• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor: Heroes vs Villains - Thursdays at 8:00pm ET/PT (beginning Feb. 4th)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B-Rad Lascelle said:
Speak for yourself, I think the dish balancing challenge is genius.
Colby put in an impressive showing by his standards for this season.
Parv continues to school the competition.

As for Russell learning anything from Nat last season, it's not like he knew she smoked him in the jury vote with her "ineffective gameplay" before returning to Samoa to tape Heroes vs. Villains. That's the main reason he's repeated so many of the same mistakes.

Amanda fell into the same trap with Fans vs. Favorites when she airballed two consecutive jury votes.
i didnt mean that challenge, i meant the challenges in general

NightHawk17 said:
i didnt mean that challenge, i meant the challenges in general
Well yeah... some of the challenges were a little lacking.
Survivor shuffleboard anyone?

Come to think of it, this season's rewards were a little lacking. We didn't even get a return of the Survivor auction.

I also miss the infamous "car winner curse".

Chris R

DrForester said:
Not even Alaska, but any place up in the mountains with a cool climate would make for a great change.
A Pacific Northwest season would be pretty damn cool. How cold was Survivor China?

Galang said:
Wow that last challenge was intense.... Looks like Parvati is going home. No way Russell takes her to end.
You wouldn't think so. But then, this is different than a Final 3 scenario where the immunity winner picks their tribal council opponent. Always the possibility of a firemaking tiebreaker challenge.

Meier

I can't believe they still do the same stupid torch walk thing. So dumb. Parvati walking up with the map was wow. :O We're behind so thankfully we could fast forward through it.. final immunity challenge. Come on Russell!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Idiot. Probably thinks Jerri's one vote would swing things, with Sandra getting a vote, allowing Parvati to not get a large majority.

Galang

Banned
WTF wow, can't believe he kept her. I'm not complaining ... lol at him basically saying he carried Parvati to the end. Gonna be an epic tribal!

Zombie James said:
Wait, wasn't this filmed right after the last one and before it got on TV? How did Russel know he already lost that one?
That's what I'm wondering. That didn't make any sense. I wonder if they edited it to make it sound that way or the interviewer made him say both scenarios. (He lost/He won.)

Galang

Banned
Maybe they told Russell he Lost Beforehand last season? He seemed pissed when Jeff was doing the vote reading the first time like he already knew he lost, despite being so confident during the gAme.

And lol... karma with burning the hat.

Galang said:
Maybe they told Russell he Lost Beforehand last season? He seemed pissed when Jeff was doing the vote reading the first time like he already knew he lost, despite being so confident during the gAme.

And lol... karma with burning the hat.
I don't think so, I'm sure that would be against protocol and possibly illegal. (There are a lot of strict rules that govern game shows and competitive reality TV.)

Gunloc said:
I don't think so, I'm sure that would be against protocol and possibly illegal. (There are a lot of strict rules that govern game shows and competitive reality TV.)

I don't know. I mean he did kind of look like he knew what was coming at the last finale.

And all along people have been mentioning what a huge disadvantage Russell had not knowing his strategy didn't work out, so the producers might have seen it that way beforehand....

FitzOfRage said:
I don't know. I mean he did kind of look like he knew what was coming at the last finale.

And all along people have been mentioning what a huge disadvantage Russell had not knowing his strategy didn't work out, so the producers might have seen it that way beforehand....
That would be pretty shady if the producers did that. I think the reason he looked so distraught is because he just watched the episode were everyone (deservedly) bagged on him.

Plus, from the way things are going right now, Russell is getting his just deserts from this jury. He was probably sitting in the previous finale knowing that he's not going to win his next season (which had already filmed) so he really wanted to win his first season. He even pleaded with Natalie to sell him the title.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Why doesn't Russel man up to his gameplay in the end? He should say things like, "I'm the one you all talked about in Ponderosa. I made all the decisions. I played as hard as i could to get to where I am and I stand behind it."

Instead, he's being incredibly meek. You can't do that.

These are some weak jury questions. They kept talking instead of letting the finalist answer questions. Egos, no surprise.

Galang

Banned
Well Russell stands less of a chance than I already thought... If it was even possible... But after witnessing that... :lol

eznark

Banned
I like watching the show, but the way it's decided is so fucking stupid. Let's turn a physical and mental competition into a crap shoot. Awesome. Sandra was totally worthless and will get more votes than Russell, who should be winning his second season.

Survivor = Mario Party

I'm thinking votes go this way right now...

Danielle - Parvati
Candice - Sandra
Rupert - Sandra
Courtney - Sandra
Jerri - Parvati
Coach - Parvati
Amanda - ????
Colby - ????
JT - ????

Timan

Developer
I'm done watching this show, this is gonna be the second time we get a jury full of cry babies. He's a villain for a reason.

haha at russell. i didnt want him to win but almost feel bad for not getting a vote.

good for sandra

EDIT pretty sure that reunion show is being held at david lettermans stage

unomas

Banned
Sandra did nothing to deserve the win, she pissed off less people. Lame, 2 seasons in a row where the wrong person one, and the weakest player of the remaining ones at that.

B-Rad Lascelle said:
You guys fail to realize that the mechanism to balance out jury pettiness is to PLAY THE GAME OF SURVIVOR WELL.

Yeah I know, you're right, I just get so tired of people complaining that they got double crossed before their double cross could go into effect.

How do you guys expect people on the jury to vote for Russel when he made everyone a target and did nothing to get people to like or trust him? Even his own damn alliance didn't trust him.

Diffense

Russell poisoned the jury pool by being too obnoxious.
Paravati got votes and she was as much responsible for many of the moves.
He just can't read the room and you have to, to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom