• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surround / Eyefinity Multi-monitor Split Screen

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Anyone try this before? The basic idea is that you enable Nvidia Surround or AMD Eyefinity, use a vertical split for multiplayer split screen, and span the game across both monitors. If it works correctly you will get one screen for each player. The results are pretty amazing compared to the typical monitor share. The downside is that your menu UI is now stretched across multiple monitors.

You could also do this with a borderless window but you lose some performance. Here's an example:
UGjW5L3.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackops3/comments/3rtufl/

I play BLOPS 3 and Rocket League that way on the PC and it feels lux. There is a significant resolution drop on BLOPS 3 split screen on the PS4 on top of the smaller real estate. If you have the screens I suggest you give it a try.

Yudoken

Why not play on the same resolution to get fullscreen on both screens?

Either way I'm looking into it, I love multiple splitscreen gaming.

Screw developers removing splitscreen of pc versions instead investing a bit effort to allow 4p splitscreen.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Why not play on the same resolution to get fullscreen on both screens?

Either way I'm looking into it, I love multiple splitscreen gaming.

Screw developers removing splitscreen of pc versions instead investing a bit effort to allow 4p splitscreen.
That's what you're essentially doing. You're playing at double the horizontal resolution. So if you have two 1080p screens you'd be playing at 3840x1080, which is 1920x1080 per screen. The improvement in IQ is massive compared to traditional split screen.

Yudoken

That's what you're essentially doing. You're playing at double the horizontal resolution. So if you have two 1080p screens you'd be playing at 3840x1080, which is 1920x1080 per screen. The improvement in IQ is massive compared to traditional split screen.

No I mean why do you have big black bars on your screens?
If your monitors have different native resolutions (like my 1080 tv and 1680x1050 monitor) I changed the resolution of my tv to match my monitor and changed the game resolution to 3360x1050 (2x1680).

I get fullscreen without black bars like this.

Top Bottom