and

but he hurts his arm skiing and that's ok because

is FREE!

and also

but our income tax is like

percent

and sales tax is only 8% lower than that so

we're still sad :(

and that pretty much sums up the best country in the Swedish part of the former Swedish Empire.

So let's be Swedish you guys and spread the love and surströmmingslukt

MEETUPS

Let's have some Swedish-GAF meetups!

If you want to arrange a meetup, simply post about in in the thread along with a list people can fill out. I'll post it in the OP if you get any takers, if you want.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Apr 21, 2008
Argentina
Non Swedish here but im planning to visit Sweden next year. I want to see dem First World.

As soon as i land im gonna break an arm to check dat public healthcare system.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Jul 1, 2009
yes....yes I need more irl gaffers in my life

get your asses to Karlstad/värmland and I'll treat ya'll to the best moose of all time.

Dec 9, 2008
Gothenburg, Sweden
Finally!

Anyway, you should add a Gothenburg meetup to the OP, pretty sure there are a bunch of us here! Would be awesome.

I wish I could become a swedish citizen. It's a shame your language is so damn impenetrable, or at least it seems that way.
I don't know, I've witnessed people from countries such as Canada and Japan learn it pretty damn quickly. Also, everyone here speaks English, so it's not like you wouldn't be able to communicate with us until you've learned some Swedish.

Mar 25, 2007
Sweden
can somebody explain why Sweden is so damn expensive?
The krona is really really strong right now because we avoided a big part of the European financial crisis (more like financial abyss) by not using the Euro and being pretty smart about some stuff, and the dollar is pretty weak so if your American it will be especially expensive right now.

Jun 9, 2004
Sviden
I wish I could become a swedish citizen. It's a shame your language is so damn impenetrable, or at least it seems that way.
Lots of Dutch folks are moving here and they learn the language quite quickly. You are welcome to join us, we can use some skilled immigration! :)

I work with a British guy, he learned it pretty quickly too and I imagine it is harder for him than for a dutchman.

Dec 5, 2008

My breakfast wouldnt be the same without Wasa knäckebröd.

Truly the breakfast of champions!

Disney Dags also made my 4 year old self realize that the swedish TV was superior to its norwegian counterpart.