• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch up on Amazon.de - 329,99€

Firemind

I sold my Wii U for 170 Euro and I have an amazon gift voucher of 180 Euro. So Switch is for free for me. Yes I could use the money differently, but I guess I am a Fanboy? 299 would be the perfect price, but 30 Euro difference is not that much. I also assume, that the price could drop couple of days before release. It was the case for the 3ds, I even got a free trash game, which sold directly.

The price for games seems to high and also for the pro controller. I don't know how the new one handles and if I need to buy the pro? Boom way above 400.

I am also worried about the color, I ordered neo and from some angles it looks interesting, but not sure if I will like.
I'm reluctant to sell my Wii U because I can't otherwise play those games. :lol

Fliesen

I'm reluctant to sell my Wii U because I can't otherwise play those games. :lol

seeng as how my wii U has been collecting dust for the last ... 5 months, i'd be lying to myself if i said that i still had a need for it. We had some great times, but i'd rather have someone else enjoy using the device than me just 'having' it. :/

Metal B

Slobbering that Switch knob. The PS4 is a better value proposition than the Switch and is cheaper to boot. When will you be preordering a third time?
If you only look at it on the most simply terms, maybe.
The PS4 isn't portable, doesn't has a screen and functions of the Joy controllers. Being portable means, there has to be sacrifices, which the PS4 can ignore. You can put much more stuff into the PS4 and have it eat more power as it wants. The Switch has great tech in it to archive its specif goals, which means less power hungry parts and having less size. Those part can be even more modern as the PS4.

Firemind

seeng as how my wii U has been collecting dust for the last ... 5 months, i'd be lying to myself if i said that i still had a need for it. We had some great times, but i'd rather have someone else enjoy using the device than me just 'having' it. :/
The thing is my backlog is huge. Still haven't finished Pikmin 3, Xenoblade X, Bayonetta 1+2, Wonderful 101. I wonder why I bought this system. :/

Theonik

PlmuLjV.png

Pre-Ordered both. Any German gaffer wants the one I don´t keep in case this thing becomes hard to get?
Did the exact same from UK Amazon. Let's see what the lowest price is gonna be... I'll either cancel one or give the one I decide not to keep to a gaffer.

Sarek

The "will the switch" be a success thread is full of naysayers...yet amazon is already sold-out in germany...and I bet the other countries arent different...

I don't know if this will do well or not, but when will people learn that being "sold-out" means absolutely nothing.

Fliesen

The thing is my backlog is huge. Still haven't finished Pikmin 3, Xenoblade X, Bayonetta 1+2, Wonderful 101. I wonder why I bought this system. :/

i've played like 1 hour of Twilight Princess HD, haven't finished Pikmin 3, haven't redeemed my free code for Wonderful 101.

I stopped believing that i'd ever find the time to go through that kind of backlog. There's too many great new games coming out and my time's limited. It's simply not realistic that i'd ever play / finish those games. As sad as it sounds.

jts

...hate me...
Why can't they just keep taking preorders and placing them in a queue :/

Certainly this system they have can cost a few sales.

I've been online refreshing info almost all day, including amazon.de, and the one hour I was away it went on sale and sold out. Argh.

blue and red master race btw

oti

Banned

I sold it during Christmas time for 220€. Now I'm thinking of selling my 3DS once I finish Picnics 3D 2 and some other smaller titles too.

Can't find it cheaper than €329.99 anywhere in Ireland, cheapest I can find breath of the wild is €64.99
€394.99 is such a huge ask and a price I wasn't really prepared for.

ponziacs

Banned
US prices don't include sales tax. For example someone in Chicago with a 10.25% sales tax would pay $30.75 sales tax on $300.

RalchAC

This is even more bs than usual.

Not really. The Euro has become much weaker than it was years ago.

Right now, 1$ is 0.93€.

300$ = 280€ aprox.

Add a 20% VAT and you have... well, the price of the Switch.

Or you expect Nintendo to pay the VAT themselves?

I feel bad for y'all, European brothers and sisters. Paying $50 more than us Americans because... reasons? C'mon Nintendo.

Maybe it has to do with complex global marketplace issues that are beyond my current knowledge base. But still...

Just paid the switch+zelda off through gamestops amazing trade-in deal. Normally I wouldn't have bought the console at lunch, but this was just too tempting to resist.

Theonik

Not really. The Euro has become much weaker than it was years ago.

Right now, 1$ is 0.93€.

300$ = 280€ aprox.

Add a 20% VAT and you have... well, the price of the Switch.

Here's the thing. I can understand Nintendo not wanting to do that. But pricing is not just about that but the cost the market can bear. If Nintendo wants to see these Switch SKUs that is reason for them to eat that cost. If they don't, then well, don't blame people for not buying it.

Cerbero

So:

Switch 330€
+Zelda 70€
+128GB microsd 45€
Total 445€(or 400€ if you don't want a 128GB microsd)

Yeah, it's way too much.

hurzelein

What did you trade in? How much would you get for a Wii U?

Only software counts towards the "double value" afaik.

I'm wondering what happens when I trade in my stuff, and then cancel the preorder. Will I get back the difference - the game bonus value or all of my money.

RalchAC

Here's the thing. I can understand Nintendo not wanting to do that. But pricing is not just about that but the cost the market can bear. If Nintendo wants to see these Switch SKUs that is reason for them to eat that cost. If they don't, then well, don't blame people for not buying it.

You won't see me complaining if people don't buy it.

The Switch is too expensive for what is is, IMO. But those 30€ you are paying because of taxes aren't the problem.

The system would be (almost) equally unappealing for a lot of people at 300€. For various reasons. People has been posting them for a while.

GlamFM

Banned
I feel bad for y'all, European brothers and sisters. Paying $50 more than us Americans because... reasons? C'mon Nintendo.

Maybe it has to do with complex global marketplace issues that are beyond my current knowledge base. But still...

Read my post above yours.

Xadjim

Banned
So.... I am probably gonna play the waiting game here. There are more than enough games coming out for PS4 anyway in the next few weeks

deleted

Yeah, what gives - I preordered -_-
330 is too much, but I'm in for zelda on the train...

I guess I'll just wait on extras (extra controllers) till mk8 releases..
That'll be the time to get bomberman too.

Acheteedo

Is it me or is £279.99 shockingly good (relatively) given the current exchange rate, the usual UK tax factors, and the Nintendo aspect?

What did you trade in? How much would you get for a Wii U?

4 PS3, 2 PS4, 3 Wii U and 2 3DS Games got me 230€.

Wii U trade-in is not affected by the switch promotion, but the clerk at my store told me I would get 90€ for a white one and 115€ for a black one. You also get 30€ for a Wii, if anyone is interessted.

Theonik

You won't see me complaining if people don't buy it.

The Switch is too expensive for what is is, IMO. But those 30€ you are paying because of taxes aren't the problem.

The system would be (almost) equally unappealing for a lot of people at 300€. For various reasons. People has been posting them for a while.
I don't think the difference is important either. But there is a psychological barrier of selling it for 329 vs 299. It is perceived as more significant than it is. Just look at posts in this thread.

sam777

Germany prices are always including MwSt, US prices excluding VAT.

Why did the PS4 not price their console higher in euro's then?
Also the tax in US is variable, some states have no tax. Literally nearly all the countries apart from the U.S is getting shafted by Nintendo.

stalker

This was not for me, but just answering ....

No, I do not expect Nintendo to pay VAT for me. But I also do not expect Nintendo to pass to me as a consumer the impact of exchange rate fluctuations, particularly when they never took this into account when it would have been in favour of consumers paying in euros.

Top Bottom