• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell launches $1 breakfast menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guevara

BN-MZ889_TACO_a_J_20160309203820.jpg

The battle over breakfast is heating up.

Less than two years after entering the fast-food breakfast market, Taco Bell on Thursday plans to unveil a dollar breakfast menu comprising 10 menu items, including a mini skillet bowl and bacon-and-egg-stuffed tacos and burritos.

It is the latest effort on the part of a fast-food chain to mine a growing and profitable segment of an otherwise lackluster industry, and it comes on the heels of McDonald’s Corp.’s all-day breakfast launch last year, in which a limited number of breakfast items are offered beyond the usual 10:30 a.m. cutoff.

Ms. Thalberg said Taco Bell made its breakfast debut in late March 2014 with waffle tacos and A.M. Crunchwraps but learned there were gaps between what it was offering and what consumers most desired. It turns out people really wanted bacon and they wanted it in breakfast items that cost $1.

635932074125258886-Taco-Bell---1-Morning-Value-Menu---New-Offerings-menu-board-.jpg

http://www.wsj.com/articles/in-fast...mes-most-important-meal-of-the-day-1457615028

This is the real captain america: civil war

Zoe

I get the bacon crunchwrap pretty regularly. I'd try out breakfast tacos from them, but they actually did a pretty good job sucking me in with the one-hand meal campaign they did for the crunchwraps.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It is therefore not surprising the US has high incidence of obesity and all the health-related issues that come with it

Taco Bell is worldwide. Food without borders.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Me either, but it seems to be a popular meme around the taco bell threads...that and that football dude.

It's from people that don't eat there, and think that it's supposed to be food for poors.

We can feed the poors with Bell.

impact

Banned

Cheap and tasty, anyone saying "it gives me the shits" well get to a fucking doctor...

this "go to a doctor" is becoming a new meme btw

if food makes you shit, it doesn't mean you need to see a doctor. just thought you should know.

Count me in for the all-day breakfast hopefuls. Like, seriously, have you tried their AM Crunchwraps? add in some pico and it's the breakfast GOAT

Davey Cakes

Cheap and tasty, anyone saying "it gives me the shits" well get to a fucking doctor...
Right? I feel like a lot of FoodGAF have irritable bowels or something.

If it doesn't cause diabetes, it gives you explosive diarrhea shits.

I can't recall a single time when eating any sort of fast food gave me an immediate need to run to the bathroom.

This thread just makes me hungry for Taco Bell. Never tried the breakfast stuff before.

ito007

Only food chain that is consistently awful for my bowels is Little Caesars. It's like clockwork. It's unfortunate that I can't take advantage of those sweet deals. I'll slam a bunch of AM crunchwraps though

bounchfx

Right? I feel like a lot of FoodGAF have irritable bowels or something.

If it doesn't cause diabetes, it gives you explosive diarrhea shits.

I can't recall a single time when eating any sort of fast food gave me an immediate need to run to the bathroom.

This thread just makes me hungry for Taco Bell. Never tried the breakfast stuff before.

I donno. do you eat fast food often? then it probably wont affect you. I used to love soda until I switched to water for a couple months, now if I try soda it's still tasty but if I even approach a full can I will just feel like shit and my mouth feels completely coated with syrup. it's horrible. Maybe it's like that?
I'm not gonna risk finding out

Taco Bell's breakfast is abhorrent. Bacon tastes like salad bar bacon bits, and their biscuit chicken taco was inedible.

I don't eat bacon so I can't vouch for it. Also didn't care for the biscuit taco either, so I'm with you on that. What I got the other day was pretty good, but I don't remember what it was.

Dicer

Banned
this "go to a doctor" is becoming a new meme btw

if food makes you shit, it doesn't mean you need to see a doctor. just thought you should know.

If it makes you shit you have a weak constitution and should get looked at, you are talking to someone with medical issues that cause me to actually shit, a lot. I knows my limits and what I can have on occasion and Taco bell has never once given me the exploding backside.

So again, the "it'll give you the shits" trope or meme or whatever is old, and I got ahead of it for once, or so I hope.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
T.Bell breakfast is pretty much bottom on the fast food A.M. tier list. I can get down with the later day options, but cheddar cheese on a folded waffle. No thank you.

I'm not sure if they had the A.M. crunch wrap when it was still in testing phase, but I did get one of everything from their breakfast menu then, and was not impressed.

mackattk

Fastfood is so cheap in the states wow

Depends. There is this cheap stuff, everything else is almost as expensive as a sit-down restaurant.

I could get a Big Mac combo from McDonald's for like $7, or I could go to someplace like Chili's and get a hamburger/fries for $8-$9.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I dont care for their regular menu, but their breakfast has always been on point. I use to love their breakfast quesadillas as a kid

213372bu

Banned
They're breakfast is actually great now.

They literally removed everything from the menu when it launched.

Grande scrambler is great and taste fresh with the premium tomatoes.

Crunch wrap is pretty filling and a good combo with their new hash brown

Breakfast quesalupa taste like a croissant taco.

They're like the nearest to CFA breakfast now.

Now just change that shitty coffee.

impact

Banned
If it makes you shit you have a weak constitution and should get looked at, you are talking to someone with medical issues that cause me to actually shit, a lot. I knows my limits and what I can have on occasion and Taco bell has never once given me the exploding backside.

So again, the "it'll give you the shits" trope or meme or whatever is old, and I got ahead of it for once, or so I hope.

all food makes you shit

what do you think shit is made of?

all food makes you shit

what do you think shit is made of?

So you don't understand what Dicer was inferring when he/she said "makes you shit"?

Especially with the last sentence explicitly stating "give you the shits" aka diarrhea?

Sarcasm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom