• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Force breaks embargo, leaks new ARMS characters

B00TE

Or a Gundam VS match with all Zeongs!

ikessaQ.gif

I am laughing so hard at this. This is amazing, never crossed my mind, holy shit.

TDLink

1. Doc Louis
2. Inklings (Despite marketing showing them as white.)
3. Twintelle

But that's technically Game Freak.

I see you're already moving the goal posts, but there are plenty of PoC in the Pokemon franchise as well as more minor Nintendo franchises like F-Zero, Metroid, Advance Wars, etc.

Also, I feel Ganondorf (and the Gerudo in general) are obviously a big aspect you're missing out on.

I haven't watched the gameplay, so I'll only comment on the character designs.

Twintelle adds some much needed color to cast. I was actually worried about the humanoid characters being too similar in skin tone, so I'm very happy to see her.

And Kid Cobra looks sick!

Like others have said, this game has got great designs.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Man, the character design of Arms is ridiculously good.

yo. Like Overwatch set the standard for success. you need marketable characters. Here's a character list for success

• Strong female type
  • Sexy female type
  • Stern, motherly type
  • Kid like female type
  • Strong male type
  • Lithe male, beautiful
  • Ninja male
  • Ninja Female
  • Wrestler, male
  • Wrestler, female
  • Superhero, male or female
  • Ninja rival, male or female

I could go on.

I understand character archetypes, and I understand the value of having a diverse cast. Whether we then need to go the next step forward and draw pictures of them having sex was my question.

aBarreras

I see you're already moving the goal posts, but there are plenty of PoC in the Pokemon franchise as well as more minor Nintendo franchises like F-Zero, Metroid, Advance Wars, etc.

Also, I feel Ganondorf (and the Gerudo in general) are obviously a big aspect you're missing out on.

just to clarify, PoC is person of color right? and this includes just african american folks? or does other races count?

XandBosch

As a Switch owner hungry for software, it will take a demo for me to be really interested in this game. It LOOKS really cool, but it also seems like a game that's impossible to really judge until you play it.

rhandino

Banned
1. Doc Louis
2. Inklings (Despite marketing showing them as white.)
3. Twintelle

But how do we know that Twintelle is not a tanned japanese woman?

I don't know how much anime you watch (I am an expert) but every time I see a dark skinned character in my animes and mangas I assume they are tanned because what else they could be?

HkJjJWD.gif

Each to their own. You don't have to look at them.

Well, we did have to create a separate "waifu/husbando" thread specifically so people could talk about Persona 5 without having to be inundated with this sort of stuff, so I would say there are times when I am in fact forced to engage with them.

However, if people want to do it, fine. I just don't understand the impulse to immediately go there with it. And I'll stop here too. I try to be a sex positive person about pretty much all things. This is one of those things I simply find bothersome as it always seems to crop up almost immediately when a female character appears.

mas8705

While it is nice to see what is probably the last couple of fighters in ARMS, I will still be very eager to see the direct here shortly. Main reason being was that while it was nice to see what I could describe as a robotic brit police and his companion (to which I love to know the gimmick behind how this works in the fight, alongside all the others that were revealed), the "Kid Cobra" snake like character, and what I found to be the most hilarious one of all: the "Prehensile Hair" fighter.

Still... it does suck that this happened right before the direct.

Nategc20

Banned
Holyshit, Nintendo really is trying to make this game a thing. I don't see it. Looks like a generic fighter.

Good luck ninty.

Damn shame about the leak, but I am absolutely loving the diversity in this roster. I never thought for a second one of the unrevealed characters would be a woman of color! Good stuff, Nintendo. :)

Riposte

Twintelle having actual arms is a serious betrayal to the concept they've been selling up to now, I feel.

There are like two posts which talk about waifus and three to four times as many complaining about them.

Twintelle having actual arms is a serious betrayal to the concept they've been selling up to now, I feel.

There are like two posts which talk about waifus and three to four times as many complaining about them.

Mechanica has actual arms as well, she just rides in a robot.

DKL

Holyshit, Nintendo really is trying to make this game a thing. I don't see it. Looks like a generic fighter.

Good luck ninty.

How much luck is actually needed? There's enough Switches out in the wild and I'm to understand that there isn't any other major Switch release during that month >_>

That said, if all else fails, I guess good guy Splatoon 2 can carry his team.

Top Bottom