• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Swery smacks down his own PR guy on Twitter over lack of demo

LilZippa

I don't get all the DAMN!!! responses.

He didn't smack anyone down. If anything he just reiterated what the guy said nobody knows right now least of all the guy who will decide. This tells me there is no plan for a demo.

Orca

Well SWERY wants people to play the game and we all know "there are no plans" means no, we won't be doing that you stupid fuck, buy the game or gtfo. SWERY was saying it's not up to them whether he releases a demo but it's up to him and from that tweet it seems like something he wants to do but then got annoyed that the publisher basically said no which could lead people to just ignore the game because they wanted a demo which they have been told wont be coming and would lead to fewer sales which would lead to no more D4 which would lead to a sad SWERY.

When has 'no current plans' EVER meant "no" lol

The guy was a dick to a PR guy just doing his job - responding to a fan with an answer that didn't deny the chance of a demo, but didn't promise one either, and encouraged them that 'we're listening to you guys' as well.

Do we know this for sure or is this what people are hoping is the case because they like Swery's games? I don't know either way I'm honestly asking.

this.

people keep saying "it's just a joke guys."

where is the evidence? now where was i? oh yeah

DAAAAAAMN! he told that boy to sit down LMAO!

Resilient

So there is a lot of outrage over this from people who spent 5 seconds reading the tweets..

Swery called out a game at his own company + is drunk. He was fucking around with him. There is no malice between publisher and developer.

People are saying it's a joke because:

Some people in this thread are acting like he insulted the guy's mother. Under this context, the tweet clearly reads as playful.

Because people are never assholes to people that work with/for them? Seems flimsy.

I agree its not a huge deal but the way this thread title is worded wpildnt make you think this was a simple case of swery acting like a moody jerk.

Also makes me wonder how some of the responses would be if this were cliffy b or David Jaffe or someone like that making a tweet like this. Not sure he'd get the "he's just a quirky/playful/possibly drunk game developer and you guys don't understand his humor" defenses.

You just PR bitch.

Dr-Dre-you-got-owned-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-251.gif

StoneFox

Seems like teasing to me. Swery always seems like a pretty chill dude and was probably just experiencing a suger high after eating a Sinner's Sandwich.

jem0208

Was Swery's tweet meant to be taken seriously? I thought it was a rather dull attempt at sarcasm...

I think the "asshole" comments are a little overboard...

I can't wait for this out of context tweet to be taken as the sole representation of Swery's personality and actions.

Oh, I'm 3 pages too late already...

duckroll

Because people are never assholes to people that work with/for them? Seems flimsy.

If someone is an ass to you on Twitter would you then proceed to retweet what he said, and retweet all the subsequent tweets of people going "WHOAAA!! SMACKDOWN!!!"? Even Playism's account got into the mix.

The only people being surprised here are those who aren't reading what is actually happening on the Twitter account. :p

If someone is an ass to you on Twitter would you then proceed to retweet what he said, and retweet all the subsequent tweets of people going "WHOAAA!! SMACKDOWN!!!"? Even Playism's account got into the mix.

The only people being surprised here are those who aren't reading what is actually happening on the Twitter account. :p

I don't understand twitter unless it's laid out neatly for me and with explanations like in the OP.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Soooo... does that mean a demo could be coming then? I sure hope so. It looks like my computer would be struggling to run the game, but I'd like a demo to confirm it...

Heh, who am I kidding, I'll buy it anyway. Worse case, I'll see it as a donation to Access Game / Swery and hope their next game ends up on WiiU/PS4!

Hagi

Also makes me wonder how some of the responses would be if this were cliffy b or David Jaffe or someone like that making a tweet like this. Not sure he'd get the "he's just a quirky/playful/possibly drunk game developer and you guys don't understand his humor" defenses.

Pretty sure they would get people jumping to "what an asshole!" just like in the last two pages. I must be missing the list of developers who don't get criticized for what they say. Even Kamiya gets shit on here and his twitter is full of him insulting people. :p

Storm360

I guess this is why my twitter feed was exploding earlier

I have no idea why I was even tagged in the tweet, I asked earlier if there is a chance of the press demo (10 Minute "adventure" gameplay and 3 minute "action") could be released.

Sendou

Yeah people underestimate the language barrier in situations like this.

Indeed. Making a joke or jesting is very hard in a language that is not native to you. I can't say what Swery's intention here is but that's something to keep in mind in general.

Tansut

A demo would be awfully nice for me; based on the required specs my PC is skirting the line of being able to play this.

popyea

It's probably Swery himself using the AG twitter and giving a publisher type response, and then pointing it out using his real twitter.

Garou

Um, since the original OP isn't around, why not update the OP?

What a dick. The PR guy nicely said that there were currently no plans for a demo and then Swery shits on the guy for politely telling the truth...exactly like a PR guy should be doing.

Gbraga

Eh, I love Swery, but that wasn't nice of him, the PR dude did nothing wrong.

EDIT: Ok, I'm an idiot who can't read, no one did nothing wrong then.

Arkam

Poor Swery, guy wants more people to be exposed to his game, but I can't say that calling out your publisher publicly is a smart move. (I'd say it's pretty dumb)

I'll never get why people air this shit over twitter.

Yea that was a Grade A bone head move and shows their maturity (or lack there of)
I would be sending some strong emails if any of my colleague tried to pull that crap. Respect is a two way street and people need to learn it.

Honestly I kinda want to backhand the person over it... just such an ass thing to say

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
It was all in good fun. We're the publisher, and we were sitting in the office laughing our asses off.

Read to me like the guy was having a bad day and snapped at someone.

I've spent quite a bit of time chilling with Swery at this point. Swery Isn't really the type.

Top Bottom