• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
Although uhmm... I find it kind of weird there's no announcer going "SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWWWLLLL" at the end of the video. It feels like something's missing...

Zeed

Banned
2w2po4o.gif

UNF UNF UNF UNF UNF

Fireblend said:
Although uhmm... I find it kind of weird there's no announcer going "SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWWWLLLL" at the end of the video. It feels like something's missing...
Maybe it's not the actual music, and the guy only recorded the video, then added the track.

I'm not gonna lie, I still think Melee's Intro was better. I would have rather had them have intros for each character like they did in the first two SSBs instead of SSE scenes...

But whatever, it's still pretty amazing. :D

EDIT: Also, there's no announcer saying the title of the game. :O

TheGreatDave said:
22 starters? Hmm. I'll only be playing as Wario but I would have liked more.

Nope Famistu confirmed a few days ago there would be 21 starters. Everything in that picture is a starter except Marth. :lol

Anywayz: I freaking love the intro! I love Marth and Ness's new looks! And the Green Hill Stage looks awsome!!

bounchfx

Vyse The Legend said:

ok, so going by this picture.. theres 22 starter characters and the 'random' block.

if you add two rows of 3 to each side.. thats 12 more.. which is 34...

not going in line with the 35 character rumor... so either theres 34... or there's more than 35.

they can't do 35. unless it takes the place of the white block, it just won't work.

any ideas?

PunjabiPlaya said:
I'm not gonna lie, I still think Melee's Intro was better. I would have rather had them have intros for each character like they did in the first two SSBs instead of SSE scenes...

Agreed, but that is the only reason why I think it's better. Not to saw SSE scenes are bad, but it would've been cooler if they created intro only footage.

Linkhero1

WiiRevolution1 said:
Nope Famistu confirmed a few days ago there would be 21 starters. Everything in that picture is a starter except Marth. :lol

Anywayz: I freaking love the intro! I love Marth and Ness's new looks! And the Green Hill Stage looks awsome!!
24 Actually including ZSS and Shiek. =P

bounchfx said:
ok, so going by this picture.. theres 22 starter characters and the 'random' block.

not going in line with the 35 character rumor... so either theres 34... or there's more than 35.

they can't do 35. unless it takes the place of the white block, it just won't work.

any ideas?
They could do 35 if they just add the 35th to the bottom row. It would space it out just like the other rows.

bounchfx said:

any ideas?

Add a new row at the bottom and keep it in descending shape, 35.

Zeep

bounchfx said:

any ideas?
35 blocks + 1 (random) = 36 blocks

36 blocks / 3 rows = 12 bocks per row

why doesn't that work?

Proven

Mockingbird said:
Agreed, but that is the only reason why I think it's better. Not to saw SSE scenes are bad, but it would've been cooler if they created intro only footage.

Ugh, I usually hate intro-only footage just because it usually depicts things that you'll never experience in the game. With that said, I prefer SSBB's intro over SSBM, although I can see why you like SSBM's more.

I just hope that they put in another "Special Movie" in the options like they did with Melee. No, I want two, one for just the starting roster and another for all of the unlockables.

Jiggy

Feep said:
According to my heavy statistical analysis, Jiggy changes his avatar once per 4.37 hours
How did I not notice this before? :lol
It's set to switch every 45 minutes.

Artanisix said:
Brawlcentral says Marth is unlocked by beating classic mode. So there you go.
What. Where is Jigglypuff? :mad: Hopefully making an epic appearance in Subspace Emissary, that's where. Only forgivable possibility!

Edit: Unless Brawlcentral has it wrong, and Marth is unlocked by beating Classic Mode with Ike while Jigglypuff is unlocked by beating Classic Mode with anybody except Ike.

How do we know we can't get super secret characters by highlighting the random select box and inputting stupid button codes a la Street Fighter Alpha?

PunjabiPlaya said:

EDIT: Also, there's no announcer saying the title of the game. :O

The thing about Melee's intro was that it implied that its various parts were congruant to some part of the game, possibly some undeveloped single player mode with cutscenes. I think it's obvious they wanted to go the SSE route with Melee, but simply ran out of time and all we got were the scattered completed levels.

It's great knowing that every scene in this intro is actually represented at some point during the game.

Talk about epic. It's a fanboy wet dream, and I don't really feel too bad about it.

Mockingbird said:
How do we know we can't get super secret characters by highlighting the random select box and inputting stupid button codes a la Street Fighter Alpha?

down, down, down, down, down, down, down, down, down- Unlocks Rambo.

Jiggy37 said:
What. Where is Jigglypuff? :mad: Hopefully making an epic appearance in Subspace Emissary, that's where. Only forgivable possibility!

Edit: Unless Brawlcentral has it wrong, and Marth is unlocked by beating Classic Mode with Ike while Jigglypuff is unlocked by beating Classic Mode with anybody except Ike.

Break the Targets, according to JP "leaker" from last week.

DeceitDecide said:
Why would Marth be a starter character? Doesn't that marginalize the inclusion of Ike as a newcomer?

And what happened to that leaked roster we saw last week? It had the exact same interface as this one, minus Marth. Was it a review copy of some sort?

MisterHero

Scalpel Knight said:
I wonder if Ness's moveset will be heavily altered from Melee, assuming that he and Lucas won't be "clones".
Lucas' moves are the ones that are different, but I wouldn't doubt some modifications for Ness.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
21 characters? That would actually jive well with the 35 total character rumor, since that would mean there would be 14 unlockables, just like in Melee. Personally, I think that's starting out with too many people, but it's coo, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom