• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces f English Trailer | Dated for March 13, 2012 in North America

Seda

Update - Boxart
That's small.

THIS IS BIG.

click!

Edit: What's with the center of the PSN logo?

Original

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dP0XsM23j0

PR said:
Releases March 13!

Fantasy and Adventure Comes to North America this March

SAN JOSE, Calif., (December 14, 2011) – Leading video game publisher and developer NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. today announced the release date for next year’s Tales of Graces™ f, exclusively for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Tales of Graces f combines lush animated graphics, a dramatic storyline and an exciting real-time battle system into a sprawling epic for fans of the Tales of series and Japanese RPGs. Tales of Graces f will be available in North America on March 13, 2012.

Tales of Graces f brings the renowned and beloved Tales of series to the PlayStation 3 system for the first time in North America. Set amidst the conflict of three kingdoms competing for planetary dominance, the story follows Asbel Lhant and his friends as they come to discover just how far they will go to protect the bonds of friendship between them in a quest that stretches beyond their comprehension.

For the first time in the Tales of series, the combat system lets the player freely change attack style depending on the battle situation. The characters’ distinctive weapons can be swapped for different styles, and the new combat system is easier to control while simultaneously adding new levels of tactical depth. The title is developed by NAMCO TALES STUDIO LTD. in Japan with the aim of bringing to life the rich depth of the evocative characters created by Mutsumi Inomata.

Tales of Graces f will be available in Europe in summer 2012 and localized in German and French. More details on the European version coming soon.

For more information on the Tales of Graces f and the Tales of series, please visit http://www.talesrpg.com

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
March 13!!!

Btw, this should have been in the title. :p

Oh snap, an actual update. With a release date too! Early March actually isn't a terrible time to release this.
I do like Sophie's voice. I'm sure the Asbel and Hubert and Pascal will grow on me over time.
Hey, look. An actual opening song. ENTHUSIASTIC!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Expected, they used the English version of White Wishes.

SykoTech

Really wish purple-hair girl's character design wasn't so hideous. That alone is kind of turning me off. Still, will get. I've heard good things, and I want Xillia.

Also, enthusiasm.

Seda

March 13!!!

Btw, this should have been in the title. :p

I posted it before knowing the release date was given. heh

Also, you can't edit titles anymore with the new quick edit. You used to be able to within a small amount of time.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Man, Spring 2012 is full of RPGs.

This in March, Xenoblade in April. All is well in the world.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Wait.. friends forever?
I am too old for this shit.

I mean I love Tales games and I will buy this but its no wonder that JRPGs are bombing so hard with a theme like friends forever.*

*Yes, this is the problem. Absolutely. XD!

C-Jo

I actually know next to nothing about this game. But I'll buy it for Xillia and hope that it impresses me.

Syril

The trailer is called "Friendship"? Something tells me the writing in this game won't have much in the way of subtlety. Oh well, as long as it doesn't take itself too melodramatic and seriously.

ULTROS!

I'm surprised it didn't launch so close to FFXIII-2.

But hey, it launched near FFXIII's release date (sans year, March 10, 2010). :p

Himself

Wait.. friends forever?

I'm kinda feeling the same way at the moment. I'm not dumb enough to think that just because something is colorful/playful/cute/silly/whimsical it is automatically a "kiddy" game and not real/worth playing, but eesh...that would have made me cringe even if I were 15 years younger.

Peff

The trailer is called "Friendship"? Something tells me the writing in this game won't have much in the way of subtlety. Oh well, as long as it doesn't take itself too melodramatic and seriously.

What's that? I couldn't hear you over this :p

Aeana

Wait.. friends forever?

I mean I love Tales games and I will buy this but its no wonder that JRPGs are bombing so hard with a theme like friends forever.*

*Yes, this is the problem. Absolutely. XD!

The game's story is iffy but the theme isn't really the problem. The way they do that part actually works quite well, IMO.

EDIT: Also yes, that scene where they are like FRIENDS FOREVER, they are children.

Rpgmonkey

Been a while since I played a new Tales game, forgot how corny the writing is.

I chose not to import this to give at least a little support to the series in the West, looking forward to the combat.

Zafir

Awesome news. Hopefully the EU release is around the same time. If not I still have my $40 amazon order.

Going to be such a busy period, what with XIII-2, The Last Story and Graces F.

Cheska

And now that song is stuck in my head. I'm glad it's not in Feb like I originally thought, we need more spacing between these RPGs next year.

Reknoc

Okay, so we got Vesperia super late and Abyss early (or even later depending on your perspective) let's hope for a close Euro date for this.

"Friendship" is a kiddy theme now? I know people become cynical assholes as they grow older, but come on. Do you just lose your friends and start hating the world?

3-13-12. Damn, first quarter is packed with RPGs.

- FF XIII-2 (1/31)
- Amalor: Reckoning (2/07)
- Grand Knights History (2/21)
- Mass Effect 3 (3/06)
- Tales of Graces F (3/13)
- Yakuza Dead Souls (3/13)

Guess I'm buying them all. Not to mention Vita. My wallet cries.

Top Bottom