• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taking photos has never been easier, but I barely have any photos of myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geist-

Anyone else have this problem? My phone takes high quality pictures, but it never even crosses my mind that this might be a good place to take a photo when I'm doing stuff. I'm not antisocial, but I have maybe 5 photos on facebook with friends. It's starting to make me worried now. I'm 23 years old, but it's entirely possible that years have gone by without a single picture of myself.

Anyone else have this problem? How do I get into a phototaking mindset that seems to define my generation?

Not everyone is into selfies, and that's fine.

I'd rather that than the people I've seen who are literally filming themselves with selfies sticks in public at all times.

I've had my picture taken 4 times in the past year, two of which I wanted to take. I try to avoid taking pictures because smiling hurts my face when it's forced.

Also I don't have much of a life so photo opportunities aren't very common.

Don't think of it as selfies, start an art project to document your life and the melancholy, fleeting passing of time

Then decorate your room with postersize prints of your own face

Not everyone is into selfies, and that's fine.

I'd rather that than the people I've seen who are literally filming themselves with selfies sticks in public at all times.

Or the people who only take close-up pics of their face while they're doing something interesting.

I have this friend who went on a helicopter ride, and all he took were selfies. No shots of the helicopter or the view from the helicopter while in the air. Just shots of his face while he's sitting in the helicopter lol.

Tenebrous

Don't bother with it. I've taken perhaps two pictures of my face since the start of the decade, as honestly, there's nothing really to remember.

freshair

Don't be afraid to ask someone to take your photo for you if you're not into selfies. And I'm talking about when you're out doing fun things on the weekend and not necessarily during a group hang.

Alternatively, make friends with someone who's into to photography as a hobby. You'll always have fresh photos because they bring their damn camera everywhere. (that friend so me)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I don't have many photos of myself either. I do take a lot of photos, though. Whenever I'm out and about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom