• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syfy Unveils Largest Original Programming Slate In Its History.

Status
Not open for further replies.
_Isaac said:
You all remember "Who Wants to be a Superhero?"
Good TV right there.

So bad it was good.

And concerning SGU - they didn't really give it a chance. SyFy sent it to die by moving it to Tuesdays after the Stargate franchise had aired on Fridays for YEARS.

Zzoram

sega4ever said:
i would kill for a channel that aired nothing but the following reruns:

old twilight zone
newish outer limits
sliders
firstwave
sightings
lexx
quantum leap
incredible hulk
battlestar galactica
stargate sg1
x files

peppered with the following non sci-fi shows for variety:
angel
buffy
unsolved mysteries
masters of horror

topped off with 2 yearly 24 hour twilight zone marathons

that's what SyFy SHOULD be, with the odd new sci-fi shows

Duki

Banned
CarbonatedFalcon said:
So bad it was good.

And concerning SGU - they didn't really give it a chance. SyFy sent it to die by moving it to Tuesdays after the Stargate franchise had aired on Fridays for YEARS.
wat

tuesdays are a much better timeslot though

you dont think sg fans would have willingly migrated?

Zzoram

Duki said:
wat

tuesdays are a much better timeslot though

you dont think sg fans would have willingly migrated?

tuesdays means it has to compete with the 4 big networks primetime TV shows

fridays was a safe haven for cable to avoid competing with popular network shows

jason10mm

Gold Member
As sad as the channel has become in recent years, I still watch a shit-ton of it, probably more than any other channel besides F/X.

Haven
Warehouse 13
Eureka
Face/Off
Merlin
Sanctuary

Watching the end of SG:U. Not real happy with that show, wish they dialed down the whining and upped the "can do" attitudes, but it was still a interesting show. Face/Off was nice because they stayed focused in the make-up studio. There was some pointless drama but they kept it to a minimum. I wish more reality shows would make the decision to be a game show or just a documentary and go with it. Sanctuary is totally insane. Could either be the most imaginative show in decades or raving lunacy, hard to tell at this point. No longer just an episodic "monster of the week" show, that if for sure. If only they could get Tapping to lose that ridiculous accent...

Will give Alphas a go, but not getting a good vibe from the trailers. Always down for more Battlestar.

Zzoram said:
I don't get it, sci-fi isn't that expensive. Do cheap CG like Sanctuary does, I would watch a Stargate series with Sanctuary level CG for cost savings. It would just be like watching a sci-fi show from 1999 but new episodes, and could still be very good.
The CG on Sanctuary is definitely obvious, but I appreciate how it lets them do about any large-scale setting or creature they want with a cable TV budget.

Zzoram

JoshuaJSlone said:
The CG on Sanctuary is definitely obvious, but I appreciate how it lets them do about any large-scale setting or creature they want with a cable TV budget.

CG in 90s Star Trek and Babylon 5 was roughly Sanctuary level and yet those shows were still awesome sci-fi.

If the issue is cost, copy the Sanctuary CG model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom