a flying Vespa scooter.

B should be rocking out.

HURGHT said:
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but it's more or less the SSBB equivalent of the secret Corneria taunts from Melee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qrCRrxbEnE

also: Guess that's where Krystal's voice actor factors in.

Krystal sounds extremely sexy in that video.

Did Sakuraba arrange the Starwolf theme?

This makes me want a real, good Starfox game... badly. :( Get Sakurai to make the next Starfox, damnit.

Meloche

If we're talking about future playable Warioware characters, the only right answer is Pyoro... who I was really hoping to see as an AT in Brawl. D:

Firestorm

How you any of you guys like Super Sonic Racing, Seven Rings in Hand, or Sonic Heroes. I dont' get it. They're not even cheesy funny. They're just bad.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Firestorm said:
How you any of you guys like Super Sonic Racing, Seven Rings in Hand, or Sonic Heroes. I dont' get it. They're not even cheesy funny. They're just bad.
Super Sonic Racing is fun. Reminds me of the cartoon. Its very Early 90s

Firestorm

HK-47 said:
Super Sonic Racing is fun. Reminds me of the cartoon. Its very Early 90s

So it's the "everything was better when you were 12 years old. You, just you. When you were 12, that was the best time on earth" thing?

jman2050

Firestorm said:

I think I have found a new enemy.

Linkhero1

Firestorm said:
Must agree don't like them at all.

Firestorm

jman2050 said:
I think I have found a new enemy.

Sorry dude. Still can't get over how shit like this got over Flying Battery Zone, Sandopolis, Hydro City, Chemical Plant, any boss theme, and the dozens of other amazing tracks. The thing I was hyped about most with regards to Sonic was the music.

Linkhero1

Firestorm said:
Sorry dude. Still can't get over how shit like this got over Flying Battery Zone, Sandopolis, Hydro City, Chemical Plant, any boss theme, and the dozens of other amazing tracks. The thing I was hyped about most with regards to Sonic was the music.
I was upset they didn't include Chemical Plant. That's the only one I really wanted to be in the game.

On another note I also wanted Original Stickerbrush OST to go with the remix. :(

Firestorm

WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN YET MY FEET DON'T TOUCH THE GROUND.
SEE THE WORLD SPINNING UPSIDE DOWN
A MIGHTY CRASH WITHOUT A SOUND.

SONIC HEROES
SONIC HEROES

WHAT YOU CAN'T FIND YOU CAN FIND IN YOUR FRIENDS

SONIC HEROES
SONIC HEROES

;_;
God I should not have picked the Sonic music to listen to with a headache.

Firestorm said:
WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN YET MY FEET DON'T TOUCH THE GROUND.
SEE THE WORLD SPINNING UPSIDE DOWN
A MIGHTY CRASH WITHOUT A SOUND.

SONIC HEROES
SONIC HEROES

WHAT YOU CAN'T FIND YOU CAN FIND IN YOUR FRIENDS

SONIC HEROES
SONIC HEROES

;_;
God I should not have picked the Sonic music to listen to with a headache.
Cry MOAR

Everyone's already gotten tired of videos, speculation, and listening to the soundtrack. With still more than a month to go, we've only got two options: complain or look to the future!

Agony

Jiggy

Well, I managed to bring the soundtrack down to my top 67!

Also, thanks to the inspiration of Mona, I just went through and set up a system of classification in which, based on many factors including (and not limited to) villain status, having a model already existing in a Smash game, being a viable clone, being in an underrepresented series, the potential for an original moveset, whether they would bring with them the soundtrack of a superb series, whether they have absolutely no chance of getting in regardless of how hard I wish, and of course personal fanaticism, I've figured out the hierarchy of which of my 45 current most-wanted characters for Super Smash Bros. 4 I should campaign for most.

It is fun.

And yes. I am going nuts due to the wait for Brawl.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Yes you are, Jiggy. Yes you are.

Oh, and the left side would easily win. The left has Ness, Lucas, Jigglypuff, Meta Knight, and King Dedede. As Bubsy would say, what could possibly go wrong?

Jiggy37 said:
Well, I managed to bring the soundtrack down to my top 67!

Also, thanks to the inspiration of Mona, I just went through and set up a system of classification in which, based on many factors including (and not limited to) villain status, having a model already existing in a Smash game, being a viable clone, being in an underrepresented series, the potential for an original moveset, whether they would bring with them the soundtrack of a superb series, whether they have absolutely no chance of getting in regardless of how hard I wish, and of course personal fanaticism, I've figured out the hierarchy of which of my 45 current most-wanted characters for Super Smash Bros. 4 I should campaign for most.

It is fun.

And yes. I am going nuts due to the wait for Brawl.

Did you make a SSB4 roster before the leaks even began?

AppleMIX

Firestorm said:
I just realized there's no Galaxy track in this game.

I think that it's because Galaxy came out just a couple months before brawl, also there isn't a Metroid Prime 3: Corruption track either.

Firestorm

Metroid assist trophy yay =/
edit: wait it's alot of assist trophies. not bad. great metroid model
edit2: this isn't the dojo thread

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Um, I'm pretty sure you can only have three local players in an online match. Otherwise, it wouldn't exactly be much of an online match. >_>

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
EnjoyIncubus said:
4 players can play online locally? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of playing online in the first place?
Oh didn't know you were talking online. I think as much as three can play. Most I've seen in videos was IGN playing with two people on each console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom