• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minsc

Gold Member
fusoya59 said:
Okay so guys.

Serious question:

Will I be able to go into a store, purchase SSBB, and walk out opening day?

You would think stores would be smart enough to order more copies than they have pre-orders by a significant amount. Even so, I think odds are against you. RE4:WE was actually sold out 1st day if you didn't get to the stores early in my area.

Firestorm

fusoya59 said:
Okay so guys.

Serious question:

Yeah. Same with a Wii.

Seriously though, I'm not sure. You could easily walk into a store and pick up Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and Super Mario Galaxy day 1 so I wouldn't worry too much. It's Christmas that really kills Nintendo games. I remember looking for weeks to find Animal Crossing Wild World and searching many stores for Mario Kart DS.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
fusoya59 said:
Okay so guys.

Serious question:

I've never pre-ordered a Nintendo release and have always gotten the major ones day one. With the delay, I doubt Brawl is any different. You should be able to walk in and get one somewhere, but don't come crying back to me if you don't. :)

Jiggy

Gamer @ Heart said:
What exctly do i click on that site. I cant seem to get the real file downloaded.
Right-click/save the "Download the Torrent" button, then use Bittorrent or any other torrent program to open the file that you saved, and that'll start the download.

ggnoobIGN said:
I've never pre-ordered a Nintendo release and have always gotten the major ones day one. With the delay, I doubt Brawl is any different. You should be able to walk in and get one somewhere, but don't come crying back to me if you don't. :)

Well, I know from talking to the manager of my local Gamestop that they had filled preorders months ago and would only be getting that. I imagine the first place you need to hit is a Target or Walmart or some place that doesn't do preorders.

Jiggy37 said:
Right-click/save the "Download the Torrent" button, then use Bittorrent or any other torrent program to open the file that you saved, and that'll start the download.

Yeah, i figuered that out finnaly and Ares has been searching for users with it for the last 20 minutes to no avail. :(

Are there any other sites hosting it directly?

Formless

SixStringPsycho said:
Hay Guyz, look at my ZUNE

P1020755.jpg
Could you upload that album art?

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I've got a preorder at my local EB Games, and if they don't have one for me launch day, I'm canceling my preorder and sauntering right on over to the Future Shop in the same complex. And if they don't have it, it's off to the nearby Superstore. And if they don't have it...

Well, I'll figure something out. >_>

turk128

Gamer @ Heart said:
Yeah, i figuered that out finnaly and Ares has been searching for users with it for the last 20 minutes to no avail. :(

Are there any other sites hosting it directly?
It's over a gig... not many sites will host it directly since it'll probably be take down real quick.

Go download µTorrent and get a well seeded torrent here at Mininova. (Since the Piratebay tracker seems to be down...)

celebi23 said:
What's an awesome OST without some awesome album art :lol This is a WIP. Might update it some more later tomorrow. It's 600x600 pixels, 72 dpi. Should show up nice in iTunes or any other music playing software.

Enjoy
SuperSmashBrosBrawlOSTCover.png
Here it is. Thx to celebi23

DarkKyo

I don't want to brag, but mine came in the mail today. So happy.
nohmyscience.jpg

Finishing my mod-job tomorrow for some Brawl goodness. :D

Firestorm

I forgot if it was answered, but people here were asking if stamina can be adjusted? Yes it can be adjusted between 1 and 300 HP. You can set the HP number for each person playing individually.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Firestorm said:
I forgot if it was answered, but people here were asking if stamina can be adjusted? Yes it can be adjusted between 1 and 300 HP. You can set the HP number for each person playing individually.
Woot. Did you check that thing out about Bowser that I asked? Also does Jiggly still have her rising pound?

Firestorm

HK-47 said:
Woot. Did you check that thing out about Bowser that I asked? Also does Jiggly still have her rising pound?

I only played Jigglypuff twice and the stages were Big Blue and Electroplankton. I felt that the b-air didn't have as much range as before but that might be because I'm not a very good Jiggs player. Didn't really check rising pound.

I tried to do Bowser but the one map I chose him for turned out to be Yoshi's Island (SSBM) :lol

allreal

i was looking at the gametrailers video with all the game modes and noticed the vault where they had all the old school games. what is that? connected with vc? or small levels?

Firestorm

allreal said:
i was looking at the gametrailers video with all the game modes and noticed the vault where they had all the old school games. what is that? connected with vc? or small levels?

timed demos stored on disc.

Rotanibor Eht said:
Have any stores said anything about doing midnight launches yet?

I preordered at my local Gamestop and the register monkey said they'd definitely be doing a midnight launch. Take that for what it's worth.

Christopher

I have Amazon Prime and I notice that if I ever order anything in advance it always comes the first day it comes out - should try it folks, day one at your door :eek:

DeceitDecide said:
I preordered at my local Gamestop and the register monkey said they'd definitely be doing a midnight launch. Take that for what it's worth.

Same here, if there are enough preorders, midnight launch.

Jiggy

Firestorm said:
I forgot if it was answered, but people here were asking if stamina can be adjusted? Yes it can be adjusted between 1 and 300 HP.
Awesome. Would have liked to go to 999, but I'll take this.
Also, can you have multiple lives in Stamina?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I would just like to say that Brawl is FUCKING AWESOME.

<3 Metaknight and Pit.

*goes back to playing his friends in the dorms*

sooo much content

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Jiggy37 said:
Awesome. Would have liked to go to 999, but I'll take this.
Also, can you have multiple lives in Stamina?

Just checked... unless I'm missing it: no, I don't see a way. (The stock options are grayed out)

Iam Canadian

Rotanibor Eht said:
Have any stores said anything about doing midnight launches yet?

I was just at EB yesterday and I actually asked them this. The guy on duty said maybe, they weren't sure yet.

They had darn well better.

JoeFu

Banned
How do i associate that image with all the songs in the folder with iTunes?

I can do it with windows media player, but it doesn't really do anything when I transfer the folder into itunes, still no album artwork. Any easy way of doing this?

JoeFu

Banned
JoeFu said:
How do i associate that image with all the songs in the folder with iTunes?

I can do it with windows media player, but it doesn't really do anything when I transfer the folder into itunes, still no album artwork. Any easy way of doing this?

lol, nvm i got it to work

Feep

Banned
Hay guyz I played Brawl LOLZ

Impressions from a casual Smasher:

It was pretty crowded over my Japanese buddy's place, so I got maybe 12, 15 matches in. I essentially tried out most of the new characters, sans Toon Link, ROB, Wolf (not unlocked), Dedede and Pokemon Trainer (looked lame).

Sonic - Jesus, all his B-moves are the same damn thing. Feels even floatier than the rest of the cast (the game is floaty as hell), Final Smash seems overpowered and lasts forever and a half. His running A is excellent, and has decent aerials.

Diddy - My personal favorite of the night. Varied attacks, I love me some cartwheel, cool FS. I can see myself maining him, and no, I don't really care about "tiers" as a casual smasher.

Ike - I can see tons of people maining this guy, but he's just too sluggish for me. His charged side-B is spectacular, and while the up-B sword-throw thing looks cool, isn't very effective. Marth, on the other hand, is as brilliant as ever.

Olimar - Extremely interesting. I didn't do well with him, but I feel like he has a lot of potential. In a four-player match, I simply could NOT take time to think about Pikmin order and their own individual effects, and besides, it's difficult to see which Pikmin is in front anyway when everything's moving around chaotically. Still, very cool.

Snake - meh.

Metaknight - His gliding has inverted controls, which will take getting used to, but a very solid character all around. He needs a good smash move, but I was unable during the one match I played to land a down-A smash, so maybe that one's good...

Pit - Insane recovery, of course, but has a lack of effective attacks. I felt like I was playing not to die, instead of to kill.

Zero Suit Samus - a bizarre character. Doesn't feel much like a Smash character to me, to be honest: her "smash" attacks are merely whip-stuns which hardly have any knockback, her gun's range is extremely limited. She seems to have an effective comboing system, but since I only had one round and I'm not very good, I couldn't really figure her out. Plus, the randomness of Final Smashes means you better be good with both. Eschew FS, and you'll lose.

General thoughts - gameplay is extremely similar to Melee, probably moreso for a casual than a hardcore. The Final Smashes are incredibly unbalanced both in the game and character-to-character, but you know, they're still tons of fun. Super Sonic and the Landmaster both stuck out as ridiculously good. In a 2-minute timed match, they're almost an instant win as long as some crazy shit doesn't happen.

The new characters are fun. I have no problems with this roster.

The new items and assist trophies are excellent, and generally create far more chaos than in Melee. The three-part thing (Dragoon?) is a spectacular addition, and in my opinion is even more fun than fighting for the FS, which seems highly random.

The Ancient Ruins stage is brilliant. The flat surface will eventually be broken to allow easier access to the lower level. If Dialga appears, a massive Hyper Beam (Roar of Time, I guess) will completely decimate anyone on the lower layer, while Palkia will flip the level and invert your controls. Very cool. Other cool stages: new Pokemon Stadium, Mushroomy Kingdom, and man, Final Destination's music is so epic. Hated Shadow Moses Island and that upwards waterfall one.

The night was brilliant. Can't wait for this one.

Edit: Wario was gay

Jiggy

Everyone comments that it feels floatier, but I wonder if I'll even notice considering that I mained Jigglypuff and had Luigi and Ice Climbers as two of my secondaries. I guess the likes of Falco and Ganondorf will feel really different, though.

MrCheez said:
Just checked... unless I'm missing it: no, I don't see a way. (The stock options are grayed out)
Aww... Oh well, thanks. :D

*goes to hold out hope that it becomes an unlockable option later >_>*

MrCheez

Jiggy btw, you probably already know this... buuuuuuuut:

I unlocked Jigglypuff and her alternate costumes are:

- Big green nightcap (so awesome)
- White and red hat
- Really large straw hat
- Big red flower under her right ear

I am REALLY disappointed that they took out the bandana... no more Ninja Puff :( But all of her accessories are really large and noticeable at least. Oh also her eyes change color with each costume. (Blue, teal, green, etc)

Iam Canadian

Ninja Jigglypuff was awesome. :(

I think, like, 99% of the times I used Jigglypuff were with her Ninja Puffball getup.

Dreavus

Firestorm said:
An interesting "glitch" (could be intentional?) that Young Link can do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnRmDoJm0VI
Apparently Ice Climbers, G&W, Sonic, ZSS, and Sheik can do it too. I'm not sure exactly how it works but I hope we find out soon. I can see good recovery options coming out of this.

Whoa now that's cool... It probably has something to do with the way their down aerials "propel" them downwards. With upwards momentum counteracting their downward attack it results in... anti gravity? :lol

Firestorm said:
Also, you probably shouldn't get caught in a tumble against Falco =/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwaa_Lt9sqQ

Couldn't you just DI out of this? It looks to me like a DI away or downwards would mess the timing up just enough to let Snake hit the ground. It didn't look like he was trying to move at all. (He's probably an empty second player there for testing purposes.)

Jiggy

MrCheez said:
Jiggy btw, you probably already know this... buuuuuuuut:

I unlocked Jigglypuff and her alternate costumes are:

- Big green nightcap (so awesome)
- White and red hat
- Really large straw hat
- Big red flower under her right ear

I am REALLY disappointed that they took out the bandana... no more Ninja Puff :( But all of her accessories are really large and noticeable at least. Oh also her eyes change color with each costume. (Blue, teal, green, etc)
I had seen the first three, but somehow the alternate costumes video I saw either skipped over the flower or I just missed it. :eek: Yay for the return of the flower.

But anyway, boo for the absence of ninja Jigglypuff and classic hair bow Jigglypuff. Still, I saw a video of straw hat Jigglypuff in action and she is sublimely supremely superb and great. I just want to actually see the nightcap in action instead of just on the character selection screen so I can pass judgment on whether the headband and bow combination have been beaten or simply tied. D:

Edit: Also, excuse me while I go panic that the NA version of Brawl will be delayed again to fix the down air glitch.

Jiggy37 said:
I had seen the first three, but somehow the alternate costumes video I saw either skipped over the flower or I just missed it. :eek: Yay for the return of the flower.

But anyway, boo for the absence of ninja Jigglypuff and classic hair bow Jigglypuff. Still, I saw a video of straw hat Jigglypuff in action and she is sublimely supremely superb and great. I just want to actually see the nightcap in action instead of just on the character selection screen so I can pass judgment on whether the headband and bow combination have been beaten or simply tied. D:

Edit: Also, excuse me while I go panic that the NA version of Brawl will be delayed again to fix the down air glitch.

You can't decide how the nightcap is until you use Rest.

Jiggy

A Link to the Snitch said:
You can't decide how the nightcap is until you use Rest.
I can decide what I want! :D

Error said:
wario sucks? :(
Well, Feep only said that Wario was "gay," which doesn't imply--
--wait, there's a Crushed joke getting set up there.

But seriously, he said he was a casual smasher, so who knows what Wario's really like. >_>

Edit: Also, since I'm now at the top of a new page: if the NA version of Brawl is delayed again to fix the down air glitch, I'm blaming Firestorm. :(

MrCheez

The nightcap is REALLY big and awesome looking. It's green with a white puffball at the end of it. You'll like it Jiggy :)

Wario isn't bad. I think the main aspect of him that most people will dislike is that there are plenty of times during the match where you don't have access to TWO of your B moves. (You cannot call your motorcycle when it's already out on the stage or if it was destroyed recently. And you cannot use the fart for a little bit after using it once)

The fart is actually a little underwhelming.. I haven't seen it do much damage or knockback, even at high percents. Although it does allow you to fly pretty high. The bike doesn't seem to do great damage or knockback either, unfortunately :( It's really fun and hilarious though.

Wario's Up-B actually acts a lot like Samus' screw-attack. (Multi-hits) His bite move seemed pretty easy to catch people in, though I didn't notice any lingering garlic effect. (Wonder if they took that out?)

Ummm I've probably said mostly all negative things haven't I :lol He has some great attack animations (you know how Mario's fist and feet enlarge when striking? Wario has a head-attack where his entire head doubles in size :lol ) and he has powerful smashes, but he didn't feel particularly slow to me.

Oh his forward smash is the Wario Land shoulder-rush :)

I didn't really play him a whole lot, but he seemed decent... not great nor terrible.

Jiggy

Without even seeing it, I feel confident that I'll like Jigglypuff's nightcap better than the hats of Mario, Wario, Ness, Link, and Toon Link combined. (Can't add Luigi or Captain Falcon in there, though. They've got excellent headgear. Edit: Yes, Luigi's hat is better than Mario's or Wario's. This is because Luigi is supremely great and is the only true male star of the Mario series.)

MrCheez

Toon Link's "classic" color scheme sports the old-school yellow band on his hat. :O So great!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom