• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sweet Fuse: At Your Side |OT| Keiji Inafune wants to help you get laid

Nosgoroth

Not until tomorrow! :D

(It's in one of the News sections on the official site)

Wha-

It's true! So, how much is this? Is it compatible with Vita? Can I buy this and Spelunky tomorrow and still buy Rayman next week after buying TW101 last week? Can I survive financially? Can I clear my backlog?

Belisarius

Neo Member
Wha-

It's true! So, how much is this? Is it compatible with Vita? Can I buy this and Spelunky tomorrow and still buy Rayman next week after buying TW101 last week? Can I survive financially? Can I clear my backlog?

Yup, it's Vita-compatible, and the digital version is $24.99. The answers to the rest of your questions are probably "yes" as well.

Hakuoki was M, and that was just for the violence and blood. I think the most risque content in that game is Saitou running his hand through Chizuru's hair.
Harada also gets pretty frisky.

Sweet Fuse Gameplay trailer, for those waiting for your copies/still on the fence :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaAFJdIVIvg&feature=youtu.be
Thanks, adding to the OP.

...Anyone pick this up in Canada yet (Hours Left, I'm looking in your direction if you're getting a hard-copy).

Just asking since it's now only up for pre-order here, so I assume we're not going to get it until Thursday or next week... and Muramasa/VLR were right on time which was pretty great.
I ordered from Amazon.com to get the pre-order bonus and it's "shipping now", but the delivery date isn't until next week.

But someone has also very graciously gifted me a digital copy, so I'll be downloading it tonight. That way I can keep my physical copy nice and pristine. :)

godspoken

Just picked this game up at my local Gamestop! Figures, I'm the only one who pre-ordered there so they only got one copy, lol. But I'm proud to own it! Looks very nice on my shelve next to Hakuoki, VLR, and 999. Always eager to support VNs! Now it's time to start this baby. Last-minute Summer homework completion can wait!

Out for delivery my foot. Why you gotta lie, tracking info?
Probably won't be able to spend much time with the game until the weekend since work will be hectic the rest of the week.

Nexas

So any impressions on this? The premise definitely seems interesting to me, but I'd like to know if it is actually any good before I take the plunge.

Squire

Banned
Oh, I do too. I always prefer a good dub. But I'm also a realist, and I know a niche PSP game is not getting a dub in 2013.

Well, I'm a realist, too. Once they defied all expectations by daring to release this at all, I didn't rule anything out.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So any impressions on this? The premise definitely seems interesting to me, but I'd like to know if it is actually any good before I take the plunge.

I'm still in the first area but I'm glad it's a lot more fast-paced than say... Hakuoki.

godspoken

God dammit. Keep getting points for guys I don't want to hook up with.
Same happens to me but you get a couple opportunities each day to choose specifically who you want to hang out with, so I think we should be OK.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how hard it is to end up with who you want? Right now, I'm basically just choosing Shirabe for all of the split-ups and free time parts but I know that a lot of games penalize you for focusing too much on one person. Am I safe just going full-on Shirabe or would it be better to hang out with other guys sometimes?

pariah164

...WELL. (Stage/Day 3 SPOILERS)

- Well, Ayumu has a kid... Saki (or Reiko, as I named her) is gonna be one young step-mom.

- As of Urabe being revealed as the traitor and going AWOL, my selection for free time automatically went to Ayumu. Not sure if that's because of my affection status with him, or if it's story-locked since his kid appeared. Time will tell I suppose.

I was gonna go after Ryusei next, but Towa is starting to grow on me... WHY. Damned maternal instinct.

Cheska

Man I really really want to try this. I've been lingering in the PS store on and off debating if I should get it now or wait. I'm primarily worried that I won't enjoy it, since Hakuoki left such a bad taste in my mouth ;_;

Man I really really want to try this. I've been lingering in the PS store on and off debating if I should get it now or wait. I'm primarily worried that I won't enjoy it, since Hakuoki left such a bad taste in my mouth ;_;
What didn't you like about Hakuoki?

pariah164

As much as I loved Hakuoki... This is MUCH better. Lighter tone (despite the premise), awesome art, great music, and characters that (in my opinion) are much more desirable than Hakuoki's samurai. Even the story is pretty good and keeps my interest. I am already invested in most of the characters.

I love it. It's amazing.

Squire

Banned

I didn't play Hakouki, but this is really great. Totally charming.

How many stages are there, guys?

Cheska

What didn't you like about Hakuoki?

Honestly it was the how helpless Chizuru was. It didn't help that the game felt really slow and at times was extremely boring. And I generally love VN's, but even after getting a few different endings, I just can't say that I liked the game.

Honestly it was the how helpless Chizuru was. It didn't help that the game felt really slow and at times was extremely boring. And I generally love VN's, but even after getting a few different endings, I just can't say that I liked the game.
Well, Saki is the complete opposite of Chizuru. She's very self confident.

And the story has been moving at a very quick pace so far. The action starts pretty much right off the bat.

pariah164

As a tip... The rewind function is amazing and I love it. You can go back in the dialogue; it's great if you think you messed up a choice. And as far as I know, there are no penalties for doing so.

Man, I am totally engrossed already. Love it.

And I'm even getting some 999esque vibes, mainly due to the premise of the Count's "game". (The introduction scene also felt very Zero Escapish.)

pariah164

Man, I am totally engrossed already. Love it.

And I'm even getting some 999esque vibes, mainly due to the premise of the Count's "game". (The introduction scene also felt very Zero Escapish.)
With some Hunger Games lightly sprinkled in. "I VOLUNTEER!"

It is very engrossing. No sleep, only Sweet Fuse now.

Cheska

As much as I loved Hakuoki... This is MUCH better. Lighter tone (despite the premise), awesome art, great music, and characters that (in my opinion) are much more desirable than Hakuoki's samurai. Even the story is pretty good and keeps my interest. I am already invested in most of the characters.

I love it. It's amazing.

Well, Saki is the complete opposite of Chizuru. She's very self confident.

And the story has been moving at a very quick pace so far. The action starts pretty much right off the bat.

Friends, you've convinced me. Game has been bought, currently waiting to download so I can play on my Vita :D

Tagg9

Bit the bullet and bought it digitally. I have way too many games backlogged, but I can't pass this one up.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Aw, it has a Japanese dub, eh? Well, I suspected as much.

I think my buddies are going to be a little disappointed with that, though (since they can't understand a lick of Japanese; even if a game's JP voice + English subs they kinda stop caring after a while and ask me to stream something else :lol). They're mostly interested in it because it has Inafune in it in some capacity (they're all Mega Man/platformer fans).

I hope I get a copy soon, just so I can experiment with it in a streaming capacity (otherwise I'll just return to my regular stream game).

Labrys

This looks kinda Dangan Ronpa-ish but I know it's not going to be. I think I'm just hungry for another VN...
This looks really good, though. Probably going to buy it next month.

Tizoc

I am currently at work....away from the amazing hextet of heroes....

Some quick impressions-
1- At the start of the game there's a small typo, nothing major but I thought it was funny ;P No typos I noticed after that though.

2- Loving the characters, dialog and story, I like how Saki's
head resembles a bomb haha

3- Ryusei is the best Wingman ever

pariah164

Yelling at people is the best option. That is how I would respond. When I'm pissed, I have no filter.

Saki don't put up with no shit.

Top Bottom