• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superman Legacy Cast Adds Isabela Merced, Edi Gathegi and Nathan Fillion

Superkewl

Gold Member
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywoo...ter&utm_social-type=owned&mbid=social_twitter

"Superman Legacy, the movie that will mark the live-action rebirth of the DC Universe, has added three new actors to its cast, each of them playing a superhero with a long history in the comic books. Isabela Merced will play Hawkgirl, Edi Gathegi will be Mister Terrific and Nathan Fillion will portray a Green Lantern (although not necessarily the Green Lantern.)"

"Finally, Fillion—a mainstay of Gunn's movies who starred in the director's first movie, the 2006 horror-comedy Slither, and his most recent one, Marvel Studios' Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, will join him again in Superman Legacy as a Green Lantern named Guy Gardner. "

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Ugh.

So, another Black Adam in store for us all, then.

The audience doesn't give a shit about B-list superheroes. This film should concentrate on Superman... but instead we have yet another film in the 'let's push a shared universe over everything else'.

Soodanim

Gold Member
The only superhero (well, supersomething) franchise I am invested in right now are The Boys.
Marvel and DC can gtfo for all I care.
I was late to The Boys, but it was infinitely more interesting than MCU Phase 4 (aside from Spider-Man NWH)

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
People like Superman. And casual fans don’t know who those other people cast are portraying. DC need to make something special like the original Superman movie to strike it big, but I don’t think holly wood can do that anymore.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Isabel Merced is reaaalllll easy on the eyes but she is a TINY person, how is she gonna sell HAWKGIRL? A CG transformation? Yet another role that should be going to a big strapping lass yanked out of some gym and thrown on set.

Isabel would make for a good Zatanna (if Ana de Armas isn't available) or Doll Girl, no effects necessary :p Or honor her indigenous heritage and make her Dawnstar.

Top Bottom