• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell testing fast-casual concept restaurant "U.S. Taco Co." to take on Chipotle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blastoise

Banned
Look at this shit. It's so sterile and tacky. You know that they had 3 months of powerpoint presentations to come up with the alternating jar placement. Like someone said before, this reminds me of poochy.

KkwUvSY.jpg

zruben

Banned
I'm confused how tacos contribute to diarrhea.

That's cause of the lactose intolerance.

Tacos: Tortillas + greasy beef, usually with lemon and spicy stuff (hot sauce, tomato, cliantro, salt, onion, etc.)
Milkshakes: Milk is heavy to "digest" and gets bad with lemon. And all the add sugary stuff just make it worse.

The combination is a bomb for your stomach and very hard to digest. You should get Tacos with water, lemonade, coke. Anything lighter than milk.

LOL, I'm sorry, I'm seriously baffled with how different mexican and american stomaches work.

flour tortilla tacos?

iwfmjsvejvverezkfk.gif

breakfast guisados with flour tortillas are awesome. A very common practice in northern mexico.
just look at these beautiful and tasty motherfuckers.

Meier

eh, there's plenty of better taco places all over texas. torchy's is ok but nothing special.

I dunno man, Torchy's is tough to beat. There are quite a few very good places here in Austin (I'm always spreading the Cabo Bob's gospel and El Tacorrido is fantastic) but Torchy's scratches a special itch. Their chicken is really, really fantastic -- I'd recommend anyone try to get a very basic taco from there sometime to get a feel for just how good the components are. Obviously their chips and queso stomp the competition as well.

I dunno man, Torchy's is tough to beat. There are quite a few very good places here in Austin (I'm always spreading the Cabo Bob's gospel and El Tacorrido is fantastic) but Torchy's scratches a special itch. Their chicken is really, really fantastic -- I'd recommend anyone try to get a very basic taco from there sometime to get a feel for just how good the components are. Obviously their chips and queso stomp the competition as well.

I always hear so many good things about Torchy's, but I tried it one time and thought they delivered mediocre tacos for a high end price. I don't get the love for that place. Fuzzy's is way better to me, not to mention any taqueria around town that have tacos for $1-$1.50.

Lamel

Banned
The appeal of chipotle for me is the fresh ingredients. For some reason I am repulsed by current taco bell.

kick51

Banned
i actually travel to a completely separate dimension from your own where the best little taco truck is parked. It shits on any local taco place you've been to from orbit.

Kubiubo

I just realized that they're building this in the complex I work in. The building has been torn apart for a while, I remember seeing the liquor license paper hung on the door for some months now.

The appeal of chipotle for me is the fresh ingredients. For some reason I am repulsed by current taco bell.

Exactly.

Yum Yum isn't going to revamp their entire supply chain for this one branch. They're still going to be using the same shitty suppliers and shitty logistics.

BPoole

I can't eat taco bell. It tastes like wet dog food. This probably won't be much better. If I'm in the mood for pseudo-mexican food, I'll continue to go to Chipotle

I went on labor day. Honestly, it was pretty good. I got a taco called the "not my first rodeo". It was great. It was kind of expensive tho, and not that big

Calamari41

41 > 38
This is right down the street from me. Pretty good tacos, but the people working there are just not cutting it. And it is supremely embarrassing to order food here since the names are so stupid.

The big problem is that there is a Bruxie one street corner away, which is vastly superior. Given the multitude of options for great authentic tacos around HB, I can't see myself going back except on a spur of the moment whim. This place would probably do better on the east coast or something.

I wonder if this is really giving Chipotle a run for their money. I go to chipotle for relatively cheap ($7/$8) filling food that I can customize to a certain degree. All this new restaurant seems to offer is expensive craft food that I don't really customize on my own and won't really be filling unless I go into a higher price range than what I'm used to spending on Mexican food.

Don't get me wrong, it looks delicious, but I can't imagine going there in the same way I'd visit Chipotle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom