• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Hearts R North American Pre-Order Bonuses Revealed

Takao

Banned
tumblr_nd8pvn9zKT1tw7l9eo5_1280.png

gHf8tMs.jpg

http://bandainamcous.tumblr.com/post/99658791421/tales-of-hearts-r-is-coming-soon-to-the-vita
Tales of Hearts R is coming soon to the Vita (November 11th!) and today we’re confirming our Pre-order bonuses at GameStop and EB Games and ALSO our Digital Limited Edition!

Players who Pre-order the physical edition of Tales of Hearts R from GameStop or EB Games will receive the DLC content featuring 6 classic Tales of costumes from Tales of the Tempest, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Tales of Graces f, and Tales of Vesperia. (While supplies last).

In addition, the Digital Limited Edition will be available to purchase on the PlayStation Network starting from the launch on November 11th, until the end of November.

And last but not least, we’re happy to share that Tales of Hearts R will also be compatible with PlayStation TV, so fans can enjoy their Tales of adventures on a larger screen!

The physical version is exclusive to Gamestop and Bandai Namco's store in North America.

lol at PSTV compatible tag

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That Patty costume is just tormenting those still mad about no localized Vesperia PS3. I love it.

Was going to say, it's amazing they are putting a costume in of a character from a game that was never localized.

I have this preordered because I don't trust Gamestop. Gamestop Exclusives seem to end up becoming rare and don't drop in price. So I guess I get some costumes. Yay?

And I keep forgetting about this game too. Going to be funny when I get charged for it and wonder what the heck it is.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
SO is this game good? How's it compare to Vesperia and others?

zulux21

I wonder if people preordering from the namco bandai store will get the dlc since they just say from gamestop and eb games

I wonder if people preordering from the namco bandai store will get the dlc since they just say from gamestop and eb games

If they are gonna release it the same way they did for the One Piece Vita/PS3/3DS game, all retail copies will come with the code inside instead of having Gamestop or the store print out the code for you.

zulux21

If they are gonna release it the same way they did for the One Piece Vita/PS3/3DS game, all retail copies will come with the code inside instead of having Gamestop or the store print out the code for you.

good to know... since I couldn't get free shipping to work with gamestop, the bandai store was a few dollars cheaper since they didn't charge tax so I went with them.

Takao

Banned
I'd preorder if we got that bonus game JP got. I think the Vita remakes look gross visually to the point where something slapped together from DS sprites look better.

No VA at all? Not even for skits? Hype deflating.

Japanese voice acting only.

Wait, so do the retail copies come with a voucher code or a normal vita card?

Sagitario

For the 3 of us who pre-ordered the physical version on the Bandai Namco online store (it's handled by Amazon), the official word for the codes/bonuses is:

"We're still sorting that out - We'll have more info on that very soon!"

:\

Wait, so do the retail copies come with a voucher code or a normal vita card?
Vita card. The voucher would be for the costumes.

SO is this game good? How's it compare to Vesperia and others?

Outside of presentation (the graphics aren't that great, there's no dub, and the rearranged music is underwhelming since they handed the remixing duties off to a different composer) I'd say it easily trounces Vesperia.

The story doesn't feel like it's three separate plots loosely tied together, nor does it lose track of its central theme halfway through the game. It's nice and cohesive, with a lot of memorable moments and some of the better villains in the series.

The combat is infinitely less restrictive than Vesperia's --on the surface it's pretty similar to Xillia's-- and there's a reflex-heavy counter element to it that's incredibly satisfying to master.

My only real issue with the combat is that for something that advertises aerial combos, the developers forgot to get rid of the mid-air recovery animation from the more grounded (and IMO faster paced) Innocence R. One of the cooler tactical possibilities in other Tales games with aerial combat is that you could or another party member could jump up while an enemy was falling and continue the combo, but in this one, they'll break out in the air as soon as you stop hitting them.

Probably my second or third favorite Tales game this gen. Really solid title.

Stage On

Checked Ebgames.ca, considering how long it took them to actually list the game they where sure fast to list the preorder bonus.

Let's hope i actually get the e-mail this time around without having to phone customer service to get my code like I did with my last bonus from them.

Top Bottom