• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Berseria |OT| The Band of the Crowe

Are random Giganto monsters only supposed to give you 50 EXP? I'm playing on Hard and the normal enemies in here were giving around 30-40 EXP so I'm wondering if I'm screwing myself EXP wise by playing on Hard.

aitakute

How popular Tales series is in the West? I find it's funny that Tales games's openings on youtube always have millions of views. More than many other Jrpg. Berseria's OP is great but it still can't top Xillia 2's opening. That OP has like 4 mils views on youtube

Bladenic

But there are many in-game costumes in Berseria too. Not just recolored shits

I just got server outfits for Laphicet, Velvet, and Rokurou, and bought an outfit for Eizen that... well let's just say I'm running around as a giant red Normin LMAO

I can't believe you can't stream ANYTHING in the game. Like wtf? Is Namco like this with any other series they own? It's just weird to me. Like i'd sooner expect this from SE with Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts than Tales.

Add me to the list of getting screwed over by Amazon, placed an order the moment it went up as well. >.>

Heavily contemplating never pre-ordering anything limited edition from them anymore unless I absolutely have to, considering them shipping out stuff in a random order.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
How long til this unlocks on steam?

8f8c78111c.png

Jiraiza

I just got server outfits for Laphicet, Velvet, and Rokurou, and bought an outfit for Eizen that... well let's just say I'm running around as a giant red Normin LMAO

I can't believe you can't stream ANYTHING in the game. Like wtf? Is Namco like this with any other series they own? It's just weird to me. Like i'd sooner expect this from SE with Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts than Tales.

What did they restrict? I know they don't let you stream the cut scenes, but that was the Japanese version. I just went around it with a capture card, though.

Bamco is overly paranoid when it comes to sharing Tales games for some reason.

Not only for Tales of games, but their other games as well. It varies depend on the game though. In some games they block the share function most of the time, in other games they only block it in some instances like events, etc.

How popular Tales series is in the West? I find it's funny that Tales games's openings on youtube always have millions of views. More than many other Jrpg. Berseria's OP is great but it still can't top Xillia 2's opening. That OP has like 4 mils views on youtube

Every time a Tales game is announced my first thought is "yay new opening" and when it's released I rush to search for the opening online, even though I've only played like three of them.

Graces's OP is the worst.

Cornbread78

Man, I had to spend that $1.49 for a 30 item limit, I won't ruin it by buying to other "boosters" but $1.49 to save some aggrivation is sooo worth it, lol.

Graces's OP is the worst.

"Do you believe in love, I believe in your love..."

C'mon sing along with that smile on your face!

Rainy

Banned
I've played 2.5 hours so far and this is pretty enjoyable. Just landed in the ice area (hope that's not a spoiler)

Battle system is fun and the characters seem interesting enough. I already feel myself getting invested in Velvet's character and her motivations lol.

Rainy

Banned
So how are you supposed to get by boulders and jumps, it just shows up as "????" when I try walking towards them. Is there something I am missing?

It's like literally the first 2-3 hours of the game.

Ok because when it said 10-15 hours I got kind of concerned lol. So even the
time when velvet first meets up with the enemy and fails to beat him
is within the first couple of hours?

Thanks for the help btw.

Giolon

Wow - no recording, no screenshotting, no streaming. Bamco doesn't want anybody to know about this game do they? This is on PS4 btw.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Tales of Berseria - Added Carrying Capacity
Increases carrying capacity for non-material consumable items from 15 to 30.

For a $1.50

What. Is this gettable in game?

Shouta

Ok because when it said 10-15 hours I got kind of concerned lol. So even the
time when velvet first meets up with the enemy and fails to beat him
is within the first couple of hours?

Thanks for the help btw.

Might be a bit later than the first 3 hours for that spoiler event but it's before 10 hours, I think. It's been like 5 months since I played it.

Mieu

Pretty niche but has vocal fans.

Also, Japan released legacy costumes for th3 cast. Eizen as Herbert, Laphicet as Richard
images

kewlmyc

Pretty niche but has vocal fans.

Also, Japan released legacy costumes for th3 cast. Eizen as Herbert, Laphicet as Richard
images

Hubert was a fun character to use, but his costume will never stop being stupid looking. Especially when put on a full sized model. Why Hubert anyway? Him and Eizen have nothing in common.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Are random Giganto monsters only supposed to give you 50 EXP? I'm playing on Hard and the normal enemies in here were giving around 30-40 EXP so I'm wondering if I'm screwing myself EXP wise by playing on Hard.

You do get more XP playing on lower difficulties, but Hard gives other advantages instead so it kind of balances out. I can't recall them off the top of my head, but the game describes them in a tooltip early in.

Jolkien

So I've been trying to use Break Soul: Heaven's Claw and I just can't do it. Can someone help me with this ? When I use R2 and use the claw I use 1 attack and keep R2 pressed and nothing happens.

You do get more XP playing on lower difficulties, but Hard gives other advantages instead so it kind of balances out. I can't recall them off the top of my head, but the game describes them in a tooltip early in.

Hards get more and rarer drops.

CrazyDude

Spoiler from after you get Eizen and right before leaving cave.

So Symphonia ---> Phantasia --> Berseria ----> Zesteria are all connected? Skit talks about Martel the goddess, Dhaos(Phantasia bad guy) the demon king from some "Book of Ragnarok: Chapter 765 "The battle of Yggdrasill" Apparently Eizen's coin was dug up from an ancient ruin in a land called Kharlan.

Brandon F

So how are you supposed to get by boulders and jumps, it just shows up as "????" when I try walking towards them. Is there something I am missing?

Probably via exploration skills you unlock later in the game. You'll have to return later. Zestiria had a lot of those same gaps and boulders blocking access in the early game.

Brandon F

Hards get more and rarer drops.

Yea, and I do recall it stating higher grade opportunities too(which helps for faster skill unlocks). Also something about the Prilocites(?) having certain advantages on Hard over lower difficulties.

So Symphonia ---> Phantasia --> Berseria ----> Zesteria are all connected? Skit talks about Martel the goddess, Dhaos(Phantasia bad guy) the demon king from some "Book of Ragnarok: Chapter 765 "The battle of Yggdrasill" Apparently Eizen's coin was dug up from an ancient ruin in a land called Kharlan.

Connections to Zestiria are direct, but I think the other references are not literal and just winks and nods for fans. I read somewhere recently that this game is stuffed full of that stuff for fans to appreciate(20th Anniversary game!), but they are just callouts and are not connected.

aitakute

I've seen tons of shoutouts to other games, mainly in skirts. There was a big one to Symphonia and one to Legendia, which was cool.

There're some easter eggs in the game that made people think this game is set in Phantasia's world lol

I remember there're some books in the game that said the same thing too

When you got the rare board

Jiraiza

They're just nods to the other series.

Top Bottom